Austin Price Comments About Lance Heard

Or overestimating them. They abused a bad FCS team to distort their stats. Last week against Auburn they had 334 yds. Auburn at #62 nationally appears to be the "best" D they've faced. In the previous week, Auburn gave up about 450 yds to New Mexico. UAB is actually ranked 40th in total D but their other opponents were ULM and Alcorn St. Oklahoma State is currently ranked 126th out of 134 teams in total D. They really haven't stopped anyone.

Don't overlook Arkansas. They are potentially dangerous. But also don't pretend they've played a D even in the same universe as UT.
They are a run heavy team as well which does not match up well with our strengths of stopping the run… off of a bye week heup will have us humming and the confidence of the team is very high… I respect road night sec game but I honestly think we win by 3 tds +

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Arkansas is 8th nationally in total offense, and I hope they aren't able to accomplish what OK's backup qb did in the 4th quarter. Being a road game we definitely don't need to be overlooking them.
What OU was able to do in the 4th is honestly being largely overestimated. The DB's were playing soft coverage giving up the short routes. Maybe I was mistaken although it looked like they had 3rd string DL guys in as well. Looked to me like CJH was fine letting them put together a few drives just to burn time. I do think the field conditions played a good part on why we shut the offense down. He didn't feel like they could put together enough offense to really be a threat in the time left.

As far as AR goes. I think they are decent so you cannot just cruise into the game. Although I think UT is in a different tier than AR.

Not a NIL issue apparently. It's more that he doesn't want to play through an injury. It's likely a smart move long term for him, even if it isn't the sort of tough it out attitude that we like we see from guys like Campbell and Mays.
And Campbell’s knees are probably shot. Mays has had so many issues as well. Both of those guys are warriors. The threshold for being able to play at a high level is going to be different for some people especially when others are involved with outside interests.

I mentioned in another thread. I saw on some Facebook page that he was able, but was holding out for more NIL. I'm not saying that's gospel, but I did read it, and it could be completely false. I'd just wondered if anyone else heard anything when I mentioned it.
Sounds like a troll trying to create strife. We can't feed them. I trust Heup if it's something that needs to be handled internally. We have a solid enough team to weed out someone who isn't about the Team it's more like family amongst them. We're up and there's not a lot of fan bases happy about it especially how we're killing it in recruiting. I hope it's not so, but I trust this staff to adjust fire. GBO

Ps. Is there anywhere in Southwest Washington or Portland Oregon where Vol fans get together to watch the games?

Smart. I wouldn’t trust @Stoerner Fumbles as far as I can throw him. Biggest blowhard on this site if you ask me. Pretty sure he’s solely responsible for the Grumors.

Can we ban him? Or maybe just shoot him?
Per the courts, you can’t make any decisions beyond your choice of soft food, and the color of your safety helmet.

LWS is right. Heard had to make a minimum of weekly practice hours to make the travel squad. He sat out Thursday practice at his discretion to not travel. Apparently they didn’t want it to be a game time decision made by the trainer. They want his ankle to heal. From what I understand, he’ll practice this week with restrictions and they have a goal of him hopefully traveling to Arky, and definitely playing Fla. It is not an NIL problem.

UT has depth on the OL or they wouldn't have survived so far. No one has depth so great that injuries can't push through it. Considering OU has a pretty good DL, I thought Johnson showed some promise. He probably earned more looks from the staff. I truly appreciate Davis... but the guy needs to be strictly a back up who spells the starters. He's not athletic enough to stand up to top tier DLs.

The Vols have other talented players in development. You would rather take your time but they might have to get someone like Warren ready to go as the primary back up if Heard or someone else isn't available over the long haul.

Over the last 20 years, we've seen times when the Vols had 5 or 6 credible OLs at best and behind them were guys who shouldn't have been on the roster. This isn't like that.
We definitely have some younger OL with talent. The issue with playing Freshman OL is most haven't developed physically enough to compete with top tier SEC DL. It just takes a year and sometimes two in the weight room to get them bulked up enough to take on grown men. Its common to see these guys come in at 285 and leave at 320 with most of that weight being muscle. So getting them ready takes more than learning the playbook and watching film.

I think he’s injured and not able to play. I think the narrative that he could have played against Kent State was either overly optimistic or intentional misinformation.

We can invent a thousand things to worry about but without actual verifiable facts, it’s really a waste of time…if he can’t play, it’s next man up. We signed three 4 star OL last year and two of them were early enrollees and might be ready if needed…it’s unfortunate that Umarov from the 2023 class got hurt but Larry Johnson is ready…the OL will play better next week - they will use the Oklahoma game as a learning experience

LWS is right. Heard had to make a minimum of weekly practice hours to make the travel squad. He sat out Thursday practice at his discretion to not travel. Apparently they didn’t want it to be a game time decision made by the trainer. They want his ankle to heal. From what I understand, he’ll practice this week with restrictions and they have a goal of him hopefully traveling to Arky, and definitely playing Fla. It is not an NIL problem.
I have absolutely no inside info, or connections to the program but I do have a bit of insight into team dynamics. Forget the coaches, your teammates are going to expect you to go if you can, and the idea of letting your teammates down is going to motivate these guys a lot. Ankle sprains are tough for any athlete because you have to drive or cut off your ankles. Putting a foot in the ground and driving off that ankle into a 300 lb. DE or DT is exponentially harder than just walking or even running in a straight line. To me this sounds like the more plausible explanation.

Reactions: memtownvol
OTH sports talked about Heard missing the Ok game. They basically said it was NIL and he wanted to renegotiate this mid-season.
Hooker said no way should CJH give in and Caleb said they should. Definitely the younger generations think an agreement / contract means nothing. I’m old, so I say cut bait and let him go now and cut his NIL now.
Dave Hooker and that dude who used to write fansided articles. Those two make Basilio look like a well sourced, reliable member of the sports media world.

Reactions: Smokymtnbullet
Sounds like a troll trying to create strife. We can't feed them. I trust Heup if it's something that needs to be handled internally. We have a solid enough team to weed out someone who isn't about the Team it's more like family amongst them. We're up and there's not a lot of fan bases happy about it especially how we're killing it in recruiting. I hope it's not so, but I trust this staff to adjust fire. GBO

Ps. Is there anywhere in Southwest Washington or Portland Oregon where Vol fans get together to watch the games?
Idk about that area, but we do have fans out there

They are a run heavy team as well which does not match up well with our strengths of stopping the run… off of a bye week heup will have us humming and the confidence of the team is very high… I respect road night sec game but I honestly think we win by 3 tds +
Wait. UA is a run heavy team that does not match up well with our strengths of stopping the run? I’m completely confused with that statement. Didn’t you just contradict yourself?

Eric Cain of VQ/Locked On Vols was also specifically asked on this mornings mailbag show about Heard being NIL related....as LSW and others have also said, there is NO problem involving his NIL

Wait. UA is a run heavy team that does not match up well with our strengths of stopping the run? I’m completely confused with that statement. Didn’t you just contradict yourself?
Confusing wording my apologies… I was saying we are a bad matchup for Arkansas because we stop the run well I could’ve said that a lot better but I thought by me saying we win by 3tds would nullify the wording lol.

VN Store

Back