Arian Foster admits to taking money at UT...

If you are student and you walk into a mcallisters, and they give you a free chili potato are you saying you would say no the NCAA will not let me have this, or you would eat said potato. Check and mate.

to be fair I saw players turn down offers to pay for their meals. Of course they were easily recognized players in very public places with lots of eyes watching

to be fair I saw players turn down offers to pay for their meals. Of course they were easily recognized players in very public places with lots of eyes watching

My wife accepted free guac on her burrito the other day. Now the NCAA was okay with it, but I was pissed at the guy hitting on her.

What's his point?
He was poor in college and had an empty fridge?

Guess what?

ME TOO! THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS IN COLLEGE.
You are poor. FACT.

lol

I don't know when you went to college but I graduated in 2007. MOST of the kids I went to UT with were not poor in any way, shape or form. I NEVER encountered someone who couldn't afford to buy basic needs like food.

Not to mention he could have went to the food hall anytime he wanted for all the food he could handle. I dont doubt he took money. I just dont think he was because he was so broke he didn't have food.

So, the heart of the matter is the NCAA will have to prove the school knew that he was accepting money, right? Assuming that doesn't happen, I don't see this going anywhere, but the 9:00 SportsCenter.

This stuff is getting tiresome, especially with the constant debate. I feel sorry for these guys, but they are getting a free education and much more. Most of them would not even have that opportunity if there weren't sports. It is as simple as that. Some would have to find a job at 18. No one is going to convince me otherwise, even though I would be fine with a small monthly stipend.

But, most college students are the same. They go to school and don't have a whole lot of money to pay for other things, and some are racking up ridiculous debt. This is the avenue to have a chance at a great living, and even if they don't make it, they get a degree, meals, and clothes. After that free degree, they can find a job. That is how the world has worked, and everyone wants a piece of the pie now.

So the 2nd report in just ONE week about us paying players on the side under 2 different coaches....hmmm...nah, nothing will come of this.

LSU football plays the majority of their home games in the evening. Their football players must be pretty hungry!

taco_party_pack.jpg

Last edited:
I also think alot of the negativity against it is ones own personal envy. But on the flip side, UT has some of the biggest boosters in the nation...soooo recruiting wouldn't be a problem :)

Wasn't his last season 2008? 4 year statute of limitations with the NCAA.

Is there a statute of limitations for making allegations?
Yes. Allegations generally are based on violations that have occurred four or fewer years before the time an institution is notified of an investigation or an institution notifies the enforcement staff of violations. However, the enforcement staff may allege violations that have occurred beyond the four-year period if they involve (1) the eligibility of a current student-athlete, (2) a pattern of willful violations that began before the four-year window but continue into the four-year window or (3) a blatant disregard for certain fundamental rules (recruiting, extra benefits, academics, ethical conduct) or (4) an effort to conceal violations.

Charging - NCAA.org

I'm not saying this falls in there, but there are exceptions.

So what he's saying is.......he fumbled all those balls because his hands were greasy from the tacos! :detective:

Reactions: 5 people
The NCAA needs to get rid of scholarships all together and pay athletes a wage. If they want to get an education... let them pay for it.

Pay them enough so that they can pay tuition, room and board on their own.

LIKE NORMAL KIDS DO!

They have a job now, right?????????

Like I did. Like most of you did.

For the rest that don't give a **** about school... The NCAA should spearhead the creation of a minor league for football. OR convince the NFL to do away with the stupid "3 years removed from HS" rule.

Its SIMPLE... keep the "student" in student-athlete.

Yea, it must be awful to get a free education, tutoring, workouts.....all for doing something you enjoy.

Not to mention you get treated like royalty everywhere you go. This whole players getting paid thing is just such a joke.

The University and the NCAA make money off of them yes, if a player has a problem with that than go play at a Junior College for a couple years and see how that works for you.

Players at schools like UT are pampered ass babies. They have EVERYTHING they could ever dream and more for living their dream!

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back