Debate thread

Trump had Jared running middle east policy and Ivanka arguing with Melania over who was the "first lady" of the WH. Not a word from his supporters. Now Hunter supposedly shows up at a couple meetings and MAGA is throwing a hissy fit. Typical.
Maybe Biden is taking a few pages out of Trumps playbook.
Maybe in the next couple of weeks he'll start declaring if he loses in November it must be due to a rigged election, and then have Kamala refuse to certify in January.
Can't he do this now that the Supreme Court has turned the office of the presidency into a monarch??

Basically, the SC never ruled on what the VP can and can't do. Most likely its a political issue. This should only used in very extreme circumstances ie Banana Republic time.

Technically, the Commander in Chief can just start launching nukes. So?

Trump had Jared running middle east policy and Ivanka arguing with Melania over who was the "first lady" of the WH. Not a word from his supporters. Now Hunter supposedly shows up at a couple meetings and MAGA is throwing a hissy fit. Typical.
Maybe in the next couple of weeks he'll start declaring if he loses in November it must be due to a rigged election, and then have Kamala refuse to certify in January.
Can't he do this now that the Supreme Court has turned the office of the presidency into a monarch??
Hunter brings a lot of good things to the table for his Dad and top aides. You know, stuff like mind blowing dank weed and high grade Peruvian flake nose candy.

Here's the thing, these aren't lies if Trump really believes it's true and I think he does. In order to get around that, I think a better term to use is untruths or false facts. No question Trump doesn't have a grasp of the facts but he never has
No, they are lies. you can 100% be lying about something without knowing it. I would say it removes the "guilt" aspect, but you are still lying. and I don't think that is the case with Trump on most of those items, and at least some of it is willful ignorance, which is not the same.

not going to play some semantics game, but what Trump does is just his version of lawyer speak. uses vague enough language to not get tied down in court, but uses tone, sentence structure, and context to push whatever angle he is working at the moment. Its all very carefully crafted with him, not crafted to keep it clean/PC, but still very much managed and on purpose, which is why I call it lying.

Reactions: MercyPercy
According to that tweet it isn't Maga throwing a hissy fit. It's senior White House staff throwing the hissy fit.
Y'all on the D side better get up to speed quickly you're not fighting against Trump to win. you're fighting against Biden

Laughing at it isn't throwing a hissy. And if you are silly enough to believe SCOTUS just turned the POTUS into a monarchy I suggest you make sure Seal Team 6 hasn't been ordered to take you out

How so?
Personally, I think it should have been attempted already.
The timing now seems off.
But he is, and had been, unfit for office.
Well this is an interesting statement from you, luther. If I recall correctly, you were claiming he was fine up until the debate (which you claim to have not watched). So, in your opinion, just how long has Biden been unfit for office?

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol
According to that tweet it isn't Maga throwing a hissy fit. It's senior White House staff throwing the hissy fit.
Y'all on the D side better get up to speed quickly you're not fighting against Trump to win. you're fighting against Biden

Its bizarre. I don't know if the stories are true but they seem kind of logical at this point. My reading of the 25th is the cabinet could start the process, so if you don't meet with the cabinet than what can they say?

Probably cut off Kamala at this point.

Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President.

Well this is an interesting statement from you, luther. If I recall correctly, you were claiming he was fine up until the debate (which you claim to have not watched). So, in your opinion, just how long has Biden been unfit for office?
Luther has been hoping Biden is replaced (trump too) for a while.

He went on about Democrats wanting post delivery abortions too.
Congress has discussed "Partial Birth" abortions multiple times. Even as far back as 2003 there was an anti-partial birth abortion bill in Congress, so there was enough support to need a ban on it. Its wanted by some, even made it to the floor of several states. I think it was Newsome, but it might have been one of the others, who was even discussing in the last election.

its the same take it to extremes that exist on both sides. The Dems say every R want to ban every abortion, and the Rs say every Dem wants to kill every "partially" born babies.

Congress has discussed "Partial Birth" abortions multiple times. Even as far back as 2003 there was an anti-partial birth abortion bill in Congress, so there was enough support to need a ban on it. Its wanted by some, even made it to the floor of several states. I think it was Newsome, but it might have been one of the others, who was even discussing in the last election.

its the same take it to extremes that exist on both sides. The Dems say every R want to ban every abortion, and the Rs say every Dem wants to kill every "partially" born babies.
I think it was the VA State legislature that put a bill on the table wrt allowing partial birth abortions that was pretty lenient with the ability to do so. Not sure it got anywhere, but then Youngkin became governor and pretty much ended any discussion of that for the time being.

Laughing at it isn't throwing a hissy. And if you are silly enough to believe SCOTUS just turned the POTUS into a monarchy I suggest you make sure Seal Team 6 hasn't been ordered to take you out

And if you believe the SCOTUS decision doesn't give Trump the protection he craves to continue his crime and corruption spree if he gets elected again you are the most naïve person on this forum. Seems odd that only one POTUS in the history of the Country has requested absolute immunity. Leopards don't change their spots. Trump is a one man crime wave and just got a free pass.

And if you believe the SCOTUS decision doesn't give Trump the protection he craves to continue his crime and corruption spree if he gets elected again you are the most naïve person on this forum. Seems odd that only one POTUS in the history of the Country has requested absolute immunity. Leopards don't change their spots. Trump is a one man crime wave and just got a free pass.

No other POTUS in our history has been indicted so it was never in front of the courts. Anyone that didn't assume POTUS had general immunity hasn't been paying attention to history.

No POTUS in history until Joe Biden weaponized the DOJ to persecute their political rivals and their supporters.

Which is why he isn't getting anywhere near the White House again

It would appear it is “White House Staff” that is throwing the hissy fit.

Did you read the tweet?

Reactions: McDad
He might have REQUESTED absolute immunity; but he didn’t GET absolute immunity. He got the same immunity that Congress gets, ie immunity form official acts as defined by the Constitution
And before it all said and done; people will eventually realize how much this helps Biden once he leaves office

Reactions: whodeycin85

VN Store

Back