Democrats are starting to panic

No argument here. With that, I would hope some of the demonization of the profession would go away. That would lend towards more qualified candidates who hopefully do a better job. I'm sure there have been a lot of young people with good ambitions be turned away from law enforcement with the constant negative rhetoric recently.
What I keep seeing is the ability of the police to turn off either the audio or the camera when they feel like. In my opinion the camera and audio should roll 100% of the time and if an officer wants to turn it off he can, but it still records and a judge can unlock it. That would make some corrupt cop's head explode.

Reactions: AM64
I believe the issue here is that they only changed their stance once they realized that it was an unmitigated disaster, and unpopular with almost everyone. This was an outcome that anyone with a room temperature IQ could see. This was never about doing the right thing with them, it was about doing what would get them more votes. Hence, pandering.
Bingo, and boom

What I keep seeing is the ability of the police to turn off either the audio or the camera when they feel like. In my opinion the camera and audio should roll 100% of the time and if an officer wants to turn it off he can, but it still records and a judge can unlock it. That would make some corrupt cop's head explode.
They do that because FOIA would mean that anyone could get camera footage of officers using the bathroom or talking to their families on their cell phones or even follow their way home to see where they live. It’s not 100% all or nothing

Reactions: AM64
They do that because FOIA would mean that anyone could get camera footage of officers using the bathroom or talking to their families on their cell phones or even follow their way home to see where they live. It’s not 100% all or nothing

There's a reasonable compromise. Body cams must be on for any and all public interactions. No body cam on you can't do ****.

Hence the need for a judge.

VN Store

Back