Electric Vehicles

Cummins acquired a small Canadian company (Hydrogenics) that I had been working with. Hoping to get a PO from Cummins soon, for Hydrogen Deoxo catalyst. Sent them some design help this morning and they asked for another Zoom meeting. Aaaagh!
Lololololol.. I worked for Cummins many moons ago….

But seriously - good luck to you, hope it works out!

Reactions: AM64 and RavinDave
Kenworth and Frieghtliners. Cummins isn’t even an option in the Fls but it would be 2024 before I could get a KW with a Cummins
Yea Freightliner is Detroit Diesel, but you can actually get one with a CM in it. Probably gonna pay for that though.

You look at Peterbilt or just KW?

7a4a3257-adac-4602-a926-d02fe34d1fb1_1024x1024.jpg
s-l300.jpg

Nuclear is a hard sell for power generation companies, and probably and impossible task to sell to investors because of the licensing and long construction process. There's interest in mini reactors, but why would you really want to go small scale if you face all the licensing and siting issues that you would for say a plant generating 1000 MWatts? And you have no idea how long court battles can tie it all up before the plant can power a light bulb. I'm all for nuclear power - that's my field, but some obstacles have to be removed, and it will probably take government financing to make new plants happen. The other thing is the inefficiency and disruption by solar and wind, and NG generation being quick and easy to build by comparison. Logically you would use nuclear for baseload and NG for peaking if you are determined to use unstable sources like solar.
Thanks for the detailed response. Since you are in the field, how would you go about making nuclear power a more tenable solution?

Reactions: AM64
It is abundant, elemental and combustible.

Hydrogen fuel should be better than NG.
Very efficient and is the cleanest burning fuel possible, producing no exhaust except water vapor. The only drawback is handling. To get enough storage to be useful you either have to compress the gas to a pressure requiring very thick and heavy tankage or else you have to liquify it to dangerously cold cryogenic temperatures

Reactions: McDad and AM64
Rivian is looking to build some Muti-billion battery plant in Social Circle GA, and the residents dont want them and taking to court. On top of the CCP battery plant just built in Commerce, GA. Spoke to an MC a couple of weeks ago and he said the safety protocols during the build were soooo bad construction crew were walking of the job. It should be finished by now, but when I asked about production hazards to the community he did not know. Sounds like the CCP spirit is alive and well in US

Maybe we could accuse the CCP of slave labor in GA ... some minority other than Asian, of course. Could get interesting even if there's no proof. Of course, the claim couldn't come from a white guy or a competing Asian.

Reactions: Orangeburst
That new range will not be the same as a 3 year range either. Just like your phone or whatever. I bet after so many years range would be reduced in half.

Maybe Tesla will just throttle the car and features like Apple was doing when batteries started to fade (think I remember that right).

Reactions: Orangeburst
My truck is 10 years old this year and has 67k miles on it. I’m fine on fuel costs. 😎

Got you beat. I filled up today (should have done it sooner) between half and 1/4 tank ... seems like 11.something gallons at $4.59 for the required premium. I keep a little book ... yeah, I know. Last fill was in mid January, and the car (2010) has 57K on the odometer. The joys of being retired and not commuting.

VN Store

Back