Dalton Knecht....

Not bad. Someone else would step up. GBO
Yep. He couldn't stay on the floor against NC State and it was still one of our best offensive performances. Nobody else on the team could put together this stretch that he's gotten the past three games, though. If we can figure out how to get Véscovi more shots from off-ball movement they both could benefit.

Obviously, that remains to be seen. It is encouraging that he has had some monster games against quality opponents. Veterans like SV and JJJ need to be able to provide some offense as well if this team wants to make a deep run and of course ZZ must continue to do his thing. Luckily, there is still time for us to make improvements before tourney time arrives. We haven't played our best ball yet imo.
I think Aidoo ad a better game today and hopefully he can become more consistent against bigger and stronger 5s.

A lot of John Stockton in his game. Shades of Steve Nash. Bit of Bill Walton too.

The Larry Bird comparison...of course.

I can't think of a great comp for Knecht. It's a newer phenomenon to have somebody his size with his ability on the perimeter. Bird hit 3's but they were usually open and off the catch. Knecht is stepping back off crossovers to hit deep 3's.

That's a Luka thing, but he's not like Luka because he's way more athletic but not a playmaker at all. I guess it's closer to Tatum but he's not as athletic as Tatum and Tatum is a solid playmaker at this point.

I can't think of a great comp for Knecht. It's a newer phenomenon to have somebody his size with his ability on the perimeter. Bird hit 3's but they were usually open and off the catch. Knecht is stepping back off crossovers to hit deep 3's.

That's a Luka thing, but he's not like Luka because he's way more athletic but not a playmaker at all. I guess it's closer to Tatum but he's not as athletic as Tatum and Tatum is a solid playmaker at this point.

Knecht is stronger, but I see some similarities with Allan Houston. Houston was smoother and was amazing finding his perimeter bombs off of his dribble. Knecht is stronger driving to the basket, although Houston used his finesse to get there.

Tatum was the one who came to mind for me as well. Reddick and Larry Legend comparisons are a little ridiculous imo.

Knecht is hitting 3s in all kinds of ways. He's a little upgrade over Mike Miller or Joe Johnson, with a better ability to drive to the basket. Those are 2 comparable players. He's better than Grant

We all love Knecht, but placing him above Grant is blasphemy.
Grant will have his jersey retired.

Because he’ll only be here one year, I think the only way Knecht’s 3 will hang in the rafters is if he leads UT to a national title.

VN Store

Back