Culinary, Arts, Thread.

lol, I am definitely planning to! 1559085464763.gif

There’s a lot I enjoy about Memphis, but spending most of two months there, away from home, definitely caught me by surprise. This is after Hubs spent nearly two months in Denver on the floor on an Aerobed in his (demented) mom’s apartment as his sister was on hospice, trying to explain to his mom why Debbie couldn’t be with her any more.

Hubs and I swear to one another every day that we will NOT do this to our kids. We figure that we have another ten years living in our neighborhood, traveling, etc., and then we go into the Givens CCRC (Continuing Care Retirement Community) and go on autopilot, and let them take care of us as we slide into decrepitude. Which will happen, if the Big One doesn’t get us first. It’s easy to think that we can take care of elderly parents, but physical (paralyzed from hips down) and mental (Alzheimer’s dementia) issues throw a spanner into the works.

We love our moms, but it’s really astonishing how selfish the elderly can be. Refusing to move, refusing to give up the he car keys, etc. Fortunately, my mom did set up the financial stuff many years ago.

— the IRS wants a check for $24k because she forgot to report her cost basis on some municipal bonds in 2017. lol, sort of

lol, I am definitely planning to! View attachment 207149

There’s a lot I enjoy about Memphis, but spending most of two months there, away from home, definitely caught me by surprise. This is after Hubs spent nearly two months in Denver on the floor on an Aerobed in his (demented) mom’s apartment as his sister was on hospice, trying to explain to his mom why Debbie couldn’t be with her any more.

Hubs and I swear to one another every day that we will NOT do this to our kids. We figure that we have another ten years living in our neighborhood, traveling, etc., and then we go into the Givens CCRC (Continuing Care Retirement Community) and go on autopilot, and let them take care of us as we slide into decrepitude. Which will happen, if the Big One doesn’t get us first. It’s easy to think that we can take care of elderly parents, but physical (paralyzed from hips down) and mental (Alzheimer’s dementia) issues throw a spanner into the works.

We love our moms, but it’s really astonishing how selfish the elderly can be. Refusing to move, refusing to give up the he car keys, etc. Fortunately, my mom did set up the financial stuff many years ago.

— the IRS wants a check for $24k because she forgot to report her cost basis on some municipal bonds in 2017. lol, sort of

I sincerely hope that when you get situated back at home, crazy but sometimes that’s an adjustment also, you can plan a vacation in the future for just you two, and don’t feel guilty about it, it helps with the burnout, helplessness and being overwhelmed.

You got that right! He has that “it” factor. All day long. I also like VolNExile’s nice selection. Am I the only one that thinks Sean Connery gets better with age?
I’ll allow it!

And guys with brains and character ALWAYS get better with age! Hubs is 69 and gets better every day.

I loved “Robin and Marian” with Audrey Hepburn:

1559088331754.jpeg

VN Store

Back