China After Covid 19?

Canceling the debt that China bought would not be a good look and likely raises borrowing costs for the US and any others in a coalition to intentionally "default". They can put pressure on China to cancel a lot of it voluntarily, but they aren't going to suddenly become honest and accountable to the world.

Countries and companies aren't going to unite and pull out of China. They will lose too much money.

If the US wants to crush China all they have to do is to stop protecting shipping in and out of their territorial waters. But sitting back while China's oil tankers are sunk in the Indian Ocean does far more damage than just impair China's manufacturing.

China will soon be back to business as usual and working on dominating the world. They don't have leaders handing out favors in order to get re-elected every 2, 4, and 6 years. They can sit back and wait while our politicians and voters fight each other instead of pulling in the same direction.
You are speaking my language now. Lets pull out of Asia and the Middle east.

My only question to you would be who would threaten Chinese shipping lanes in the region if the US pulled out?

Reactions: VolStrom

My only question to you would be who would threaten Chinese shipping lanes in the region if the US pulled out?

Without the US keeping commerce safe, who knows? 75-80 years ago there were many supply ships being sunk in the north Atlantic. There are a lot of shoulder mounted rockets in the hands of rogue players.

China's bigger issues could be outside of their region. They export to the world and are dependant on inputs from beyond their region.

If the Chinese economy collapses who is to say the CCP Navy won’t be the pirates Ras? 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: newarkvol
Without the US keeping commerce safe, who knows? 75-80 years ago there were many supply ships being sunk in the north Atlantic. There are a lot of shoulder mounted rockets in the hands of rogue players.

China's bigger issues could be outside of their region. They export to the world and are dependant on inputs from beyond their region.
And if the Chinese want a big bad blue water navy then let them protect their own shipping interests around the world. US Navy sees pirates attacking a merchantman in the Indian Ocean? Ship is Chinese flagged or China bound/originating? F em tell them to call China 911

And if the Chinese want a big bad blue water navy then let them protect their own shipping interests around the world. US Navy sees pirates attacking a merchantman in the Indian Ocean? Ship is Chinese flagged or China bound/originating? F em tell them to call China 911
We know ships aren't importing anything to China from us so let em sink.

Let them pay for their own naval security. That isn't our concern. Same goes for the Gulf States.

But I think dep down, you and I both know that the US Navy isn't just being used for the peaceful flow of merchandise. It is also used as a weapon to control those that they sanction or have disagreements with. For example, Iran and Venezuela...

Let them pay for their own naval security. That isn't our concern. Same goes for the Gulf States.

But I think dep down, you and I both know that the US Navy isn't just being used for the peaceful flow of merchandise. It is also used as a weapon to control those that they sanction or have disagreements with. For example, Iran and Venezuela...

I don't think that that is deep down. Protecting the USA and it's interests is what our military does. Even if nobody is shooting at us the navy patrols the world. If a country is so much of a threat for any reason and we put in various sanctions, then the Navy will be on hand to ensure that our sanctions are not hindered. We can still use diplomacy to punish rogue nations. If anybody lobs a missle at us, then we are on them like white on rice. When China trades with Iran and Venezuela, we are able to stop it. But we aren't.

Like ND40 says, if things really deteriorate we can sit back and watch China's shipments get sunk. We don't need to pull out of anywhere though as long as "Death to America" is being chanted from the sessions of any foreign legislation.

China just killed millions of people. Most of the world should be on board to punish them. If there are no sellouts, the CCP should get crushed soon without dropping a single bomb on them.

We still have strong allies in the ME and Asia. We need to make sure that places like South Korea and Japan and Australia continue to prosper. In the ME we still have, and will probably always have, our own financial interests in place that require protection. We should probably get our boots on the ground out of the areas in and around the ME, but we still need to keep an eye on the entire area and punch some in the mouth with unmanned assets or other high tech weaponry as needed. We can't become complete isolationists.

Reactions: volfanhill
China won't be punished, they own the US, and if the Dems win the election they will own us even more. Biden cant wait to bend over and give China even more control.

Bring back manufacturing, impose strict tariffs, quit protecting them. Get them the F out of American Politics
Exactly tax them like they tax our goods, and our manufacturing infrastructure sucks. I work for a large supplier of goods for the manufacturing industry. A customer ours is currently fabricating components for an American refinery and they want American made everything. Problem is we can't provide many of the things required to manufacture these components because literally no one in America makes them. We are talking nuts and bolts and no one here makes them because they are too large.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards

VN Store

Back