Debate thread

Ego of the leader of any organization makes it difficult for them to admit they need to let go of the reigns. Can you imagine how hard it is when you are the President of the United States to admit to yourself and others that someone else is better suited to the job?

This may well be a matter for his family as much as anyone else.

Why should he do that, everyone has been saying he's alright? What changed?

The only thing that has changed is polling data.

So I finished the debate. Here are a few takeaways and I’m looking forward to reading through all of yours:

1. I thought CNN did well. They asked good questions for both, tried to redirect both at times and didn’t come across as partisan.

2. Trump “won” but his performance wasn’t good. Biden was just so bad that it was almost impossible to not beat him.

3. Trump could’ve won in a landslide if he simply finished his sentences and communicated more clearly.

4. Biden’s close was just pitiful.

That’s all for now. Things to do.

Yeah, I feel like Trump didn't "win" but rather Biden "lost"

So I finished the debate. Here are a few takeaways and I’m looking forward to reading through all of yours:

1. I thought CNN did well. They asked good questions for both, tried to redirect both at times and didn’t come across as partisan.

2. Trump “won” but his performance wasn’t good. Biden was just so bad that it was almost impossible to not beat him.

3. Trump could’ve won in a landslide if he simply finished his sentences and communicated more clearly.

4. Biden’s close was just pitiful.

That’s all for now. Things to do.

I watched a few minutes this morning. Forget Biden running for president, he's in such a bad way I'm not sure he should finish his term.

Trump's lies and incessant need to use hyperbole to self-promote are just exhausting.

If he had an ounce of humility and could reign in his obvious lies he'd win in a landslide. It's bewildering how his ego overrides any rational thought filter he may have. All he has to do is shut up and stay off social media. Americans have short memories and don't need to be reminded of how damn dumb he sounds when he rambles.

Tell me what you see. I still see "anyone but Trump" from the usual suspects.
I think the change is "Biden is totally competent." doesn't sell anymore. (other than those taking a flat earth approach to assessing his cognitive abilities) That's the about face that's happening all across Left-world. As you say "anyone but Trump" will still be the voting strategy for many come November.

I watched a few minutes this morning. Forget Biden running for president, he's in such a bad way I'm not sure he should finish his term.

Trump's lies and incessant need to use hyperbole to self-promote are just exhausting.

If he had an ounce of humility and could reign in his obvious lies he'd win in a landslide. It's bewildering how his ego overrides any rational thought filter he may have. All he has to do is shut up and stay off social media. Americans have short memories and don't need to be reminded of how damn dumb he sounds when he rambles.
If a man has risen to great notoriety, power, and wealth with a formula that worked, why would he change it now (especially if it continues to work?)

LOL spends 3 long paragraphs saying you can't lump people together, and the whole time lumps people together.

especially funny putting me in a MAGA bucket because I have been a proud never-Trumper from day one.

and yes I should absolutely be shocked. please show me some of these examples of the media breaking ranks with their collective party. They have always danced around how bad Biden is with deflection and red herrings, and you are too simple to pick up on the distinction.
What a shock to be shocked, I never knew you had nerve endings. Are they fake? That's what I heard through the grapevine. Next time, avoid the exposed wires.
1719587413944.gif

I think the change is "Biden is totally competent." doesn't sell anymore. (other than those taking a flat earth approach to assessing his cognitive abilities) That's the about face that's happening all across Left-world. As you say "anyone but Trump" will still be the voting strategy for many come November.

You might be true but I never understood it in 2020, let alone now. Meaning, you don't really know who you are voting for if you pick Corn Pops. Maybe Orange runs the country even if Corn Pops is elected? ??????? The country really has no idea who is running the country in any way.

(I don't vote as I don't think it matters but I was always confused by the vote for anyone but Trump crowd. )

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
What am I missing? Wasn’t your statement that there hasn’t been a debate over a president’s physical capabilities to run our country in 100 years? Also, being in a wheelchair doesn’t compromise one’s mental health.
No. my point was that the presidentials physical health has NOT decided POLITICS in a long time.

FDR we accepted because he was mentally fit.
Reagan was was NOT mentally fit, but I am pretty sure he was already president by the time it all came out.

I'll give you this... your loyalty to the Party is admirable... in a way.

Its not loyalty to party. I have voted for more Republicans over the years than you have Dems, I'll wager. And this is not about loyalty to party in 2024 -- its recognizing what a disgrace Trump is to the country and how chaotic and incompetent he and his presidency will be.

Think back to his last term. Neither he nor his administration could walk a straight line. They did not know what they are doing. And this time he promises to have embedded within the administration even less qualified or experienced people (if that's even possible) than last time.

Reactions: lostsheep
Its not loyalty to party. I have voted for more Republicans over the years than you have Dems, I'll wager. And this is not about loyalty to party in 2024 -- its recognizing what a disgrace Trump is to the country and how chaotic and incompetent he and his presidency will be.

Think back to his last term. Neither he nor his administration could walk a straight line. They did not know what they are doing. And this time he promises to have embedded within the administration even less qualified or experienced people (if that's even possible) than last time.
And yet here we are in worse Shape with Biden.

You might be true but I never understood it in 2020, let alone now. Meaning, you don't really know who you are voting for if you pick Corn Pops. Maybe Orange runs the country even if Corn Pops is elected? ??????? The country really has no idea who is running the country in any way.

(I don't vote as I don't think it matters but I was always confused by the vote for anyone but Trump crowd.)
I don't know how many voters will look at it that way but to your point yeah...anyone thinking it through has to be wondering "It sure seems implausible the guy on that stage last night could possibly be capable of actually being anything other than a figurehead.".

Biden claimed that no US soldier was killed overseas during his term and Trump claimed that he did not sleep with Daniels.

1719588275176.gif

I don't know how many voters will look at it that way but to your point yeah...anyone thinking it through has to be wondering "It sure seems implausible the guy on that stage last night could possibly be capable of actually being anything other than a figurehead.".

Its no different than in 2020, nothing has changed. The only thing that changed really is the polling data, which changed the powers to be to sack him.

VN Store

Back