Debate thread

The Democratic party shot callers set the trap and Trump walked right into it. Trump should have never agreed to debate him before the convention. Now, he's inadvertently let the Democratic Party and the main stream media covering for them off the hook.

Obligatory reminder that having a presidential debate between only two candidates is part of the problem.

No one is trying spin this. I mean from a political standpoint you have to at least try to spin it, you have to do something. I mean i know it was a disaster, but you can't concede that as an operative. They are letting this hang in the air.

Makes me think the discussions are quite serious.
They have to be. Everyone with a modicum of critical thought and somewhat observant saw this coming. MSM is and has been completely obtuse.

I honestly don't know, there are no good options on how to proceed. If there is a brokered convention kind of deal, I think it would further fracture the party to the point of no repair.

I don't like to be reactionary, but the Presidency might have been lost tonight, no matter what happens next.
Do you think it’s at the point they want Biden to resign and Kamala finish the term as 47th?

Would be fascinating for historical nerds.

Does he step down and Harris become 47 for the last few months?

The only hope is for whoever the new candidate will be to get a huge bump after they showcase them in Chicago. It will be this circle the wagons, kumbaya, holding hands across America to defeat Donald Trump. Can Michelle Obama do that ? Maybe w/ some help. Newsom? I doubt it.

Bottom line is that Joe will need to be convinced to step aside......then, Kamala (because she is a stone cold loser) will need to step aside as well. An interesting mess for the dems.

Reactions: Orangeburst
The only hope is for whoever the new candidate will be to get a huge bump after they showcase them in Chicago. It will be this circle the wagons, kumbaya, holding hands across America to defeat Donald Trump. Can Michelle Obama do that ? Maybe w/ some help. Newsom? I doubt it.
Newsom cannot win middle America.

Do you think it’s at the point they want Biden to resign and Kamala finish the term as 47th?

Would be fascinating for historical nerds.
I don't think that would ever happen. He wouldn't resign, just not accept the nomination at the convention. Biden won't be the "official" nominee until the votes are tallied by the official delegates at the DNC during the roll call of state parties.

I think it works the same for Republicans, but I'm not 100% on how their process works.

VN Store

Back