Debate thread

Biden claimed that no US soldier was killed overseas during his term and Trump claimed that he did not sleep with Daniels.

View attachment 654826

The Bushes were running illegal drugs and guns in and from the United States, that didn't stop them from being elected President in three different elections. Not only that but they got a ton of Americans killed for absolutely no reason.

Its no different than in 2020, nothing has changed. The only thing that changed really is the polling data, which changed the powers to be to sack him.
Right, that's the surface reaction. I was addressing the "anyone thinking it through" part, which is probably the minority unfortunately.

Reactions: LSU-SIU
He still is. Infinitely.

But I think he'll lose to Trump, badly.
point-and-laugh-snapfingerclick.gif

If a man has risen to great notoriety, power, and wealth with a formula that worked, why would he change it now (especially if it continues to work?)

I mean, he did lose the last election with that formula. Like the last election, people voted against him, not for Biden. There's a distinction there.

While he appears to (now) be steamrolling to a win, why not at least attempt to endear yourself to the wider American electorate by just being ...decent?

Last edited:
Its not loyalty to party. I have voted for more Republicans over the years than you have Dems, I'll wager. And this is not about loyalty to party in 2024 -- its recognizing what a disgrace Trump is to the country and how chaotic and incompetent he and his presidency will be.

Think back to his last term. Neither he nor his administration could walk a straight line. They did not know what they are doing. And this time he promises to have embedded within the administration even less qualified or experienced people (if that's even possible) than last time.

Biden’s presidency has been a disgrace to the country way more so than Trump’s. Yes, Trumps term was chock full of chaos but Biden’s has been nothing but one embarrassing disaster after another.

Biden claimed that no US soldier was killed overseas during his term and Trump claimed that he did not sleep with Daniels.

View attachment 654826

The Bushes were running illegal drugs and guns, that didn't stop them from being elected President in three different elections. Not only that but they got a ton of Americans killed for absolutely no reason.

The one thing I like about Trump is they all want him to fail. <---- If they all hate him, that probably isn't a bad thing, right?

Reactions: davethevol
Its not loyalty to party. I have voted for more Republicans over the years than you have Dems, I'll wager. And this is not about loyalty to party in 2024 -- its recognizing what a disgrace Trump is to the country and how chaotic and incompetent he and his presidency will be.

Think back to his last term. Neither he nor his administration could walk a straight line. They did not know what they are doing. And this time he promises to have embedded within the administration even less qualified or experienced people (if that's even possible) than last time.
But an Alzheimer's addled Biden isn't an embarrassment.

Gotcha.

Actually you are right. Biden isn't an embarrassment. He's a straight up danger.

I don't think I've seen a Presidential debate in my lifetime where a candidate has done some much damage to his campaign. Granted, I am only 39, so I've only been paying attention for about 5-6 elections.

One party claims democracy as their calling card while the other actually uses democracy to obtain a candidate although he is unlikeable to some…let’s just call a spade a spade here.
You make a statement with a lot of ? marks without names. Then follow it up with more question marks in comment. So vague yet both candidates and parties can be substituted with either Biden or Trumps names or Democrats' and Republicans' Party names. Kind of a word play game. It's ok I just figured you intended to do it that way.

Serious Q. The country managed to do alright even with a pandemic. Seems to be doing pretty good now except for crazy inflation (all politicians for many years are at fault). So, why is the president such a big deal?

You might be true but I never understood it in 2020, let alone now. Meaning, you don't really know who you are voting for if you pick Corn Pops. Maybe Orange runs the country even if Corn Pops is elected? ??????? The country really has no idea who is running the country in any way.

(I don't vote as I don't think it matters but I was always confused by the vote for anyone but Trump crowd. )
This guy gets it.
427B158E-AFDA-4647-B6E8-CC9D8B2271D0.gif

Reactions: LSU-SIU
I absolutely do.

Walk me through your argument starting with the nominating process. I won't fight your thoughts. But they better be reasonable.
your contribution only starts at the nomination process? you still have representation even if you don't vote for them. they can only represent what they are hearing. and that either comes from the groundswell of their constituents or their backers.

The process can be changed. how much effort has been spent on making the changes you want? I am in the same boat as you, not voting, and we absolutely share some of the blame. by choosing not to decide, we still have made a choice. Its been 5 years or so since I last emailed any of my congress members, state or federal. 2 or 3 since I went to a local Q/A, probably the same 5 since I actually engaged at one of those Q/A.

heck you could always run yourself, or nominate someone else. Zeppelin got involved with the campaign for Pete. local, state, federal, plenty of options to get involved.

I don't think I've seen a Presidential debate in my lifetime where a candidate has done some much damage to his campaign. Granted, I am only 39, so I've only been paying attention for about 5-6 elections.

It looked like the same Joe from 10 years ago, definitely the last 5-6 years. I've only seen a few clips, but all this is very normal for Joe. The only thing that is different really is polling data.

You make a statement with a lot of ? marks without names. Then follow it up with more question marks in comment. So vague yet both candidates and parties can be substituted with either Biden or Trumps names or Democrats' and Republicans' Party names. Kind of a word play game. It's ok I just figured you intended to do it that way.
Bro it's easy. "We are the party of democracy" is about to push in a candidate without a vote while clearly knowing their "candidate" was never making it to election day in the first place. It's a nice move, embrace their lying ways.

The absolute misleading by the media and DNC has essentially tarnished any form of a campaign they might have had. They either try to get him to step down and lose the “fighting for democracy” shtick they have been preaching or continue on with a guy who is obviously unfit for the job…

Reactions: Carp
I mean, he did lose the last election with that formula. Like the last election, people voted against him, not for his Biden. There's a distinction there.

While he appears to (now) be steamrolling to a win, why not at least attempt to endear yourself to the wider American electorate by just being ...decent?
You said you were bewildered. I am trying to give explanatory understanding. He loses a lot. Loses money. Loses respect. Loses dignity. But on the whole, he's gained a lot of important stuff (important for him).

See what I am saying?

I think they would go with a relatively known, but outsider, name. I could really see it as Michelle Obama as hog likes to say.

Female, black, has the get out of jail free Obama name. dynamic, and a HUGE contrast from Trump or Biden.

depending on how good they handle the switcheroo I could see her winning pretty convincingly over Trump.
Does she have any real qualifications at all?

Reactions: StarRaider
I mean, he did lose the last election with that formula. Like the last election, people voted against him, not for his Biden. There's a distinction there.

I keep saying the same thing...

Bro it's easy. "We are the party of democracy" is about to push in a candidate without a vote while clearly knowing their "candidate" was never making it to election day in the first place. It's a nice move, embrace their lying ways.
You lost me at Bro, what are you some weird Californian, grew up in the sixties, or a teenager that watches way too much TV.

VN Store

Back