Culinary, Arts, Thread.

I was going to bed, but my wife drove separate to church. She stopped at the little flea market down from our house because they sale fresh produce. They got their first tomatoes in yesterday, and I'm having my first mater sammich before I sleep!

Reactions: Souce
My grandmother always boiled with onions, drained and squashed with a potato masher. Then simmered down in cast iron with bacon grease and caramelized onions. She called it fried squash. Still the only way I make it

Fried squash, anybody got any unique or different methods.
Errybody forgets about beer batter. It's the most excellent of frying methods.

And Souce's lightly dusted with cornmeal is a Favorite of mine too.

Use some type of breadcrumbs and mix in some Parmesan and or herbs and spices.

Kick it up a notch and use some squash or zucchini blossoms. Stuff them with Gruyere or goat cheese, or not, and fry them up with your other squash. That's cool and different.

Make a sauce, not Souce, to dip them in, horseradish sauce is most common, but a marinara works well too, especially with the breadcrumbs and Parmesan.

You can also cut the squash differently, Long planks, like French fries, use a melon ballet and make little balls, squares etc. it doesn't make it taste any different, but it does.

Its customary to try some or all of this and keep the results and opinions, good OR bad, to yourself.

Errybody forgets about beer batter. It's the most excellent of frying methods.

And Souce's lightly dusted with cornmeal is a Favorite of mine too.

Use some type of breadcrumbs and mix in some Parmesan and or herbs and spices.

Kick it up a notch and use some squash or zucchini blossoms. Stuff them with Gruyere or goat cheese, or not, and fry them up with your other squash. That's cool and different.

Make a sauce, not Souce, to dip them in, horseradish sauce is most common, but a marinara works well too, especially with the breadcrumbs and Parmesan.

You can also cut the squash differently, Long planks, like French fries, use a melon ballet and make little balls, squares etc. it doesn't make it taste any different, but it does.

Its customary to try some or all of this and keep the results and opinions, good OR bad, to yourself.
Love my crappie beer battered.

I've never been a huge fan of beer batter. Seems like the flavor always overwhelms the flavor of the food. Just my opinion tho...lots of people love it.

Someone call me an idiot for not liking beer battered fried foods!

VN Store

Back