Army Female recruits can't pass the physical

We had to do the 12 miler at Stewart along with a 4 mile run in addition to our regular PT test. I think we did a 17 miler in basic at Leonard Wood and it was pretty brutal.

I don't think they ever told us how far the march was in basic at Ft Benning. They simply let us know we were there at the end. I always had the feeling they believed in the element of surprise - drill sergeants knew what we were going to do - we didn't. Drill sergeants always marched or ran on the crown - we marched or ran in the sandy tracks.

Reactions: hog88
iu

I guess I'm probably one of the only ones that didn't care for Stripes.

Reactions: AM64
We had to do the 12 miler at Stewart along with a 4 mile run in addition to our regular PT test. I think we did a 17 miler in basic at Leonard Wood and it was pretty brutal.
I'm not sure i could run that much if you add up all the runs for the rest of my life

I've done more 12 milers than I'd like to attempt to count. It's an arbitrary number and stupid.

I'm not sure i could run that much if you add up all the runs for the rest of my life

Early on in the military I could run for days. As my body changed I got worse at running and better at everything else though. I think I did a 12 minute 2 mile at the end of basic and weighed 155. By the end of my service I was doing about a 14 something 2 mile and maxing push ups and sit-ups and weighed about 180. I should’ve tried to milk a little disability out of them because I can’t run 1/4 mile anymore without my back putting me on the ground.

Last edited:
I remember the ones that got orders to go to Korea was referred to as “queen for a year”. When I was in Korea it was more like “***** for a year”.
Korea had hot local girls at the USAF bases. No one really gave a second look at the American girls...so much so that a lot of dudes were coming back with wives. I remember on kid went to Kunsan for 30 days and wound up married.

Now in Afghanistan or Iraq...those were different stories.

Korea had hot local girls at the USAF bases. No one really gave a second look at the American girls...so much so that a lot of dudes were coming back with wives. I remember on kid went to Kunsan for 30 days and wound up married.

Now in Afghanistan or Iraq...those were different stories.
My nephew came back with a wife from Korea.

Reactions: AM64 and FLVOL_79
They certainly do!!! It’s interesting because he was never even interested in dating anyone while he was in school. Turns 18, enlisted, gets shipped off to Korea and comes back married... Then had to wait like 3 years for her Visa to get approved so she could actually come over here. Anyway, I hope it works out for them.

They certainly do!!! It’s interesting because he was never even interested in dating anyone while he was in school. Turns 18, enlisted, gets shipped off to Korea and comes back married... Then had to wait like 3 years for her Visa to get approved so she could actually come over here. Anyway, I hope it works out for them.

I never did understand guys falling in "love" with Koreans while I was there but some did.

Reactions: SumSoonerChick

VN Store

Back