Chris Hatcher

Well, I don't know about the Pats, but I'd bet them to beat GA Southern.

The only thing the Memphis Maniax could potentially win against a real football team would be that ridiculous pregame scramble for the football to determine first possession.

The only thing the Memphis Maniax could potentially win against a real football team would be that ridiculous pregame scramble for the football to determine first possession.

You knew the XFL was in trouble when 2 guys got injured on opening night diving for the football before the game.

And Alvin Harper would probably get it, right? Of course, GA Southern has lots of Alvin Harpers.

While you guys are busy trashing the XFL and promoting the talent of GA Southern and how recruits would love some guy who was a HC there so much better, why don't you take a stab at all the NFL teams for whom KB has coached?

New York Jets (RB Coach)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers (RB Coach)
Miami Dolphins (RB Coach, OC) Jimmy Johnson hired him for this one.
Green Bay Packers (RB Coach)
Houston Texans (WR Coach)
Detroit Lions (WR Coach)

I know these teams are nothing compared to either GA Southern or Valdosta State in your eyes, but they speak for themselves in the rest of the world of football.

Why would you come back to college when you would be able to qualify for the NFL retirement system in 5 years?

The guy spent years as a position coach. He got one year as a coordinator and was immediately returned to position coaching. I think there might be a reason for that.

Looking around, the Dolphins had the 27th ranked offense in the league that year.

How do I put this...

I would be pleased with Kippy. We could do much worse, but in the end his career takes the look of a journeyman. His experience adds value to his resume, but his resume is full of lateral moves at best.

I think a young guy with a resume' like Hatcher's makes more sense simply because he is on the way up, and he is very hungry to succeed. Say what you will about Ga Southern. In two years Hatcher will be a head coach in D I football, and the program that pays for his services will not be disappointed.

The guy spent years as a position coach. He got one year as a coordinator and was immediately returned to position coaching. I think there might be a reason for that.

This board is losing credibility fast.

All this support for some coach who can't beat either Elon or UTC... that's just silly. :whatever:

All this support for some coach who can't beat either Elon or UTC... that's just silly. :whatever:

Calling Chris Hatcher "some coach" doesn't do wonders for your credibility.

I don't see why a coach that hasn't managed to move up after being in the NFL for over 15 years is so much more impressive. He had one season as a coordinator. His offense was one of the worst in the NFL and he was put back in his place, where he has remained since. I'm not trying to bash on Kippy Brown, but looking at his resume, you can't clearly say he is superior to Hatcher.

I don't see why a coach that hasn't managed to move up after being in the NFL for over 15 years is so much more impressive. He had one season as a coordinator. His offense was one of the worst in the NFL and he was put back in his place, where he has remained since. I'm not trying to bash on Kippy Brown, but looking at his resume, you can't clearly say he is superior to Hatcher.

People get extra credit if they are obsessive with conformity, and don't get too innovative.

keep doubting Hatcher all you want, the tone will change in a few years, Hatcher will become Georgia Southern's Second Greatest Coach (Behind the late Great Erk Russell)

According to Jim Donnan our three guys are:

Guz Malzahn
Greg Adkins
Trooper Taylor

I personally think Donnan is an idiot, but that's what he says.

Guz Malzahn
Greg Adkins
Trooper Taylor

Do you think Donnan is talking to MH, Fulmer or Donors with that information or do you think he might be speculating.....He has no inside info but thinks he does and he is the idiot you think he is.... Fulmer cannot go internal with this because it would be making the same mistake twice.... He needs to let go or go of his old roots and actions to do what is best for the program...

If you believe what Phil says he won't be promoting from within. Marrone and K Brown sound like the most likely possibilities - because they are Tennessee guys a few years removed. It can be spun as "going outside" but its still in Fulmer's comfort zone.

Guz Malzahn
Greg Adkins
Trooper Taylor

I lot of Arkansas guys like Malzahn. The fans I know were not against him being named the HC at Arkansas after Nutt left. He has a wide open spread offense and thinks outside of the box.

I lot of Arkansas guys like Malzahn. The fans I know were not against him being named the HC at Arkansas after Nutt left. He has a wide open spread offense and thinks outside of the box.
While I like what GM did scheme wise as a high school coach he has no business being an upper level SEC OC at this point in his career. The guy has a whopping 2 years of college coaching experience. The Arky fans that wanted him as HC were as delusional as the UT fans who want Manning or Wilson as UT's next head coach.

VN Store

Back