Dalton Knecht....

So you think that is getting it done from a 5th year senior who was supposed to help lead the scoring?

Do you seriously think 2-5 is enough for this team out of Vescovi, which is what he did against Georgia?

Tennessee had a hot hand and fed the hot hand. Santi knocked down a couple of shots when his number was called but didn’t force things given DK was in a zone. That’s what good, smart players do. He made winning plays in other areas of the game.

Dominant? Though dominant would be nice, I'd take a Kyle Alexander level talent.
Not talking Wilt Chamberlain, but that Dickinson dude would look fabulous in orange. Or maybe a combo of Plavi and Tobe? That would be pretty sweet, too.

We need Knecht and ZZ to just take the lead on this team both in the locker room and on the floor. No offense to Vescovi and JJJ, but their personalities aren't the types to be leaders. They have experience, but when the bullets fly, we need alphas. ZZ is certainly one. Not sure if Knecht has that in him or if he's comfortable enough in the locker room as a new guy that he's ready to assert himself. If he can/does, we can make some noise in the tournament. Gotta have someone who will put this team on his shoulders and carry it home. There's only one guy can do that for UT.

We need Knecht and ZZ to just take the lead on this team both in the locker room and on the floor. No offense to Vescovi and JJJ, but their personalities aren't the types to be leaders. They have experience, but when the bullets fly, we need alphas. ZZ is certainly one. Not sure if Knecht has that in him or if he's comfortable enough in the locker room as a new guy that he's ready to assert himself. If he can/does, we can make some noise in the tournament. Gotta have someone who will put this team on his shoulders and carry it home. There's only one guy can do that for UT.

I am not sure if DK has that Alpha in him like ZZ but his dominance on the court when he has the hot hand has to get this team fired up. The move CRB made late in the UGA game was smart allowing DK to bring the ball up and not ZZ. Glad he thrived when we needed him late.

Last edited:
I am not sure if DK has that Alpha in him like ZZ but his dominance on the court when he has the hot hand has to get this team fired up. The move CRB made late in the UGA game was smart allowing DK to bring the ball up and not ZZ. Glad he thrived when we needed him late.
At least this season we have "that guy" we can go to in crunch time. Talent is certainly there, but the question is can he do it on the biggest of stages with everything on the line in March?

Reactions: PEPPERJAX
At least this season we have "that guy" we can go to in crunch time. Talent is certainly there, but the question is can he do it on the biggest of stages with everything on the line in March?
Obviously, that remains to be seen. It is encouraging that he has had some monster games against quality opponents. Veterans like SV and JJJ need to be able to provide some offense as well if this team wants to make a deep run and of course ZZ must continue to do his thing. Luckily, there is still time for us to make improvements before tourney time arrives. We haven't played our best ball yet imo.

Last edited:
DK has it on the floor, but seems like a quiet leader. ZZ is the vocal leader. Santi, as well. He is constantly talking to the team on the floor almost as an extension of the coach.

I have missed every single game he has gone off in. I did listen on the way to my son's basketball. I hope someone puts together a compellation of his hi-lights.

Dalton Knecht is so fun to watch. If this guy keeps up,he's in the running for POY. Dude can flat out ball. The game plan should be to hand him the ball.

Reactions: StoneokeyVol
He’s so damn good. It seems like they’re letting the offense run through Dalton a lot more lately. Turns out he’s just as good on-ball as he is off-ball.

Reactions: CPA and The Dog

VN Store

Back