Bryce Thompson out - potentially

I was going to reference this study as well. Decided I didn't want to get in the middle of a discussion that has a tendency to bring out a passionate argument from both sides. Now that you brought it up....geeze, I'll dive in. Just yesterday evening, I listened to a Doctor reference studies related to use of cannabis and crimes of anger. He said, when minors commit crimes there is a push to study the "how and why' these crimes are committed. Studies show more often than not, minors who commit crime can be associated with smoking pot. He went on to say, crimes committed by adults aren't studied as much. But did say, the recent shooting show that both assailants were indeed avid pot smokers. When tendency toward mental illness is coupled with cannabis, it becomes a problem.

It is very likely that this is merely a correlation, not a cause. Most likely, those who have a tendency toward violence may turn to cannabis to self medicate. I don't advocate using cannabis, but it has a long history of medical use before pharmaceuticals became common, and most certainly would be preferred over opioids.

My thoughts on that particularly.
I don't believe for a second that Pruitt and even Fulmer didn't know about his previous situation. And Im sure in much more depth than anyone here or in the media would. Knowing that and having the same opinion that the public and media may have are 2 different things however.

If he was on a "zero tolerance" based on what he did before he got here. There's "zero" reason for him to still be on campus today. They don't need a Criminal conviction to make that decision if that was their initial stance.
Good point.

The point is it’s not provable at all. I agree if he said it it’s very wrong. But there’s no way you can convict someone on that. There’s no doubt the charges will be dropped and I’ll be very interested to see if the university moves on the word of two kids in the hallway.

I disagree. The allegations in this incident may or may not be provable in a court of law. In the event, that decision is for a jury to make. The university has its own code of conduct and its own protocols for reviewing student behavior. Unless the code has been amended to be radically more lenient, students can be suspended from the university for much less serious offenses. I think you are mistaken to say that a case cannot be made. The question is will it be made. At the very least, my guess is that the student will receive suspension for a psych eval.

Last edited:
Reactions: BisonVol
Always check your sources as this isn't true. Almost every criminal activity type decreased or stayed the same in Colorado since legalization, here's a white paper published by Colorado public safety office (a .gov site).

Colorado Division of Criminal Justice Publishes Report on Impacts of Marijuana Legalization in Colorado
Yes Indeed-Check your sources!!! There are hundreds of such "reports" on the net; however, most of them have 'cooked the books'. The pro pot advocates use some data from one source and some from another, if they used real data, from one source such as the Denver Police Dept. they will find total crime is up 7%. A serious researcher would ask, how about the crime rates in those other states where pot has been legalized in one way or another, is there a pattern? One sure way to know if a report is "tainted" with a political bent, is when they state something like, "violent crime down", or "Armed robbery of banks on Tuesdays down". When talking about Total Crime, ie the Crime Rate, when ever there are "special qualifiers" you're dealing with politicians, not serious researchers.

Last edited:
^ Salty boomer
Exactly. The average age in the House and Senate is around 60. The younger generation hasn’t had a chance to mess anything up. Would be nice if we had term/age limits there. Could help with new ideas and at the very least make it more difficult for lobbyists to buy them.

Last edited:
This mentality is a load of sh## to me. No one has any personal responsibility these days. Hes like 20 years old, not a "child". And guess what? Actions have consequences. Yeah we all made mistakes when younger, and im sure most of us felt the consequences too. This whole "he needs a structured environment" coddle him mindset is weak. People need to grow up, act like a civilized human. Letting this young man keep screaming at women and threatening them and breaking crap without consequence will not make him change his behaviour. If all this craps true he needs to be punished.

Water boarded?

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
Yes Indeed-Check your sources!!! There are hundreds of such "reports" on the net; however, most of them have 'cooked the books'. The pro pot advocates use some data from one source and some from another, if they used real data, from one source such as the Denver Police Dept. they will find total crime is up 7%. A serious researcher would ask, how about the crime rates in those other states where pot has been legalized in one way or another, is there a pattern?

