Drivers in Tennessee will have immunity for hitting a protester

Upon further research, there is a major red flag with this bill:

Tennessee General Assembly Legislation

"Criminal Offenses - As introduced, increases the penalty for obstructing a highway from a Class B or C misdemeanor to a Class E felony and makes other related changes; creates the offense of throwing an object at another while participating in a riot; creates the offense of intimidating or harassing another while participating in a riot. - Amends TCA Title 8; Title 39; Title 40; Title 54 and Title 55. "

This part of the bill is very much open to interpretation. You could say my opinion intimidates you therefore that's a crime.

This also tells me you didn't read the other parts in this bill.

Who defines that now?
Getting in people’s faces and surrounding them while they are walking or surrounding and blocking and banging on people’s cars while they are simply trying to go about their lives is wrong and criminal. No one cares the things they say except for the actual criminal elements of “fighting words” for assault

Upon further research, there is a major red flag with this bill:

Tennessee General Assembly Legislation

"Criminal Offenses - As introduced, increases the penalty for obstructing a highway from a Class B or C misdemeanor to a Class E felony and makes other related changes; creates the offense of throwing an object at another while participating in a riot; creates the offense of intimidating or harassing another while participating in a riot. - Amends TCA Title 8; Title 39; Title 40; Title 54 and Title 55. "

This part of the bill is very much open to interpretation. You could say my opinion intimidates you therefore that's a crime.
Again actions are not opinions. This isn’t hard to get

Reactions: AM64
Getting in people’s faces and surrounding them while they are walking or surrounding and blocking and banging on people’s cars while they are simply trying to go about their lives is wrong and criminal. No one cares the things they say except for the actual criminal elements of “fighting words” for assault
That's an interpretation. Of course we all know that ability to interpret would never be abused right?

They're doing exactly what you claimed wasn't being done.

Again actions are not opinions. This isn’t hard to get
Voicing your opinion in a protest is an action though. This gets dangerously close to affecting actually peaceful protests.

Everything else in the bill I don't have a problem with. It's that very vague wording that concerns me.

When's the post time you saw Q followers blocking streets?

I mean, most have jobs, so, they don't have the time to perform such antics.

But they have time to hang out at a "mainly peaceful" protest inside the Capitol building.

That's an interpretation. Of course we all know that ability to interpret would never be abused right?

They're doing exactly what you claimed wasn't being done.
Abused how exactly. If people didn’t block the roadways and restrict others they don’t have anything to worry about. No matter what your beliefs are

Voicing your opinion in a protest is an action though. This gets dangerously close to affecting actually peaceful protests.

Everything else in the bill I don't have a problem with. It's that very vague wording that concerns me.
Voicing your opinion isn’t what the issue is. Blocking people’s freedom of movement is

Reactions: davethevol and AM64
Abused how exactly. If people didn’t block the roadways and restrict others they don’t have anything to worry about. No matter what your beliefs are
That's simply untrue. The bill also criminalizes "intimidating or harassing" which is clearly open to interpretation. Likely by those who simply love the power of it

That's simply untrue. The bill also criminalizes "intimidating or harassing" which is clearly open to interpretation. Likely by those who simply love the power of it
2010 Tennessee Code :: Title 39 - Criminal Offenses :: Chapter 17 - Offenses Against Public Health, Safety and Welfare :: :: Part 3 - Disorderly Conduct and Riots :: :: 39-17-308 - Harassment.

Hate to tell you but the TCA code and standard for intimidation and harassment has been around a long time

So exactly what does this bill offer that was previously not protected? Was that part so important that lawmakers felt it needed to have multiple laws?
The making the restriction others and blocking vehicles a felony

Does this bill address bike riders who intentionally ride side by side or in the middle of the lane and hold up traffic?

If it did it would have my full support. Heck we should get paid for running over them.

You think George Floyd, Michael Brown, etc are examples of actual racism? And I have called our law enforcement multiple times for actual issues. Not made up racism and hurt feelings for felons

Yes, you're a Leo bootlicker.

Reactions: Tyler Durden
Yes, you're a Leo bootlicker.
Not really, just that I actually have an understanding of law, but I guess a Leo is better than being a cancer 😂 and if you think brown and Floyd are examples of actual racism, well you aren’t very bright

VN Store

Back