Votes: 22 15.8%
  • Had Covid diagnosis and am also vaxxed

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • No covid diagnosis, am vaxxed

Votes: 68 48.9%
  • No covid diagnosis, not vaxxed

Votes: 39 28.1%

• Total voters
If it turned out that the vaccine made you only 70 percent less likely to get the virus, but that odds of dying went down by 95 percent, why wouldn't you want the vaccine?
Break it down by age and risk factors to get your answer

If it turned out that the vaccine made you only 70 percent less likely to get the virus, but that odds of dying went down by 95 percent, why wouldn't you want the vaccine?
In the beginning. I would have...then the government politicized the crap out of while choosing not to vax those most susceptible...this is a vax yet they are forcing after misleading everyone....the way deaths are recorded, now most articles call is the covid pneumonia....which is subtle...I have gotten the flu vax before...i was sick Dec 2019. "Unknown virus" down for about a week with flu like sysmptom..whole family had it..even GF with asthma and Copd...went whole lockdown without masking..made sure i washed hands and used sanitizer...same i would with flu...then they pushed vax like it was the savior and it has completely turned me off...if the vax was effective as they say it would stand on it own...amd not need constant enenforcement...not to mention the flip floping of CDC and the experts...sensoring of Dr. That have treated covid from the start and cured them...
It all just to sketchy for me.....i real worry is that in a couple years we start seeing the longer term effects of thr vax....and it'll be under the guise of a dormant gene in the vax leading to deaths
Sorry long answer but wanted to explain

According to the cdc the ratio of infected is not out of proportion and is much lower

View attachment 384285

This is "likely" chart. Not a huge fan of those.

I also trust the CDC very little.

As Ras pointed out, I already pretty much know the risk of Covid. I don't know the long term risk of the vaccine yet.

I have had Covid and beat it in 5 days. I have decided the potential long term risk of the vaccine are not worth it for a virus I knocked in 5 days.

I am mid 40's, hover around 10 to 12 percent body fat, do 40 minutes of cardio a day, and eat very healthy with very little processed foods.

I will take my chances.

I am a risk vs reward person and the risk of the virus is not high for me in my demographic.

Last edited:
Just had an email from a rep I was suppose to meet with this WED.

He has to cancel due to having Covid. Has no smell or taste.

He is quite upset as he has been fully vaccinated since May.

Just had an email from a rep I was suppose to meet with this WED.

He has to cancel due to having Covid. Has no smell or taste.

He is quite upset as he has been fully vaccinated since May.
You're going to hear more and more of this in the coming days. Vaccine protection vs this variant is not looking good at all.

These numbers are not going to hold up, and probably not even be close.

You're going to hear more and more of this in the coming days. Vaccine protection vs this variant is not looking good at all.

I believe this is why they are pushing mask.

In your opinion, is this virus mutating too fast and what is the end game?

Obviously were are only dealing with the D version so far and got plenty more call signs to go.

Obviously were are only dealing with the D version so far and got plenty more call signs to go.
One very good possibility is that vaccinating with a single target (which is what the current mRNA technology does) allows viruses to quickly escape the protection through their rapid mutation rate. We wouldn't know, as there has never been a mass mRNA vaccine campaign before.

Hoping that natural immunity holds up, we may simply have to tough through it until enough people have contracted, survived, and become immune. That's a tough pill for many to swallow.

Other options: explore different vaccine technology, focus on better therapeutics, or continually alter the mRNA in the existing vaccines to match mutated strains.

I'm at a cross roads

I'm 57,male, no real heath issues except very slight asthma.
I work in a job that was never shut down and I have been at the warehouse every scheudled work day. I basically have not changed anything.
The warehouse is large, 850,000sqft, have my own office
I stay outside a lot between yard work, pool, shooting and golf.
I am O negative
I take vitamins including D and Zinc
I have been on two golf trips over the last year, Myrtle Beach and Daytona Beach, both by plane from Chattanooga. Went to pack pub for diners in Myrtle Beach with no one masked
I do not have a large group of friends that get together in large number inside, like bars
I probably want go to many more concerts
I'm not going to any packed sporting events
I do not ride in cars with anyone but my immediate family which is small
I took antibody test - negative
my mother is 77 and has been vaccinated
my wife is vaccinated - works at Erlanger
I get a flu shot
I got the Shingles vax (both doses knocked me down with covid like symptoms for a day)

Should I get vaccinated?

I was thinking the other day..what are the odds that masking and lockdown has caused our immune system to become more susceptible to virus and illness...??? Its prove that masks can serve as petri dish if used properly...and lockdown not many people left the house..meaning breathing in same air is not good..at all....maybe thats why delta is so much more contagious here

I was thinking the other day..what are the odds that masking and lockdown has caused our immune system to become more susceptible to virus and illness...??? Its prove that masks can serve as petri dish if used properly...and lockdown not many people left the house..meaning breathing in same air is not good..at all....maybe thats why delta is so much more contagious here

You are Bengals fan, correct?

Thank God they are finally fixing that bridge.

I literally pray every time I drive over it on the way to Columbus.

Thanks Jack

Reactions: whodeycin85
You are Bengals fan, correct?

Thank God they are finally fixing that bridge.

I literally pray every time I drive over it on the way to Columbus.
Hell yeah....it definitely makes you nervous driving over. Lol

Reactions: NEO
Last Friday we had 1100 people hospitalized in tennessee for covid and among those 96% are unvaccinated. This is from the Tennessee department of health covid homepage and from the state health commissioner. Where are you getting that vaccine protection is not looking good? Are they misleading us? Just wondering where you are getting this information.

Reactions: AM64
According to the cdc the ratio of infected is not out of proportion and is much lower

View attachment 384285
You're an engineer. Whenever you saw these odds as 24/25 times, did it ever cross your mind to ask what the original odds were for the vaccinated? Are we talking about 1 in 1 million now becoming 24 or 25 in 1 million? 25 out of 100,000?

You gotta look at these statistics with a more cynical eye.

I'm at a cross roads

I work in a job that was never shut down and I have been at the warehouse every scheudled work day. I basically have not changed anything.
I am O negative
I have been on two golf trips over the last year, Myrtle Beach and Daytona Beach, both by plane from Chattanooga. Went to pack pub for diners in Myrtle Beach with no one masked
I do not have a large group of friends that get together in large number inside, like bars
I get a flu shot
I got the Shingles vax (both doses knocked me down with covid like symptoms for a day)

Should I get vaccinated?
My daughter has moderate asthma, not mild like you. Her doctor said because of that she is more at risk to be hospitalized if she got Covid. But she is only 31, so other than that she isn’t super high risk.

I'm at a cross roads

I am O negative
I get a flu shot

Should I get vaccinated?
Yes. I have it now and it’s no fun. Was partially vaxed, so can only imagine how much worse it could have been.

Reactions: AM64
I'm at a cross roads

I am O negative
I get a flu shot

Should I get vaccinated?
Absolutely you should. You are not isolated therefore you can get it and pass it on. This epidemic is killing and disabling a significant number of people and disrupting our normal every day lives. You can be part of the problem or potentially part of the solution.

Reactions: Septic
Absolutely you should. You are not isolated therefore you can get it and pass it on. This epidemic is killing and disabling a significant number of people and disrupting our normal every day lives. You can be part of the problem or potentially part of the solution.

Like Biden sending unvaxxed illegals thru the land, or the 50% of blacks that are unvaxxed.

What’s the difference between a 99.997% chance of survival (unvaccinated for my age group) and a 99.999% chance (what the CDC tells me if I get the vaccine)? A smaller % than the chances of a breakthrough case with the vaccine.

VN Store

Back