Biden gonna tax us to death

The factory up the road from me is starting at $17.50 an hour, no experience, benefits, air conditioned, etc and can't even get anyone to apply.

I ran an ad for a driver in DeMoines at $29hr with overtime and in a month got 2 applications and 1 couldn’t pass the drug test and the other wouldn’t stay out overnight.

Reactions: AM64 and Ttucke11
The factory up the road from me is starting at $17.50 an hour, no experience, benefits, air conditioned, etc and can't even get anyone to apply.
The company I retired from can't get people to work for over $25/hr and all the overtime a person could want and nobody wants it because they would have to actually work and not stare at their phone all day.

Biden campaigned on no tax increase on those earning below $400K, so, we will see. But that was before his $1.9 trillion COVID deal which was on top of Trumps. A-big tax increase will be needed
In all honestly there is going to have to be a “revenue increase” to use Yellen’s euphemism to fund all three handouts from both admins which have already occurred.

Reactions: AM64
The company I retired from can't get people to work for over $25/hr and all the overtime a person could want and nobody wants it because they would have to actually work and not stare at their phone all day.

Exactly. Maybe this is a big city, liberal problem. Everyone with a job around me seems to be doing pretty well. And there certainly isn't a lack of jobs either.

Reactions: AM64 and Rickyvol77
In all honestly there is going to have to be a “revenue increase” to use Yellen’s euphemism to fund all three handouts from both admins which have already occurred.
They haven't even started thinking about social security yet either, that will be a massive tax increase or benefits cut which is poison either way.

I am not sure why you are so much in favor of supplementing the wealth of WalMart's low wages. It's founders are among the world's richest people and we have contributed to their wealth with our tax dollars because of their refusal to pay their employees a fair wage.
Same reason liberals are in favor of letting illegal immigration be run as basic slave labor for votes?

Quality of life is subjective.
No doubt. Unfortunately, we have a nation full of people that have been manipulated into believing that it is directly tied to consumerism and the accumulation of things. When it comes to mind screwing people through marketing, nobody does it better than the US.

I feel that way when there’s only 2 registers with an actual cashier and I have to go through the self checkout line.
Take a stack of lumber through the self checkout line at Home Depot and hold up your 2x4's to the scanner next time, they'll love you!

I ran an ad for a driver in DeMoines at $29hr with overtime and in a month got 2 applications and 1 couldn’t pass the drug test and the other wouldn’t stay out overnight.
My understanding is that there are different tiers of positive drug tests, maybe not for DOT jobs, but for other lines of work.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
I am not sure why you are so much in favor of supplementing the wealth of WalMart's low wages. It's founders are among the world's richest people and we have contributed to their wealth with our tax dollars because of their refusal to pay their employees a fair wage.
And I am not so sure why you choose to vilify the Walton family when they have created more jobs in this country than probably 75% of the rest of it. And to put a little perspective on it, Walmart put my parents out of business essentially twice (once for sure) so if either of us truly has a reason to hate them it is certainly not you. Your Don Quixote mode of Walton "government support" is a silly windmill to tilt at. I get what you are saying about their employees getting aid. Perhaps we should raise the bar... (lower the bar?) for receiving government aid, then those Walmart jobs won't be so sought after. If that happens then the Waltons would be forced to pay more for workers.

I don't care who's richer than me, because you know what... I will never have more money than Jeff Bezos and I can live with that.

I don't support people working a full time job while living under the poverty level. If you work full time you should be above the poverty line... period.

And fwiw, I do support a complete reworking of public assistance. People who are unemployed or underemployed should provide a service for their welfare dollars. It should not be simply given.

I can't really argue with either of these points. I do think there are some nuances to your first point, third party contractors for example, that you aren't taking into account.

And I am not so sure why you choose to vilify the Walton family when they have created more jobs in this country than probably 75% of the rest of it. And to put a little perspective on it, Walmart put my parents out of business essentially twice (once for sure) so if either of us truly has a reason to hate them it is certainly not you. Your Don Quixote mode of Walton "government support" is a silly windmill to tilt at. I get what you are saying about their employees getting aid. Perhaps we should raise the bar... (lower the bar?) for receiving government aid, then those Walmart jobs won't be so sought after. If that happens then the Waltons would be forced to pay more for workers.

I don't care who's richer than me, because you know what... I will never have more money than Jeff Bezos and I can live with that.
100% correct. The environment that has been created allows many companies to use the welfare system as wage subsidy. Blaming companies for working in the created environment is silly.

VN Store

Back