Here’s some real data for you 😂😂😂😂72C8CD1D-4C73-422A-9519-12A73E150EB4.pngLooks like 2019 rates are dropping 🤷‍♂️. You cannot insinuate Mary Jane to crime rates. There’s no true study out their and you won’t find one.

Reactions: macrovol
20 Year old soldier, is not responsible for his/her actions, as they are just too young. Why do we give them weapons, and weapon training? To act like they [service members] should be held to a standard, and be subject to criminal charges if they commit a crime, is sad. These guys and gals should be let off with some counseling, and maybe given a couple of joints everyday-that would fix it!

20 Year old soldier, is not responsible for his/her actions, as they are just too young. Why do we give them weapons, and weapon training? To act like they [service members] should be held to a standard, and be subject to criminal charges if they commit a crime, is sad. These guys and gals should be let off with some counseling, and maybe given a couple of joints everyday-that would fix it!

It definitely has and will continue too.

Here’s some real data for you 😂😂😂😂View attachment 220814Looks like 2019 rates are dropping 🤷‍♂️. You cannot insinuate Mary Jane to crime rates. There’s no true study out their and you won’t find one.
You have just proved my point!!!! Only print what supports your side, instead of the full report, I'd be embarrassed-I hope you are. Real Data? If there is "no true study out their (I believe you mean there), than how can your "real data" be true?

Last edited:
You have just proved my point!!!! Only print what you supports your side, instead of the full report, I'd be embarrassed-I hope you are.

No, that’s from the same article you Quoted big head! That’s no print, that’s from the Denver police department 😂. Numbers have gone down from 2018. That’s just the truth.

99.9% chance that this is just a kid that made a mistake and said something incredibly stupid.

That 0.1% probably is too big a chance for the university to that at this point though. I thought he was fine when we were hearing the three witnesses had conflicting statements. Now that we’re hearing they all are in agreement, I think it’s over for him at least at Tennessee.

When bama players are caught with drugs and stolen fire arms (with serial numbers removed)...they aren’t even suspended indefinitely pending an investigation. Literally, there was no punishment whatsoever. But when Thompson says threatening things and punches a wall he’s out and potentially gone. Are you freaking kidding me? Good lord. We need him back. And yes I would be willing to turn a blind eye to issues due to being a fan and knowing we can’t afford to lose our best dback. But fandom aside...we’re talking about a college student that had a fight with his girlfriend that never got physical. Geeze. Get him some anger management and counseling (and make sure he knows it can’t happen again) and get him back out there!!!
If BT was the back- up long snapper you would not give a flying turd about him. Yes we need him on the field but you can't turn a blind eye to his anger issues. Counseling probably won't help him. Eventually it won't be the wall he punches.....it will be some defenseless female. I have a daughter and granddaughter so my perspective may be different than yours. Some punk lays a finger on either one of them, I will be in jail. Go Vols.

Reactions: BearCat204
If BT was the back- up long snapper you would not give a flying turd about him. Yes we need him on the field but you can't turn a blind eye to his anger issues. Counseling probably won't help him. Eventually it won't be the wall he punches.....it will be some defenseless female. I have a daughter and granddaughter so my perspective may be different than yours. Some punk lays a finger on either one of them, I will be in jail. Go Vols.
So he is beyond help? Should we just shoot him then, or lock him up?

When you look at the full and real report, not the 'cherry picked' report you've posted, you'll see a Crime Increase. This is they type of problem so many so called research papers have, a political bent, and are not dedicated to real research. When you look at the FULL report, you'll see those that are cherry picking, might have had their brain fried with all kind of dope, or they just may not know how to read a report, or they are dishonest (most likely)

Attachments

• Citywide-Reported-Offenses-2013-to-2014-ucr.pdf
    19 KB · Views: 12
When you look at the full and real report, not the 'cherry picked' report you've posted, you'll see a Crime Increase. This is they type of problem so many so called research papers have, a political bent, and are not dedicated to real research.

“2014” I’m talking 2019 big head.

ALL actions have consequences. He is a young adult that still needs guidance in life. Some men/women mature quicker than others. Some people do need structured environments, that is why they have rehab centers. Those are structured environments. Is it your argument that a structured environment is for weak people? You know there is an entire profession of people that help people with emotional challenges. I know that you were raised to bottle up your emotions and grab your bootstraps and all. But some people need an actual professional to guide them through the process.

