BUTCH JONES said: This is unacceptable when you play football at the University of TN

Jones and staff laid an egg. Poor coaching. Poor execution.

I'll "believe" when he gives me reason. This was a HUGE step in the wrong direction. "Excitement" and cliches are all fine and dandy.... but I'd much rather have exceptional coaching. Today wasn't even average coaching.

Agree to disagree. We were overmatched. No coach could have fixed the talent gap. They were number 2 in the country for a reason. I would say that today was more about poor execution and talent gap. I under the frustration though. I am frustrated too.

Here's one big reason. There have been a lot of high profile coaches, players, and media, saying that Jones and this staff can/are coaching at the highest level. That was never said about Dooley.
Yes it was. You may not remember but many talking heads had nice things to say about Dooley.

Why? I think I'll take their word over Mr Monday Morning Quarterback. The talent on the field was night and day in this game. Plus, that big O-line of ours can't run the hurry up offense. They weren't built for it. We have have a QB who CAN NOT run the hurry up and doesn't have the arm strength to pass beyond 15 yards. Our running backs are average to below average. Our receivers are talented but young. Our Defense has no depth. In particular our DL is barely 2-deep and the our 2 best D-lineman didn't play in the game. One was ineligible and the other was too big to handle Oregon's up tempo, no huddle offense (which I actually posted about why this would be the case in a thread earlier in the week).

Keep making excuses... or just accept the reality that this was a poor coaching job today.

I hope he can recover and get it together. But Oregon's O had no more trouble with UT than it did Nicholl's or UVA. UT has more talent than either. In fact, UVA did better against them than UT did.

Reactions: 1 person
I knew we were outnumbered but I was VERY disappointed in the offensive gameplan and coaching miscues. I thought we were past all that....

What an unbelievable crock of sh!t!

Are you telling me CBJ and company dosn't know how to run an I formation?

If they do they did not show it today. Since they had the whole summer to figure out this game plan and this is what they came up with it's a legit question.

If they do they did not show it today. Since they had the whole summer to figure out this game plan and this is what they came up with it's a legit question.

No gameplan is gonna work when your QB sucks.

Reactions: 4 people
Tennessee gave up 24.7 ppg and 382 ypg in 2010.

Tennessee gave up 35.7 ppg and 471 ypg in 2012.

And Jones is supposed to make up 11 points and 100 yards per game in one year? Seriously?

Conveniently parsing the facts there.... like leaving out '11- 22.6 ppg, 340 ypg. Oh, and that many of the guys playing/starting now played or started as underclassmen in '10 and '11.

Comparing to last year is truly illegitimate.

Conveniently parsing the facts there.... like leaving out '11- 22.6 ppg, 340 ypg. Oh, and that many of the guys playing/starting now played or started as underclassmen in '10 and '11.

Yes, time for you to attack the coaches since you see this team will not meet the numbers you have predicted. You have continued to ignore the fact this team has no QB.

What specifically should he have done? You can't spend all night writing up plays and a game plan I know, but what would you have done exactly?

Wasting your time Vollygirl. These types only respond with whatever we didn't do.

So are you the one gonna start the "fire butch" thread???

Yes, time for you to attack the coaches since you see this team will not meet the numbers you have predicted. You have continued to ignore the fact this team has no QB.

This team has 4 QB's. Jones chose Worley... not me.
You accusing someone of "attacking" for daring to say the emperor has no clothes? Wow.

You've "attacked" for far less than we saw today.

Both RB's are better than Poole. The OL is far better. Worley SHOULD be better than Simms. The DL is better by a wide margin than '10 and so are the LB's. DB is a push.

If these absolute statements were true, which they are not, then why isn't this years squad getting it done? The answer is quite simple-because they aren't better. When have they done anything to prove the contrary? Additionally, trying to make inference between this years squad and the 2010 squad before the season has even been played out is just asinine.

Oh, another great scapegoat. Anything rather than admit that the coaching was poor... but why?

You think everyone is defending the coach. Really they're just calling you out for building a premature narrative.

Reactions: 4 people
This team has 4 QB's. Jones chose Worley... not me.
You accusing someone of "attacking" for daring to say the emperor has no clothes? Wow.

You've "attacked" for far less than we saw today.

They could have 10, does not matter when zero are SEC ready.

Go write some more pages of analysis where you ignore the QB factor.

Oh, another great scapegoat. Anything rather than admit that the coaching was poor... but why?

If you would actually read our posts and get off your damn high horse, you would see I said Jones had a poor game.

So are you the one gonna start the "fire butch" thread???

Nope. I probably never will but certainly not before year 3.

Even if you thought he deserved it... it isn't realistic to think it would happen and it is counterproductive to do it.

I really and truly hope that Jones is better than what he showed today. But I am not blind to what he did today.

VN Store

Back