Can McCarthy survive as Speaker?

The McHenry solution is a good one if it works. A small group of Rs blew up the power structure without a plan to replace it. Better for them to take their time and hash it out than knee-jerk someone in.

Reactions: whodeycin85

One of these Republican's finds humor in all of this.

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F60bc5cff-507b-4a37-8cf9-c133d0ab1c95_915x624.jpeg

The McHenry solution is a good one if it works. A small group of Rs blew up the power structure without a plan to replace it. Better for them to take their time and hash it out than knee-jerk someone in.

Ah yes, the old - "let's kick this can down the road" method of governance.

How many days left until the U.S. defaults?

Hard to believe that the GOP would fumble a house majority by letting the MAGA wing toss a grenade into their own caucus and close the door.

Cookie policy • AwA • Acinonyx Web Agency

Ah yes, the old - "let's kick this can down the road" method of governance.

How many days left until the U.S. defaults?

Hard to believe that the GOP would fumble a house majority by letting the MAGA wing toss a grenade into their own caucus and close the door.

Cookie policy • AwA • Acinonyx Web Agency

this is a can that can be kicked

Reactions: InVOLuntary

Can House Republican Farce sink any LOWER? Matt Gaetz almost gets into a FIGHT with his colleague, plan for a temporary speaker are scrapped and Jim Jordan is told to drop out​

House Republicans almost came to blows in an hours-long all-conference meeting on Thursday, with Jim Jordan's bid for speaker hanging on by a thread.

Rep. Matt Gaetz, R-Fla., and Rep. Mike Bost, R-Ill., got into a near-physical altercation as emotions reached a tipping point during the three-hour meeting.

Bost was allegedly blaming Gaetz for ousting Speaker Kevin McCarthy over two weeks ago and plunging the House into disarray and cursing him out. Gaetz said Bost later apologized for getting emotional.

Gaetz described the meeting 'like a Thanksgiving dinner' with Bost being the drunk uncle.

At one point, Gaetz stepped up to the microphone to speak to his colleagues and McCarthy told him to 'sit down.'

'I told him to sit down and he sat down,' McCarthy told reporters. 'I think the entire conference screamed at him.'

'The whole country I think would scream at Matt Gaetz right now.'

Has anyone polled the GOP voters to see whom they would like???? Arent we a representative democracy meaning our representatives should vote like we want correct?

McCarthy may well end up back in the chair on this. If they can figure out a way for Gaetz to somehow save face and vote for him. Maybe a "I made my point" kind of a thing.

Has anyone polled the GOP voters to see whom they would like???? Arent we a representative democracy meaning our representatives should vote like we want correct?

No, they should vote for what's best for their districts and sometimes what's best isn't what we want.

Nancy continues to publicly attack the manhood of her own colleagues. I guess she's safe in this train wreck with her personal airbags.

VN Store

Back