My argument is this: if he had a separation order from a past girlfriend for the same stuff, threatening to kill her and according to her actual physical violence, coupled with this latest incident of destroying property that doesnt belong to him/ threatening another girl and shooting up the school then its time for him to face real consequences. IF it all turns out true, he should be kicked from the team. Help him get whatever help he needs, sure. But this mindset of just "hes a kid, suspend him and let him play" is garbage. Hes not a child and hes already gotten his second chance after the prior girlfriend. Hes smart enough to know what hes doing isnt ok. If he keeps getting by with things his behaviour will not change.

Just read a report from Denver's chief of police:
Denver’s violent crime rate is rising faster than any other large U.S. city, though the number of homicides, rapes, robberies and aggravated assaults remains low compared with many other metro areas, reports the Denver Post. The per-capita violent crime rate in Denver grew nine percent between 2017 and 2018, while most large cities in the U.S. saw a decline, said a survey from the Brennan Center. On average, violent crime rates in 25 of the nation’s most populous cities dropped 4 percent in that time period. Denver police say data from the first five months of 2019 show the upward trend may be shifting, said Deputy Police Chief Barb Archer.

Police Chief Paul Pazen has attributed last year’s high homicide rate in part to gang disputes and domestic violence. Sixty-seven people were shot, stabbed or beaten to death in Denver last year, the highest number since 2004. Nonfatal shootings and other gun violence have also increased. Overall crime rates in the Mile High City have increased every year since 2014, reaching 4,260 crimes per 100,000 residents in 2018. That’s a nearly 7 percent increase in four years. Still, Denver’s violent crime rate — 629 violent crimes per 100,000 residents — is about a third of what is reported in the most violent large cities, Detroit and Baltimore
One thing I get a kick out of, is how this chief of police puts a "spin" on the crime rate increase, at least we are not as bad ad Detroit or Baltimore.....

This kind of mentally creates repeat offenders rather than fixing people. This thought process will die off with the boomer generation thankfully.

If what has come out about him is true, hes already a repeat offender. He already had a separation order from a past girlfriend for death threats and according to her physical violence. Now hes threatening another and destroying property. Without consequences his behaviour will not change. You are right though, personal responsibility is indeed a dying trait. We are in the age of "safe spaces" now.

Reactions: LargeOrange1
Thought I would check in to see if any new news. This thread has taken a turn.

source.gif

According to some news stories, BT's "altercation" with the girlfriend (the one that found the false eye lashes) is a girlfriend of four (4) years, in other words, when he was a junior in HS, she was his main squeeze (or one of them). I'd be amazed if she too, matriculated at UT. Now during this time, he had other girl friends, the one with the restraining order due to death threats, and of course the false eye lash ho. This young man could easily be called, "The ladies man". If the four year relationship is to be believed, the current girlfriend, must not have been aware of the other gf in South Carolina (the one with the restraining order), because if she was upset of a pair of false eye lashes, it seems logical she would have been Really upset over another girlfriend in SC. What a coincidence-that BT would come to UT under scholarship, and his girlfriend of 4 years (junior in HS) came to Knoxville at the same time. Is she a student, or just living in the area to be close to her bf? This may be a case of stalking-she is stalking him, what's up with that?

I was trying to put this same timeline together myself after I listened to the Swain Event. They could not say the previous girl by name that he had the 1 year restraining order with sooo..... what are the chances this could be the same girl. I know couples that had this issue but would sneak around to see each other so the courts wouldn’t find out. Kinda like the ole you can’t have it know so you want it more thing, but the problems never go away.

Hey, if their (I believe you mean there) are no true reports out there, how can your report be "true"?

Because Marijuana cannot be tied to crime rates. Street weed can be laced with many thugs therefore not making it exactly Mary Jane. Also, was any of the perpetrators under the influence of alcohol? You deemed rates to be climbing and mine showed they was dropping. That’s the only truth to it.

VN Store

Back