Debate thread

Hey, no need to be this mean to our resident jester. She provides us with great laughs. Just sit back and enjoy the absurdity that are her posts.

No intent of meanness, just calling it like it is. To each his/her own, but the amusement of the content being thrown out wore off for me a long way back on the trail. Far be it from me to derail others amusement though. Carry on.

Biden is running the executive branch along with a bunch of people who are far more competent, expert and professional than the ideological hacks and embarrassing idiots who filled many positions under the gangster.
You can’t be serious… Biden should be in assisted living right now. There’s zero way anyone with one functional brain cell thinks that man is running anything.

It shouldn't come to that. I've been lauding those in the GOP who have had the cajones to tell it like it is with Trump and to disavow him as their candidate. I've got to do the same with Biden. Time to get real.
The difference is Republican voters overwhelmingly want Trump. The Democrats didn’t give their voters a choice.

So which party is more democratic?

Reactions: dovervolz
@JOEY’S ALL VOL !!!

to save the OT thread, Trump looked as expected. Biden looked terrible. Like as lost as he ever has in a public setting.

Trump answered some things surprisingly well, for him, avoided too many personal attacks and name calling. still looked petty and had some big questions he ducked.

Biden looked lost, confused, self contradictory, the best description I have seen is Biden didn't look old, he looked empty. no energy, was clearly just trying to repeat prerecorded lines, and usually failed. even his relative high lights include a half dozen bloopers.

a CNN poll even said Trump won. IMO Trump held steady, Biden handled the debate as well as he handles Air Force One stairs.

Thanks Louder! goal of salvation accomplished. I should have known better, I hang my head in shame.

You can’t be serious… Biden should be in assisted living right now. There’s zero way anyone with one functional brain cell thinks that man is running anything.
He isnt serious. He's doing to you precisely what he wants.

As one that considers myself an independent, no way in the world am I voting for either of these guys after watching that performance.
I'm betting there are large contingents of other independents feeling the same way.
If so, then I don't see how Trump doesn't get elected in November.
Let's hope our country is strong enough to endure what lies ahead.

You mean like this?

I don't give two craps about their physical well being. No political decission has been made in the last 100+ years over the physical capableness of the president. Sound mind and the ability to clearly deliver a strong statement matter more than Joe's push ups.

Trump looks like a 5th grader, always has, always will. Biden looked to be about 3 or 4 at times last night.

Reactions: volbound1700
As one that considers myself an independent, no way in the world am I voting for either of these guys after watching that performance.
I'm betting there are large contingents of other independents feeling the same way.
We have seen a trump 4 years already aside from covid that affected everyone globally I’ll take his 4 years over whatever “democracy” candidate the Dems throw out there

If you have to answer that question, things are going great.

This is like when your coach blows up at a reporter about how he’d never take another job
I was thinking it was more like the statement of support from the AD during a rough football season. knowing full well they are going to replace the coach after the train wreck.

Currently you have 4 options:
Vote for incompetence.
Vote 3rd party.
Write-in.
Don't vote.

Reactions: lostsheep
The difference is Republican voters overwhelmingly want Trump. The Democrats didn’t give their voters a choice.

So which party is more democratic?

It has always been true that Dems supported Biden as much out of their disdain for Trump as their liking Biden. If this continues Trump will win but a lot of people will still vote for Biden as a vote against Trump.

It has always been true that Dems supported Biden as much out of their disdain for Trump as their liking Biden. If this continues Trump will win but a lot of people will still vote for Biden as a vote against Trump.

But if you don't really know who is actually running things - you might as well vote for Trump. It really doesn't make sense, but it didn't make sense in 2020 either.... nothing has changed in 5-6 years at least.

VN Store

Back