Electric Vehicles

Man, I love my 2001 Silverado. A paid for, well-maintained, gas-powered vehicle from which the government gets very little additional money off me. Especially in light of I do not care to pay for someone else's virtue signalling.
I feel the same way about my F-150 with 245,000 miles and counting.

You think electric vehicles are just expensive? Wait till you're constantly charging batteries, and the process to get new batteries, and getting rid of the old ones. There's pros and cons to it all, and this picture isn't a car, but I work on battery and gas golf carts and stuff, and it's 90 percent the battery powered that has problems.of that, it's usually the batteries 80 percent of the time, and they're not cheap.IMG_20220308_141313598.jpg

Rivian is looking to build some Muti-billion battery plant in Social Circle GA, and the residents dont want them and taking to court. On top of the CCP battery plant just built in Commerce, GA. Spoke to an MC a couple of weeks ago and he said the safety protocols during the build were soooo bad construction crew were walking of the job. It should be finished by now, but when I asked about production hazards to the community he did not know. Sounds like the CCP spirit is alive and well in US

Reactions: AM64
I spoke to a stranger for 10 minutes the other day about his Tesla. One it is fast as F. It takes about 30 minutes to charge at a commercial 230/1 outlet. Said it would take days on a home charged 115/1/60 circuit, which is honestly a major hurdle for home owners.
There's a Tesla charging station in one of our Food Lion parking lots. Handle about 10-12 cars maybe. Seems as though folks plug their car in and leave it and come back for it later. Deal breaker for me. Can see some sitting in hte car waiting. 30 minute fill up just to go another 250 miles around town. Another deal breaker. Plus all the dirty energy created to charge a clean energy car.

It's awfully strange how suppressed the argument is about the energy and destruction of hte earth and child labor used to make batteries for cars that can't be disposed of in land fills when spent.

There's a Tesla charging station in one of our Food Lion parking lots. Handle about 10-12 cars maybe. Seems as though folks plug their car in and leave it and come back for it later. Deal breaker for me. Can see some sitting in hte car waiting. 30 minute fill up just to go another 250 miles around town. Another deal breaker. Plus all the dirty energy created to charge a clean energy car.

It's awfully strange how suppressed the argument is about the energy and destruction of hte earth and child labor used to make batteries for cars that can't be disposed of in land fills when spent.

That new range will not be the same as a 3 year range either. Just like your phone or whatever. I bet after so many years range would be reduced in half.

Reactions: Zues1, AM64 and GVF
You think electric vehicles are just expensive? Wait till you're constantly charging batteries, and the process to get new batteries, and getting rid of the old ones. There's pros and cons to it all, and this picture isn't a car, but I work on battery and gas golf carts and stuff, and it's 90 percent the battery powered that has problems.of that, it's usually the batteries 80 percent of the time, and they're not cheap.View attachment 437933

Maybe it's just the picture, but that batt in the left center doesn't look healthy at all...

Reactions: AM64 and joevol33
I love me a lot of customers needing Deoxo designs and catalysts for their Green Hydrogen. Got another Zoom meeting with Cummins in Canada tomorrow.
In 2009 I was part of a FAA work group to learn about hydrogen fuel cells and how it could be applied to our airspace systems. Went all over the country visiting manufacturers who made the stuff. Tech was amazing then. We never got the funding to replace dozens and dozens of diesel engine backups for small systems (like radios). Thanks Obama.

America loves their trucks/sport utes. If you want to sell automobiles in America and be successful at it you’re gonna offer trucks and sport utes.
Enjoy the fuel costs. Even in an EV world its bigger battery or more replacement. I just never understood people complaining about the costs when the multiplier is controlled by them.

You know how much I spend on gas a day, week, two weeks, maybe even out to three? It's all the same answer. I am cheap and I live cheaply, and make decisions accordingly.

If you fill up once a day or once a week you are spending a lot on fuel regardless of the cost of a unit of fuel.

It wouldn’t be long before those free charging stations suddenly have a credit card slot. And I’m sure the gov would just take the loss on funds from the gas tax. We all know that’s just going to create the mileage tax they want to implement now.

Which would require tracking of course.

In 2009 I was part of a FAA work group to learn about hydrogen fuel cells and how it could be applied to our airspace systems. Went all over the country visiting manufacturers who made the stuff. Tech was amazing then. We never got the funding to replace dozens and dozens of diesel engine backups for small systems (like radios). Thanks Obama.
From around 1997 till 2006, working for BASF, I spent about a third of my time on catalysts for fuel cells, mostly the fuel processing side.

Reactions: AM64 and FLVOL_79
I can see it now...The emissions testing will be replaced with EV safety testing. Cant have leaky toxic chems

Enjoy the fuel costs. Even in an EV world its bigger battery or more replacement. I just never understood people complaining about the costs when the multiplier is controlled by them.

You know how much I spend on gas a day, week, two weeks, maybe even out to three? It's all the same answer. I am cheap and I live cheaply, and make decisions accordingly.

If you fill up once a day or once a week you are spending a lot on fuel regardless of the cost of a unit of fuel.
My truck is 10 years old this year and has 67k miles on it. I’m fine on fuel costs. 😎

Reactions: AM64 and hog88
You said what's the beef with electric cars becuase it's all market driven and I pointed out it's not market driven. Never mentioned petroleum industry in my response.

So now deflect instead of "facing that reality" by acknowledging it's not market driven.
It's the same subject, government subsidy. I was told people didnt have issue with the EV side of things, now you are saying its deflection to talk about what people have issue with, the government being involved. Which is it? Government or the EV?

If you want to focus on EV subsidies it sounds like it's just now an issue with this five billion that's yet to be spent? Seems like it's still all market driven if the government requirements hasnt kicked in yet. I think there is a 2026 date that has been thrown around, not sure if that's on the five billion or something else.

I am for cutting everything all the time, it's not deflection to stay consistent.

VN Store

Back