Can McCarthy survive as Speaker?

It's very fitting that Jordan is being humiliated in the House Chamber of the Capitol Building. Jordan endorsed and promoted the plan that Pence should not certify the results of the 2020 election in the exact same spot. It's always great to see an Insurrectionist get their comeuppance in such a public manner.

Last edited:
I'm probably the only one but I'd rather a political party hash it out and find it's own common ground than to not deal with internal division and just force consensus.

The GOP is doing none of that. They can't even agree to let the temporary guy decide to go to the bathroom.

I'm still thinking McCarthy could end up back in the job, with the crazy eights stripped of all power.

Speaking outside the Capitol building following a failed third vote to elect Jim Jordan as House Speaker, a group of eight GOP House Representatives led by Matt Gaetz said that they are willing to accept censorship or other actions against them to get Jordan as House Speaker.

"We are willing to accept censure, sanction, suspension, removal from the Republican conference, we of course will remain Republicans, we will continue to vote with Republicans on Republican principals but if what these holdouts need are a pound of our flesh, we're willing to give it to them to see Jordan as Speaker," Gaetz said.

Speaking outside the Capitol building following a failed third vote to elect Jim Jordan as House Speaker, a group of eight GOP House Representatives led by Matt Gaetz said that they are willing to accept censorship or other actions against them to get Jordan as House Speaker.

"We are willing to accept censure, sanction, suspension, removal from the Republican conference, we of course will remain Republicans, we will continue to vote with Republicans on Republican principals but if what these holdouts need are a pound of our flesh, we're willing to give it to them to see Jordan as Speaker," Gaetz said.

So they kick out McCarthy and offer to be punished if their guy gets the seat.

How gallant of them.

That's a shame.

These embarrassments can’t happen to a nicer guy. Jim Jordan is the poster boy for useless politicians. Hasn’t passed a single bill in his tenure in Congress. Pathetic excuse for a representative. As with many politicians, it really makes me wonder about the intelligence and morals of the people who elect them.

Reactions: tvolsfan
Supposedly the main reason he’s not getting the votes is that he isn’t making some of the backroom deals that McCarthy did. It just shows how dirty both sides are and none of them really care about the country.
If true all the moo or reason for the voters to pressure thier representatives

These embarrassments can’t happen to a nicer guy. Jim Jordan is the poster boy for useless politicians. Hasn’t passed a single bill in his tenure in Congress. Pathetic excuse for a representative. As with many politicians, it really makes me wonder about the intelligence and morals of the people who elect them.

LOL Jordan sponsore exactly the same amount of bills that passed as Hillary did during her time in the Senate which is 1 more than Obama, yet I'd bet you voted for both of them more than once.

LOL Jordan sponsore exactly the same amount of bills that passed as Hillary did during her time in the Senate which is 1 more than Obama, yet I'd bet you voted for both of them more than once.
Sorry, you would lose your bet. Didn’t vote for any of them. Voted mostly Republican in all my 44 years of voting eligibility right up till 2016. Didn’t pull the lever then for President and haven’t since then. And if Trump and Biden are the choices again next year, I’ll be sitting that one out too. When moderates and compromise got lost in the shuffle, that’s when I lost interest.

And the last I checked, Hillary and Obama are on the sidelines now and not relevant. Jordan is right in the middle of this joke of a Congress and deserves every bit of the 💩 sandwich he’s getting.

Supposedly the main reason he’s not getting the votes is that he isn’t making some of the backroom deals that McCarthy did. It just shows how dirty both sides are and none of them really care about the country.

I heard it was because he's an a**hole and no one really likes him anyway.

Reactions: tvolsfan

Supposedly it's because he's a dick to everyone and very unpopular.

Reactions: turbovol
Supposedly it's because he's a dick to everyone and very unpopular.

Probably because he allowed four wrestlers at Penn State to get sexually abused and tried to talk them out of coming forward.

VN Store

Back