Culinary, Arts, Thread.

Was it Pollyanna that she starred in or the character?
Oh wow, don’t remember that at all. My 64 1/2 years are showing!

I remember her from American in Paris, Gigi (I have every book that Colette wrote), Sabrina, Wait Until Dark (scared the whee out of me), Charade (yes, Cary Grant, I will discuss stamp collecting with you), even My Fair Lady, because I’m a sucker for musicals. Everything, really.

When you were thrown out of ballet lessons at 4 for being hopelessly uncoordinated, and you’re 5’9” * in seventh grade, all elbows and knees, and you can no longer see the big E on the eye chart at 16, you really, really want to be Audrey Hepburn. lol

But she was a great actress and a greater human being and humanitarian, and the world needs more women like her. cough *Kim Kardashian etc* cough

* re 5’9”: I have shrunk since then...

Last edited:
Reactions: NorCalVol67

I remember her from American in Paris, Gigi (I have every book that Colette wrote), Sabrina, Wait Until Dark (scared the whee out of me), Charade (yes, Cary Grant, I will discuss stamp collecting with you), even My Fair Lady, because I’m a sucker for musicals. Everything, really.

When you were thrown out of ballet lessons at 4 for being hopelessly uncoordinated, and you’re 5’9”* in seventh grade, all elbows and knees, and you can no longer see the big E on the eye chart at 16, you really, really want to be Audrey Hepburn. lol

But she was a great actress and a greater human being and humanitarian, and the world needs more women like her. cough *Kim Kardashian etc* cough

American in Paris was a good one also. Just watched about 7 months ago.

Sure, where is it?

0.jpg

Reactions: malinoisvol

When you were thrown out of ballet lessons at 4 for being hopelessly uncoordinated, and you’re 5’9” * in seventh grade, all elbows and knees, and you can no longer see the big E on the eye chart at 16, you really, really want to be Audrey Hepburn. lol

* re 5’9”: I have shrunk since then...
Wait Until Dark is one of the scariest movies I've ever seen. And to this day, I only throw stuff that won't break.

Breakfast at Tiffany’s.
Yes, omg, how did I forget that one? So good, so sad.

Random brain fart: I was dragging my parents around Europe as an 11th-grader and bought a copy of Breakfast at Tiffany’s in French (something like Petit Dejeuner Chez Tiffany), and after four years of French could actually read it. (I doubt that I’d be able to ask directions to the bathroom these days.) This as the same trip where I saw a ‘67 Maserati Ghibli parked in Monte Carlo with a package of Huggies in the back, which pretty much completely destroyed any idea of glamor in this world. 1559090479015.gif

Yes, omg, how did I forget that one? So good, so sad.

Random brain fart: I was dragging my parents around Europe as an 11th-grader and bought a copy of Breakfast at Tiffany’s in French (something like Petit Dejeuner Chez Tiffany), and after four years of French could actually read it. (I doubt that I’d be able to ask directions to the bathroom these days.) This as the same trip where I saw a ‘67 Maserati Ghibli parked in Monte Carlo with a package of Huggies in the back, which pretty much completely destroyed any idea of glamor in this world. View attachment 207162
🤣🤣

Reactions: VolNExile

VN Store

Back