Culinary, Arts, Thread.

Fried squash, anybody got any unique or different methods.
You mean, other than fried? I make yellow squash and zucchini boats (zoo-canoes!) Hollowed-out and stuffed with Italian sausage, sun-dried tomatoes, onions or shallots, diced red peppers, bread crumbs, chopped up squash (the hollowed-out part). Run them under the broiler or cook in the oven. Meal in one.

Once, I laid out medium shrimp (peel, clean, slit halfway down one side, shape flat for stuffing, curl tail - Behr can explain it better), stuffed them with goat cheese impregnated with minced chives, onions & peppers, dusted them with seasoned bread crumbs, nestled then in a buttered iron skillet, and baked 'me in a charcoal Weber kettle.

Reactions: VolNExile
Never been to a restaurant that offers beer battered anything.

If it's done right it's a pain in the ass and hard to make money on it. If it's not done right it's a good money maker because of aesthetics and it tastes okay.

**Don't tell me presentation is not most important.

It needs to be made with can beer because of better Co2 content and the type of beer actually matters because of the type of hops and yeast used. The best all around is PBR. Because of the type of yeast, it's easy to find in cans and it's chea.. I mean inexpensive. Sorry H.

Also very important is (cold to hot) ...it has to be as cold as possible when it hits the grease and the grease has to be at least 350, that's very important. If you put several peices in it cools the grease down to much and it will fall apart and be soggy. A mess.

It's easy to do at home.

Mexican style grilled corn

Husk corn. Coat with oil, salt, chili powder. Grill. Tips corn in a mixture of Pecorino Romano, mayo, sour cream, cilantro, lime juice, garlic, chili powder, pepper, and optional cayenne.
WTF! Mayo love doesn't need to be censored!!

Mexican style grilled corn

Husk corn. Coat with oil, salt, chili powder. Grill. Tips corn in a mixture of Pecorino Romano, mayo, sour cream, cilantro, lime juice, garlic, chili powder, pepper, and optional cayenne.

OMG!! He said Mayo, yuck, nasty, vomit and lick it up gross.... But I love it on a mater sammich and in potato salad.

You mean, other than fried? I make yellow squash and zucchini boats (zoo-canoes!) Hollowed-out and stuffed with Italian sausage, sun-dried tomatoes, onions or shallots, diced red peppers, bread crumbs, chopped up squash (the hollowed-out part). Run them under the broiler or cook in the oven. Meal in one.

Any way you like, I just know what I grew up calling fried squash prolly ain't what most think of when asked.

Reactions: Souce
source.gif

VN Store

Back