Do you Run?……Walk?….Bike?…..Swim?…..yoga?…..lift weights? What’s your workout plan?

Week 2 of my 10k program done. My splits from today are below. I finished this week but I don't know if I'll continue. My lower back is getting pretty fatigued from the running and I think it's affecting my squatting.
1000005601.jpg

Week 2 of my 10k program done. My splits from today are below. I finished this week but I don't know if I'll continue. My lower back is getting pretty fatigued from the running and I think it's affecting my squatting.
View attachment 673574
You’re not getting any younger. Drop the weight lifting and switch to all body weight/yoga. Your body will thank you when you’re older.
Ask me how I know

You’re not getting any younger. Drop the weight lifting and switch to all body weight/yoga. Your body will thank you when you’re older.
Ask me how I know
I hear ya but I really love it. I'm not dismissing what it has done to you at all, but it is by far my favorite way to exercise and to drop it would be too demotivating. I'm not going to chase higher weights forever. My plan is to try to get to a level of strength I'm happy with and then focus on maintaining that.

I probably will start yoga at some point. I've been wanting to add a yoga day but I just don't have time for classes with two little kids and a job that keeps me busy. I've been thinking about following something online but I don't exactly know where to start. Any recommendations?

Reactions: Orangeslice13
The advice of my dental surgeon has kept me off the bike this week. I may resume riding this coming Sunday. We’ll see.

I hear ya but I really love it. I'm not dismissing what it has done to you at all, but it is by far my favorite way to exercise and to drop it would be too demotivating. I'm not going to chase higher weights forever. My plan is to try to get to a level of strength I'm happy with and then focus on maintaining that.

I probably will start yoga at some point. I've been wanting to add a yoga day but I just don't have time for classes with two little kids and a job that keeps me busy. I've been thinking about following something online but I don't exactly know where to start. Any recommendations?
Believe it or not the P90x yoga video is a really good place to start it’s more man yoga so still going after strength as well as flexibility. When I was late 30s early 40s I was working out with my sons who were playing middle school and high school football. I was benching 5 sets of 6 with 95 pound dumbbells. Failure at 6 on sets 4 and 5.
I wish I had never done that. I’ve spent the last 4 years repairing the damage to shoulders and knees from heavy lifting.
Hurrah for the cold plunge
Lol

Believe it or not the P90x yoga video is a really good place to start it’s more man yoga so still going after strength as well as flexibility. When I was late 30s early 40s I was working out with my sons who were playing middle school and high school football. I was benching 5 sets of 6 with 95 pound dumbbells. Failure at 6 on sets 4 and 5.
I wish I had never done that. I’ve spent the last 4 years repairing the damage to shoulders and knees from heavy lifting.
Hurrah for the cold plunge
Lol
Believe it or not I have an old set of p90x dvd's. My only problem with it is that it's an hour and a half. Any half hour routines you can recommend?

So….when to heated advanced flow yoga yesterday.
Decided to go strong or not at all. Hour long class. We killed it. The dungeon master called “final break and then we run one last series “ I’m feeling pretty good so I drank so water and got ready. As we stand up to do the right side I got light headed. So I went back down to a seated posture on my knees. Half way through I tried to pick it back up. Still dizzy back to seated. Left side, I stood up and my vision went white. I returned to seated then leaned forward to Childs pose and everything went black. I wasn’t out very long but that added to the collection.
I’ve been ktfo in football, wrestling, tkd, BJJ, Baseball and now yoga.
So this morning I got up and thought “F it, let’s do power yoga.” Red is always down for a challenge so we went.
Hard heated power yoga is awesome and I made it through.

What doesn’t kill you, doesn’t kill you.

Reactions: Tin Man
So….when to heated advanced flow yoga yesterday.
Decided to go strong or not at all. Hour long class. We killed it. The dungeon master called “final break and then we run one last series “ I’m feeling pretty good so I drank so water and got ready. As we stand up to do the right side I got light headed. So I went back down to a seated posture on my knees. Half way through I tried to pick it back up. Still dizzy back to seated. Left side, I stood up and my vision went white. I returned to seated then leaned forward to Childs pose and everything went black. I wasn’t out very long but that added to the collection.
I’ve been ktfo in football, wrestling, tkd, BJJ, Baseball and now yoga.
So this morning I got up and thought “F it, let’s do power yoga.” Red is always down for a challenge so we went.
Hard heated power yoga is awesome and I made it through.

What doesn’t kill you, doesn’t kill you.
That doesn't sound healthy, are you sure that's safe?

That doesn't sound healthy, are you sure that's safe?
Yup.
If your mind isn’t right. If you don’t focus your attention, energy, and breathing you won’t make it.
It’s as much about mental toughness as it is physical toughness.
I started cold plunge about a year ago. Heated yoga about 6 months ago. I feel better than I have in years.

Reactions: Tin Man

VN Store

Back