BUTCH JONES said: This is unacceptable when you play football at the University of TN

Honestly, I have never seen you in denial of reality. I've disagreed with you... but nothing like this kind of blindness. If we were talking about a game effort in a 20 point loss then I could see and agree with the defenses you guys are throwing up.

This was pathetic.

Both RB's are better than Poole. The OL is far better. Worley SHOULD be better than Simms. The DL is better by a wide margin than '10 and so are the LB's. DB is a push.

Great coaches get more than the sum of a roster's talent. Unless you are seriously suggesting that UT has about the same talent as Nicholl's State.... this wasn't even close to performing at the level of the roster's talent.

The RBs haven't shown jack.
The OL is better.
Worley most definitely isn't better than Simms.
The DL is a little better.
The LBs are a push.
The DBs are worse.

The part about sum of parts is pure comedy. You have no idea whether Dooley or Kiffin or Fulmer would have lost by 20 or 30 or 40 with this roster ....and when it comes down to it, it doesn't matter.

1) Wrong. Neal is not better than Poole.

2) The OL is not far better. We can't get to the second level against WKU. This is the third line coach and they still haven't shown a dominant blocking game.

3) The DL is not better. Malik Jackson and Chris Walker are better than everyone the current line.

4) The LB's in 2010 were better.

5) Brian Randolph is good, but he's not Janzen Jackson.

6) Worley has never been an SEC QB.

Simply wrong on every single count. Walker wasn't a great player and Jackson had to play DT... because UT HAD NO DT's in '10.

I'm not a young fan. I have seen this act before. Dooley said alot of the right things. He had a worse team than the current UT team in the game at the half 3 years ago after 3 games... we all know how that turned out.

Jones needs to really get his act together or he may be another 3 year experiment.

You're on official ridiculous notice...not taking anything you post seriously
Posted via VolNation Mobile

This was not a 6 score beat down. They stopped running their offense midway through the 3rd quarter (otherwise they could have easily scored 90). Also, our second TD was against their 3rd string defense.

It doesn't really matter, but they were still throwing in the 3rd. They didn't pull Mariotta until we put Peterman. But I think "6 scores" is probably a term and not being exact.

We hired coaches who run spread offense so unfortunately this should not come as a surprise. Get used to it.

What an unbelievable crock of sh!t!

Are you telling me CBJ and company dosn't know how to run an I formation?

This was not a 6 score beat down. They stopped running their offense midway through the 3rd quarter (otherwise they could have easily scored 90). Also, our second TD was against their 3rd string defense.

What blowout is ever not like that? Once it gets to 20-25+, it really doesn't matter.

The RBs haven't shown jack.
The OL is better.
Worley most definitely isn't better than Simms.
The DL is a little better.
The LBs are a push.
The DBs are worse.

The part about sum of parts is pure comedy. You have no idea whether Dooley or Kiffin or Fulmer would have lost by 20 or 30 or 40 with this roster ....and when it comes down to it, it doesn't matter.

Agree with everything except the bold. Rather have the 2010 LB's. They actually had football IQ.

There is nothing subjective about 59-14. That's very concrete.

It can most certainly be refuted. Name the adjustment that was made to what Oregon was doing. Name one thing you could say that this team did better than one year ago against the real competition they faced today. Name anything at all that I can latch on to from today that would give me hope that Jones is the right guy.

I would LOVE for him to turn things around. I would LOVE for this to be an aberration. Give me just a single reason to believe that.

He makes some valid points.

Numbers aren't as concrete as you imply. You have a 5.12% LIKE rating and I have a 5.35% rating.

Numbers alone don't tell you anything. Your point is completely subjective, sorry.

WTF? You don't.

Simply wrong on every single count. Walker wasn't a great player and Jackson had to play DT... because UT HAD NO DT's in '10.

Jackson still has done more than McCullers at DT.

I don't know what kind of crock evaluation you are using, but if you think the 2013 back seven is better than the 2010 back seven, you don't know what you are talking about. It's that simple.

Numbers aren't as concrete as you imply. You have a 5.12% LIKE rating and I have a 5.35% rating.

Numbers alone don't tell you anything. Your point is completely subjective, sorry.

Results... are concrete. Make all the excuses you want.

Jones may end up being the next Neyland. Today, he coached very poorly.

Jackson still has done more than McCullers at DT.

I don't know what kind of crock evaluation you are using, but if you think the 2013 back seven is better than the 2010 back seven, you don't know what you are talking about. It's that simple.

didn't say the DB's were better. Nice try at evasion though.

WR's were clearly better in 2010, and that is really helpful with a new QB. IMO the back 7 of the defense was better in 2010. Jackson was huge, and the LB's played better fundamental football, especially when Maggit is out on this team.

There is nothing subjective about 59-14. That's very concrete.

It can most certainly be refuted. Name the adjustment that was made to what Oregon was doing. Name one thing you could say that this team did better than one year ago against the real competition they faced today. Name anything at all that I can latch on to from today that would give me hope that Jones is the right guy.

I would LOVE for him to turn things around. I would LOVE for this to be an aberration. Give me just a single reason to believe that.

Here's one big reason. There have been a lot of high profile coaches, players, and media, saying that Jones and this staff can/are coaching at the highest level. That was never said about Dooley. Why? I think I'll take their word over Mr Monday Morning Quarterback. The talent on the field was night and day in this game. Plus, that big O-line of ours can't run the hurry up offense. They weren't built for it. We have have a QB who CAN NOT run the hurry up and doesn't have the arm strength to pass beyond 15 yards. Our running backs are average to below average. Our receivers are talented but young. Our Defense has no depth. In particular our DL is barely 2-deep and the our 2 best D-lineman didn't play in the game. One was ineligible and the other was too big to handle Oregon's up tempo, no huddle offense (which I actually posted about why this would be the case in a thread earlier in the week).

AJ is overrated and can't guard a pass outside five yards at this point.

But it doesn't really matter.

I'm not that enamored with AJ either, but it's better than having a 5'9" guy running around back there.

Tennessee gave up 24.7 ppg and 382 ypg in 2010.

Tennessee gave up 35.7 ppg and 471 ypg in 2012.

And Jones is supposed to make up 11 points and 100 yards per game in one year? Seriously?

Honestly, I have never seen you in denial of reality. I've disagreed with you... but nothing like this kind of blindness. If we were talking about a game effort in a 20 point loss then I could see and agree with the defenses you guys are throwing up.

This was pathetic.

Maybe so, but it's no real indication of the future. Do you have battered wife syndrome? I'd hate to ask that question, but you're using the first year results to indicate the talent of the coach. Most people know that the first year is a complete crap shoot, because it takes awhile to implement a system. Muschamp and Saban were 7-6 with a better roster.

I heard from another poster on here that Ainge said that Butch could keep the offense vanilla to keep hiding it from Florida. I can't explain the bad loss to you.

VN Store

Back