Arian Foster admits to taking money at UT...

qfl1.png

Jayson Swain ‏@JaysonSwain 3h

Foster and his legal team were full aware of the statue of limitations before the interview took place where he admitted taking money

Reactions: 4 people
If there is no proof there is nothing the ncaa can.

If someone admits to a murder from 10 years ago but the police can't find the murder weapon, is the person just set free? The proof is in the recipient. AF said he took money and impermissible benefits. I read somewhere the NCAA has a 4 year statute of limitations, if true than that would be a saving grace. But I believe UT is still on probation, so perhaps that makes this worse?

Well yeah, and who doesn't cheat on their wives any more?, and ... etc, etc. Fact is, Arian, you signed a contract. You get: free tuition, free room, free food, free books, free housing, free..all kinds of stuff...except you have to pay for it ..in practice, performance, work ethic on the gridiron, etc. Sorry you didn't perform your duties all that well at UT, but hey, it paid off for you in the long run. Hope your NFL millions helped compensate you for your UT hardships.
He wasted all his Money on Tats! He never ran as hard for Tennessee as he does now..anyone can see that

If someone admits to a murder from 10 years ago but the police can't find the murder weapon, is the person just set free? The proof is in the recipient. AF said he took money and impermissible benefits. I read somewhere the NCAA has a 4 year statute of limitations, if true than that would be a saving grace. But I believe UT is still on probation, so perhaps that makes this worse?

So, let me get this straight. You are going to equate murder which is a crime, with taking money(at worst) or tacos(at best) which is a violation of NCAA rules?

I doubt anything but a long over due discussion will come of this.

Reactions: 1 person
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZuH4_Zn6YM[/youtube]

Lets hope you can laugh this off. Maybe I forgot, but didn't the NCAA recently vacate years of victories from Penn State? And while that situation is horrific, that didn't even have anything to do with the actual results on the field (IE, none of the payers would have been ineligible because of Sandusky). The NCAA could look here and say in the past 3 weeks, 3 players have been implicated or admitted to impermissible benefits. For a school that is already on probation, I really think the NCAA could throw the hammer at Tennessee.

So, let me get this straight. You are going to equate murder which is a crime, with taking money(at worst) or tacos(at best) which is a violation of NCAA rules?

I doubt anything but a long over due discussion will come of this.

No, I am comparing breaking the law with breaking the rules. Both have consequences.

Lets hope you can laugh this off. Maybe I forgot, but didn't the NCAA recently vacate years of victories from Penn State? And while that situation is horrific, that didn't even have anything to do with the actual results on the field (IE, none of the payers would have been ineligible because of Sandusky). The NCAA could look here and say in the past 3 weeks, 3 players have been implicated or admitted to impermissible benefits. For a school that is already on probation, I really think the NCAA could throw the hammer at Tennessee.
Thats what I'm afraid of... if they Do UT football is over for a long time

the NCAA wants nothing to do with this. Can you imagine taking a school down because the players had to buy food to live? Not good PR

besides, if they come after UT for these small amounts they'll have to visit every D-I campus in the country

First of I like Foster but stating he had no food is complete BS. Also, the NCAA won't investigate every D1 school, just the ones that have players coming out and stating they were paid.

Stupid move by Foster.

PSU's defensive coordinator was using a mock charity to rape children on campus.

Arian Foster admitted to wilding on a 50-pack of Taco Bell.

Yeah. Pretty much the same.

Reactions: 4 people

Demarius Thomas took $60 of free clothes from his cousin and when he found out it may have been an NCAA violation, he gave the clothes back. I bet 70% of the country would have thought that was ridiculous just like this. However, that didn't prevent the NCAA from vacating Georgia Tech's 2009 ACC championship because of it.

Maybe we are seeing with Manziel that the NCAA has been neutered and nothing will come from this. But you cannot convince me these recent claims of players taking money is good for Tennessee in the long run.

No, I am comparing breaking the law with breaking the rules. Both have consequences.

When the brokers who paid Johnny Manziel told their stories, they said I like Johnny I'm not going to say anything to the NCAA. THAT WAS THE END OF THAT. Everyone involved knows the score.

What are they gonna do? Vacate some wins? Who suffers from that? Foster?

Extend our probation?

It's a joke!

Demarius Thomas took $60 of free clothes from his cousin and when he found out it may have been an NCAA violation, he gave the clothes back. I bet 70% of the country would have thought that was ridiculous just like this. However, that didn't prevent the NCAA from vacating Georgia Tech's 2009 ACC championship because of it.

Maybe we are seeing with Manziel that the NCAA has been neutered and nothing will come from this. But you cannot convince me these recent claims of players taking money is good for Tennessee in the long run.

This is fun. I will post more maps if you promise to have a one-sided argument with them.

When the brokers who paid Johnny Manziel told their stories, they said I like Johnny I'm not going to say anything to the NCAA. THAT WAS THE END OF THAT. Everyone involved knows the score.

What are they gonna do? Vacate some wins? Who suffers from that? Foster?

Extend our probation?

It's a joke!

But the big difference here is that Maziel is not on record admitting to taking money for the signing sessions. Foster is on record admitting to a rules violation.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back