Can McCarthy survive as Speaker?

Every single Democrat in the House of Representatives voted in favor of Rep. Kevin McCarthy's ouster as Speaker of the House, while only 8 Republicans followed suit .... and yet the right-wing echo chamber on the politics forum of VolNation is trying to spin this as being a positive development for the Republican Party. Some of you really do live in your own little world.

This is where having such a poor showing in the 2022 mid-term elections has bitten House Republicans. They are now at the mercy of a small, extremist faction of their party. How many rounds of voting will it take to elect the next Speaker? Who will even want the job after this? LOL.

Reactions: Septic
How many R's would the democrats need to get Jefferies speaker? Is it only 6 needed to abstain or vote for Jefferies?

All Republicans had to do, to avoid this "chaotic" and "embarrassing" outcome, was take up 12 appropriation bills over the last 9 months.

So, why didnt they?

Why didn’t your boy want to do this when Trump was in office? Surely you’re not this naive. It’s a virtue signal.

I am talking about passing 12 appropriation bills that contain funding for the govt as a whole. Different Republicans have different talking points as to where they want to cut but most are too scared to actually put their name on actual cuts. That is my point.

There are those who stand up and say it's social security, Medicare, and defense. That's where the cuts have to be made ......

Oh, wait. None of them have the political will to say that.

Instead of talking about the TRILLIONS those three represent, they target some unpopular minor Medicaid issue, or the like, that if cut entirely would be 1/100,00th of a real solution.

There are those who stand up and say it's social security, Medicare, and defense. That's where the cuts have to be made ......

Instead of talking about the TRILLIONS those three represent, they target some unpopular minor Medicaid issue, or the like, that if cut entirely would be 1/100,00th of a real solution.
I agree those three areas are absolutely what need to be addressed. Can I assume this means you wouldn't claim a GOP rep was trying to kill granny if they proposed cuts to two of the three? My guess is I could find you screeching about any GOP rep proposing cuts to either of these. Hope I'm wrong

Reactions: whodeycin85
I agree those three areas are absolutely what need to be addressed. Can I assume this means you wouldn't claim a GOP rep was trying to kill granny if they proposed cuts to two of the three? My guess is I could find you screeching about any GOP rep proposing cuts to either of these. Hope I'm wrong

No, I think reality is they all have to be reformed. The earlier we come to grips with that the better.

I am for means testing at the highest income levels and for continued payroll taxation past retirement based on withdrawals but only at the very highest levels.

The math will be tough and oxes will be gored. But that's true regardless.

Reactions: volfanhill
No, I think reality is they all have to be reformed. The earlier we come to grips with that the better.

I am for means testing at the highest income levels and for continued payroll taxation past retirement based on withdrawals but only at the very highest levels.

The math will be tough and oxes will be gored. But that's true regardless.
I give you tons of shat. I appreciate your response.

Why didn’t your boy want to do this when Trump was in office? Surely you’re not this naive. It’s a virtue signal.

Valid question. They should have pushed this during Trump's first 2 years, but Trump was too busy cozying up to Paul Ryan and Paul Ryan wasn't all the worried about curbing spending.

Now, answer my question.

Reactions: whodeycin85
No way, the GOP is RACIST!

You think that because the party shoves a black person in front of the TV cameras once in a while that there aren't a ton of racists in the Republican Party? Please. It's just another way that the GOP cons the goobers.

Defense needs huge cuts but they have powerful lobbyists within the GOP.

Defense needs huge cuts but they have powerful lobbyists within the GOP.

In fairness they have powerful lobbyists in both parties and they have massive influence.

Reality is there probably has to be a reckoning over waste and then a lot of Congress people are going to have to go home and explain to their locals why programs in their districts are taking the hit.

VN Store

Back