Debate thread

"They would vote for a potted plant if it was THE ONLY VIABLE ALTERNATIVE RUNNING AGAINST TRUMP.

I'm good. Still riding the high from baseball......
Didn't watch one second of the debate.....not sure why anyone would.

Present.
Same. Was working. Might have tuned in a few minutes to test my interpreting skills.

The real entertainment was watching the Lib media eat their own afterwards. Even that bleach blond black racist.

It’s beyond that. We will continue to have bad candidates. That’s not going away.

The difference is tonight we saw a mentally incompetent candidate. A low point in history, that only occurred because of full scale cover up by the media.

It was sad to watch
And they continue to consume the same media, same social networks and spew the same garbage. But they have no responsibility for what’s going on.

I don't think it happen like that with Biden. I think they were asking him a year ago to turn over the baton and he declined.

Reasons: Everything on the upswing in America, they thought they could get a hold on the immigration situation, Trump was indicted, Roe vs Wade reversal, plus more so why rock the boat. Slide Biden in another 4 years.

What happened? Trail delays, Joe's health deteriorated, lies continued, Media Coverage of everything Trump was saying blasted on nightly news, and the brain washing continued. A huge mess.

Trump can get elected and we may see a split Congress and a PowerBall type Supreme Court. Somebody has to win and somebody has to lose as we move more towards a power struggle between of the extreme left and extreme right. Congress is the problem, Trump's potential appointments to key Cabinet Positions is a huge issue.
Biden's mental state prior to being elected was in poor shape but he ran anyway.

Reactions: Ttucke11 and GVF
One possibility is that the DNC is in the middle of a very risky, but potentially rewarding (for them) strategy. Getting him out at this stage of the race would allow the party apparatus to pick a replacement rather than voters in the primaries.

That is easier said that done though because many of the hands at the switch at the DNC are Biden loyalists, and it is hard to find a consensus candidate starting in late June/July.
I would be willing to bet they figured it out months ago and are waiting on the execution order. I would be willing to bet that even the Biden loyalists were well aware that this could happen as they see him often enough to know. My guess is that Biden had a mini stroke (TIA) a year or two ago when he disappeared for several months and there was talk in the media of who was a potential replacement candidate for him.

If Kamala is the sitting president come convention time and the DNC doesn’t give her the nomination and goes with Newsom or Whitmer they lose (in a legitimate election) how do they spin kicking the first female president to the curb? Their only option would be to nominate MO.
they get her to step down publically. maybe go back to being VP, thanks for stepping up.

as long as they have a strong replacement it doesn't matter how they sell it.

at the very least they know Kamala is tainted by association with Joe. Its damning that they don't trust her enough to have already replace Joe.

Reactions: Sudden Impact
That’s a tangent point to mine. Democrat voters deserved a chance to pick their nominee. Now it looks like the party will pick it for them at the convention. This severely weakens their argument that they are the party of democracy

That's not a very compelling point. I cannot remember the last time either party truly entertained a challenge to a sitting POTUS from within their own ranks. Both parties show solidarity with their incumbent, even with misgivings, out of fear that appearing to be factionalized will lead the other party to victory. Happened with Trump, last time, too.

Reactions: walkenvol
I would be willing to bet they figured it out months ago and are waiting on the execution order. I would be willing to bet that even the Biden loyalists were well aware that this could happen as they see him often enough to know. My guess is that Biden had a mini stroke (TIA) a year or two ago when he disappeared for several months and there was talk in the media of who was a potential replacement candidate for him.
Yeah, something like that could be a possibility. It's still risky for them to wait this long in the game though.

That's not a very compelling point. I cannot remember the last time either party truly entertained a challenge to a sitting POTUS from within their own ranks. Both parties show solidarity with their incumbent, even with misgivings, out of fear that appearing to be factionalized will lead the other party to victory. Happened with Trump, last time, too.
Once again, you are making a tangent point to mine. I addressed the issue of democracy.

As to whether this has ever happened before, of course not! That speaks to how pathetic Biden is as a party’s nominee. It is unprecedented. Thank you for putting that softball on my plate

It's Trump's economy too. The only thing that would be different is price of gas because of keystone. Other than that, Trump kicked us off on this inflationary course.
1) At some point it's not Trump's economy. We are 4 years in and Biden is now fully responsible for his actions.
2) Lower gas/oil prices will lower the costs of almost everything.
3) Another thing that would be different is that Trump and the Republicans would have never passed the Inflation Reduction Act that has spurred inflation in the name of climate change. All praise Al Gore! Amen!

I've never liked Biden, but watching elder abuse of this magnitude makes me feel great sympathy for him.
Normally I would feel sorry for someone with his condition. But not him. He's shown time and time again that he doesn't give a whit about anything other than political gain or anyone other than himself and his family.

Its life. The millennials really aren't capable of doing anything which means more of them will probably have to pay the price.

Babies are born with much worse hands to play with, the problem with millennials will be partially their own doing.
I disagree 100% with your statement. The millennial’s biggest problem has been from growing up in the most affluent period in the history of our country.

RFK Jr had quite the audience last night on X with his debate-counter debate going on.

Once again, you are making a tangent point to mine. I addressed the issue of democracy.

As to whether this has ever happened before, of course not! That speaks to how pathetic Biden is as a party’s nominee. It is unprecedented. Thank you for putting that softball on my plate

We are saying the same thing. The Dems should have entertained an alternative in primaries this cycle. They still have time do offer up an alternative and they should. The simple fact is that if they don't, Trump will win and the party elite will have only themselves to blame.

Reagan challenged Ford pretty hard in '76.

I've never liked Biden, but watching elder abuse of this magnitude makes me feel great sympathy for him.
Part of me has sympathy for him, but I still think he has some degree of agency over his own behavior. The degree to which he's being encouraged to continue is shameful, but I also think if he wanted to he'd step down. I don't think he's so far gone where he's able to be manipulated or tricked into continuing, like telling a toddler they'll be OK if they jump 20 feet off the playground.

He isn't 100% with us, but he's also an incredibly arrogant man who wants to hang on to power. He said not too long ago that if he wasn't running against Trump, he probably wouldn't have run.

Reactions: BreatheUT
So I finished the debate. Here are a few takeaways and I’m looking forward to reading through all of yours:

1. I thought CNN did well. They asked good questions for both, tried to redirect both at times and didn’t come across as partisan.

2. Trump “won” but his performance wasn’t good. Biden was just so bad that it was almost impossible to not beat him.

3. Trump could’ve won in a landslide if he simply finished his sentences and communicated more clearly.

4. Biden’s close was just pitiful.

That’s all for now. Things to do.

VN Store

Back