Debate thread

Didn't watch, let me guess:

Biden sounded like a deathbed patient and mumbled through his answers

Trump made ridiculous and irrelevant claims instead of answering questions

Both lied their ass off

How close was I?

Reactions: EasternVol
It would seem like the people that voted for Biden are in two camps:

1. Biden is fit for office and has been fit.
2. Biden isn't fit for office now and they need to provide someone as a figurehead because at the end of the day someone else is clearly running the show.

I would say both camps are basically nut jobs, but at least camp #1 is consistent because to me he looked like Dementia Joe for about 5-6 years. Camp #2 is the real nut jobs, basically they are saying that Joe really hasn't been running things yet they want the power that be to provide a different person to pretend like you are actually electing someone.

I mean, if you don't like Trump, cool, but I don't see the logic in any of this because at the end of the day if you are in Camp #2, you might as well be voting for Trump as you don't know who is running things.... and in theory it could be Trump. (we don't know)

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol
I still have hope that we can put the whole trupism catastrophe behind us and move forward as a country.

You can't tell me who is running the country and trump is the problem?

Why do you care who is elected? I mean, that is basically where this is at. (for the record, I don't vote but I'm missing the logic on this one)

Reactions: NEO
Feel free to make the argument against it. Just understand what Head of State actually means. It is not synonymous with being POTUS.

Clinton was a better Head of State than Obama, he was much more affable and willing to compromise on his agenda to move the country forward than Obama could ever dream of being. Obama was a divider and commanded no respect at home or abroad. After ACA he couldn't and wouldn't shift on his agenda, his foreign policy was complete appeasement.

And it pains me to say that because I didn't like Clinton because for the early 90s he was a radical but it's pure delusion for you think Obama was the best HoS ever. Hell, he couldn't hold Regan or Clinton's jock straps in that category.

Maybe if you are 20 years old or younger should you have that belief…

I am not 20 years old or younger. I am not a fan of Obama. I did not vote for him either time.

I merely give credit where credit is due. He was a fantastic Head of State. His role as the Commander in Chief and the Head of the Executive Branch were his downfall.

As bad as biden did is no one going to mention how trump seemed to indicate he would go full dictator in regards to the election results on the last question? That's got to be at least as ominous as bidens performance.

I know you claim to not have watched but anyone that did watch, was planning on voting for Biden and claim they are not wavering on that now is a party minion. You couldn't have watched that debate and came away thinking Biden is fit to hold that office otherwise.
They are not a party minion as much as they simply and rightfully hate trump and will support ANYBODY BUT.

It's really not complicated.

Biden has been unfit for office all along. Just not as unfit as Trump.....the debate changed nothing about that.

As bad as biden did is no one going to mention how trump seemed to indicate he would go full dictator in regards to the election results on the last question? That's got to be at least as ominous as bidens performance.

When did he indicate that?

I am not 20 years old or younger. I am not a fan of Obama. I did not vote for him either time.

I merely give credit where credit is due. He was a fantastic Head of State. His role as the Commander in Chief and the Head of the Executive Branch were his downfall.
Fair enough

They are not a party minion as much as they simply and rightfully hate trump and will support ANYBODY BUT.

Biden has been unfit for office all along. Just not as unfit as Trump.....the debate changed nothing about that.

Yes, that is a party minion. Voting FOR someone simply because you hate another candidate is toeing the party line, there are other options.

Clinton was a better Head of State than Obama, he was much more affable and willing to compromise on his agenda to move the country forward than Obama could ever dream of being. Obama was a divider and commanded no respect at home or abroad. After ACA he couldn't and wouldn't shift on his agenda, his foreign policy was complete appeasement.

And it pains me to say that because I didn't like Clinton because for the early 90s he was a radical but it's pure delusion for you think Obama was the best HoS ever. Hell, he couldn't hold Regan or Clinton's jock straps in that category.

I don't disagree with you. That simply isn't the role of Head of State.

Clinton was a much better Head of the Executive Branch and much better as the leader of the Democratic party (which is how you get Congress to do what you want).

Misleading the public about Biden’s mental faculties says otherwise but I guess we don’t care about truth anymore in America

I don't disagree with you. That simply isn't the role of Head of State.

Clinton was a much better Head of the Executive Branch and much better as the leader of the Democratic party (which is how you get Congress to do what you want).

Please enlighten us with your definition of Head of State.

Y'all are wild for this. I didn't realize millennials were the generation of accountability. I put it on the people who propped up the system. I did not. You can put it on me if you want. Sounds right.
You have every right to fire back for your generation. After the surprise mid terms, I ventured into a millennial Republican/conservative forum/thread. Many of them crossed party lines. Their reasoning was extremely detailed with pertenant info. Much of it was about abortion, but there were other reasons too. That group of posters, as a group, are far more informed on policy issues, as to detail and nuance, as this group of right wing posters. Not even close too

Congressional demographics would be a separate matter. Obama + Democratic control would be worse to your point from a Libertarian perspective. In a perfect world, the control of the House/Senate/White House would be split by the Libertarians/Democrats/Republicans.

However, from purely an Presidential perspective, Obama or Romney would be vastly better than either Biden or Trump. Both are quite sharp individuals. Obama was probably the best head of state we have ever had.

I shudder to think about Biden getting the 3AM phone call. Who exactly is making that decision? It is clearly is not him.
I may be sorry, but what did Obama do that was actually good for the people of the US or the world?

He said he would only accept the results of the election if he agreed with them or something similar.

Pretty much all of them. Hillary still doesn't think she lost. Al Gore doesn't think he lost. None of them do. So what?
😂

Nobody can honestly say who is running this country and that is what you are upset about? 😅

1*1-ywxMaKMScQgS6WOTd-ig.gif

Trump will have his work cut out for him If Michelle enters the election. He would probably lose.
Miche isn't going to run. Both she and husband have repeatedly made that crystal clear. In Barack's words, "She doesn't want the job."
It's kinda like Peyton Manning's reaction to Vols fans wanting him to become our HC. It ain't happening.

Reactions: EasternVol
If the Republican party wanted to really win over the people they would have dumped the clown and convinced someone like Peyton Manning to take the reigns. It would take him one night of studying to surpass Trump's handle on the issues. Peyton would create a positive wave for this country instead of a self serving clown trying to ride the wave

VN Store

Back