Arian Foster admits to taking money at UT...

Of course he isn't "afraid" of the NCAA....he doesn't have anything that they can take away....thanks for throwing that information out there Arian. You gave a whole new meaning to Volunteer For Life...

Reactions: 1 person
Something about butch jones is coming up on ESPN. Tune in now.......yup I am getting old. I eat my crow. It said bones jones. Wow I am an idiot

Obviously, Arian didn't have anyone in his upbringing to keep him in check. Time to grow up Foster, you are a punk. If I remember correctly, there wasn't a bunch of schools begging him to come play for them. UT gave him a chance to play in the best conference in the country for one of the most storied schools in the country and this is how he shows his gratitude. For most of his career, but especially his SR year he ran like a girl tiptoeing out of bounds. PUNK

My kid is a scholarship athlete currently in college and she often can't get in the cafeteria when it is open due to class/practice/game demands. Her sport is not a revenue sport, but if it were I can imagine the demands would be even more. Foster's story is completely believable to me because just yesterday following a match my daughter told me she hadn't eaten since breakfast that morning. It's past time the NCAA brought it's rules into the 21st century in terms of taking care of the athletes.

Reactions: 4 people
Don't even act like Arian single handedly brought millions of dollars to UT. Tennessee would remain the same with or without him. The logo brought UT millions

But without all of the student athletes over the years UT would not be the same. Its not just AF, but all the athletes who have brought money and exposure to UT and other schools. So without the athletes and sports UT would not be the same UT. If not for the athletes and sports no one would be on this message board. How many people post on the UT academic fan forum/message board? Is there even one?

I know for a fact someone who went to UGA who is a freshman this year got a new car during recruitment.

My kid is a scholarship athlete currently in college and she often can't get in the cafeteria when it is open due to class/practice/game demands. Her sport is not a revenue sport, but if it were I can imagine the demands would be even more. Foster's story is completely believable to me because just yesterday following a match my daughter told me she hadn't eaten since breakfast that morning. It's past time the NCAA brought it's rules into the 21st century in terms of taking care of the athletes.

The rules are terrible.

He is a coward for putting UT in this position.

That said, it is just words. Hardly a solid case here.

I know for a fact someone who went to UGA who is a freshman this year got a new car during recruitment.

Everybody knows things like this happen at every school under the counter. The difference is other schools don't have a moron that feels the need to announce to the world these violations

If you are complaining about having debt while that athletes don't , maybe you should have excelled more in academics. You can get a full ride from working hard. That is what these athletes have done. But no one exempts the academic scholly kids from working or taking money to help live. On top of that most don't bring the money or exposure to the school athletes do.

So when he says he doesn't have enough money for food, he really means he doesn't want to eat dorm food like the "regular" kids.

I thought that, too, but then I considered two things: First, Saturdays and Sundays are usually not covered in university meal plans, although I am not sure about the situation at UT; Second, have you ever eaten at the UT cafeteria? I wouldn't feed that slop to my dog, and it certainly isn't good fuel for our athletes.

Why not keep your mouth shut? I don't understand.

The fact that you and I and so many others don't understand is the point of this thread. And probably the point of his decision to speak out. I want to hold my judgment until more facts have come out, though.

Last edited:
But without all of the student athletes over the years UT would not be the same. Its not just AF, but all the athletes who have brought money and exposure to UT and other schools. So without the athletes and sports UT would not be the same UT. If not for the athletes and sports no one would be on this message board. How many people post on the UT academic fan forum/message board? Is there even one?

I love the academic forum. RateMyProfessor.com thread is as good as "Tennessee Tweets"

Paying college players would HAVE to be managed by the NCAA or a similar governing body like a Pell grant. Title 9 will get in the way of all of this due to the amount of money involved.

I thought that, too, but then I considered two things: First, Saturdays and Sundays are usually not covered in university meal plans, although I am not sure about the situation at UT; Second, have you ever eaten at the UT cafeteria? I wouldn't feed that slop to my dog, and it certainly isn't good fuel for our athletes.

Your second point is just dumb if you ever ate in athletes dorm cafeteria

Reactions: 2 people
If you are complaining about having debt while that athletes don't , maybe you should have excelled more in academics. You can get a full ride from working hard. That is what these athletes have done. But no one exempts the academic scholly kids from working or taking money to help live. On top of that most don't bring the money or exposure to the school athletes do.

Some programs do prohibit students from working. Mostly medicinal programs do that.

"I'm a firm believer that an employee should get paid for his work," Foster added. "And, 100 percent, I see student athletes as employees. Hiding from it is just cowardly."

He won't have the 20k college debt that I have because he played football. How is that for pay?

At least he got the coward part right.

I love the academic forum. RateMyProfessor.com thread is as good as "Tennessee Tweets"

Paying college players would HAVE to be managed by the NCAA or a similar governing body like a Pell grant. Title 9 will get in the way of all of this due to the amount of money involved.

The title nine argument gets so old. Title IX was important for a segment of student athletes. There's no reason we can't make Title X for another segment of student athletes.

This whole argument of the NCAA having to enforce something is a joke.

When Slive calls the NCAA out like he did yesterday, change is gonna come.

So he chose to live in a place that required him to pay rent?

Thought his scholarship covered a place to live. He just didn't want to live in a dorm.

The scholarship obviously covers food because the team doesn't want 180lb lineman. He just didn't want to eat the food.

A place to live and food are covered. So unless he's talking about paying his family's bills, he's full of it.

Reactions: 4 people
The title nine argument gets so old. Title IX was important for a segment of student athletes. There's no reason we can't make Title X for another segment of student athletes.

This whole argument of the NCAA having to enforce something is a joke.

When Slive calls the NCAA out like he did yesterday, change is gonna come.

Then any plan you have will not pass due to the toledos and bowling greens of football. The BCS team aren't the only ones that play football.

So he chose to live in a place that required him to pay rent?

Thought his scholarship covered a place to live. He just didn't want to live in a dorm.

The scholarship obviously covers food because the team doesn't want 180lb lineman. He just didn't want to eat the food.

A place to live and food are covered. So unless he's talking about paying his family's bills, he's full of it.

So food and shelter is the only thing a college age kid needs? Transportation, clothing, entertainment, food after games/practices and on weekends when the cafeteria is closed?

VN Store

Back