Arian Foster admits to taking money at UT...

As an athlete you get food at certain times of the day. It's not there all day and night like people at home and such. We were grinding. I remember waking up at 4:30am for morning workout, practice, then class, back to practice home to study for class, study the offense go back to sleep. The on our rest days it was film work all day long along with foot work sessions, study for school go back to sleep. There is no break. You can't have a secular job either because there is no time. We couldn't get nice clothes and have midnight snacks like the other kids, it was pure work 24/7. There are no breaks. Sunday after the game your driving home or icing your body and barely moving because your in so much pain. I wish we got paid. Billions are made, why can't we get even the smallest of things like an allowance per 3 months for clothes and food. It sounds fun but it is a job and it's rough.

they guy likely at the pregame meal in the late afternoon. He then played football for 3hrs and gets out at midnight. Acting like he would want nothing but a snack until breakfast is kinda ridiculous
Come on. Really? That is one day a week 4 months out of the year. They are taken care of. Besides, there are a lot of snacks they can take with them on their last trip to the training table.

Missed that. So a couple months before he DJ'd the Orange and White game? Much better.

yeah I don't understand giving the interview and then acting like nothing happened. Wonder if he informed the UTAD of the interview?

Also. Our metabolism a are so high from our activity so it not like we can just not eat. We are constantly hungry ya know?

So what he's saying is.......he fumbled all those balls because his hands were greasy from the tacos! :detective:

tumblr_m1dixryJTS1qii6tmo1_400.gif

Reactions: 4 people
Stop being afraid of the NCAA. They're not going to do ****. This is nothing compared to other things going on in college football, and they're not going to do **** about that either.

You are being naive. This will give them a reason to investigate us and find out all other crap that is going on. It goes on everywhere, but the NCAA needs a reason to dig in. This, along with Bray and Couche has opened the door.

And I thought Arian had grown up and matured. I guess he still only thinks about himself. PUNK move.

If you are student and you walk into a mcallisters, and they give you a free chili potato are you saying you would say no the NCAA will not let me have this, or you would eat said potato. Check and mate.

If I was on scholarship and knew the repercussions of accepting it and not knowing who was around watching me, yeah, I would say no. Same as our government officials and anyone else SHOULD if they are in a position like that.

I used to be of a mind that players shouldn't get paid, or get any extra benefits. They get a free education, room, board. Maybe its not great conditions, and sure the university is making a fortune. But if they are good enough they get paid at the next level.

I think the reality is indeed that it goes on all the time, everywhere. Its just reality. If its abuses we want to stop -- guys getting lured somewhere for some six figure payday for Daddy, etc. --then I say we open it up and regulate it.

Reactions: 1 person
If I was on scholarship and knew the repercussions of accepting it and not knowing who was around watching me, yeah, I would say no. Same as our government officials and anyone else SHOULD if they are in a position like that.

yeah right.

The 3 yrs from highschool rule should never change. A high school kid going straight pro I risking their lives. It is a boy playing against men.

This travesty regarding a lack of player compensation has gone on long enough.

Based on the SI Article, I think Arian's approach is exactly what this issue needs. A high profile NFL player talking about how they needed money for basic living needs while in school. Not money for sweet cars, drugs, and girls. Money for simply living a decent college lifestyle.

If we get more sanctions, so be it.

We're already in the gutters as is - I'd gladly give up 5-10 scholarships to make real progress towards doing the right thing.

Reactions: 3 people
I used to be of a mind that players shouldn't get paid, or get any extra benefits. They get a free education, room, board. Maybe its not great conditions, and sure the university is making a fortune. But if they are good enough they get paid at the next level.

I think the reality is indeed that it goes on all the time, everywhere. Its just reality. If its abuses we want to stop -- guys getting lured somewhere for some six figure payday for Daddy, etc. --then I say we open it up and regulate it.

Paying players won't stop six figure paydays for daddy.

If something was ever instituted it would be for all student athletes and would be a small sum of money. Not every university has a money making athletic program. Nothing that would prevent buying players.

yeah I don't understand giving the interview and then acting like nothing happened. Wonder if he informed the UTAD of the interview?

I'm guessing not. His point may be valid, I just don't understand throwing your coach under the bus for committing a violation and laughing about it.

What's the difference in a coach giving a player some tacos or money to eat and the school providing them with a meal plan?

VN Store

Back