Debate thread

I think the notion of replacing a duly elected nominee because you are conceding that candidate will get beat is truly an attack on democracy (Invoking the 25th is different, but that can’t be done with all the support the President has been given so far.)

That said, serious question: How do them Dems legit choose anyone other than the VP? All the candidates have come out in support of Biden/Harris. How can they drop Harris without absolutely crushing their hopes within very important constituencies to their electoral hopes? Is it really as simple as a “Jump! / How high” situation?
The only way it will work is for Biden to voluntarily not accept the nomination. If the party pushes him out and invalidates the voters in Democratic primaries, they will have outright revolt within the party membership on their hands.

Even still, it will be bad no matter what. Piss off the party faithful that voted for Biden, or have him on the ticket and drag down ballot races through the muck and gift them to Republicans?

Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

one thing is apparent - if Joe loses this election, it'll be the last time we see him in public for a long time.

The only way it will work is for Biden to voluntarily not accept the nomination. If the party pushes him out and invalidates the voters in Democratic primaries, they will have outright revolt within the party membership on their hands.

Even still, it will be bad no matter what. Piss off the party faithful that voted for Biden, or have him on the ticket and drag down ballot races through the muck and gift them to Republicans?

Thank you for the thoughtful answer.

Reactions: zeppelin128
What a massive mistake if they really had some sort of cocktail and didn’t use.
I still don't get how during the SOTU we got that hyped up loud, yelling Biden and tonight we got the same Joe Biden we have seen day in day out for 2.5 years.

You never see a media response like this. I can’t believe the party has let the Biden campaign get this far.
No one is trying spin this. I mean from a political standpoint you have to at least try to spin it, you have to do something. I mean i know it was a disaster, but you can't concede that as an operative. They are letting this hang in the air.

Makes me think the discussions are quite serious.

No one is trying spin this. I mean from a political standpoint you have to at least try to spin it, you have to do something. I mean i know it was a disaster, but you can't concede that as an operative. They are letting this hang in the air.

Makes me think the discussions are quite serious.
Huge pressure for him to step down coming

How much, if any, does RFK Jr benefit from tonight’s debate and does he see a significant jump in the polls? If so, does he also then take a hit if/when Biden is pulled from the race and the alternate step in? Man, I’m just here for the popcorn 🍿.

my take .. you are loyal to your beliefs & that is outstanding... what should the dems do?

Reactions: zeppelin128
The dems didn’t want Kamala either. Brit Hume says all the delegates are Biden voters. Their only option is Biden stepping aside. I don’t know how that happens.

VN Store

Back