Electric Vehicles

That’s great if it fits you. In my case I need a light truck/SUV for my needs. Hauling my boat and other stuff and traveling. I have yet to see a vehicle in my segment of interest I’d ever consider owning. For a short range day driver with performance interest it’s a much better fit.

What was MSRP on yours $54k? And what is the BEV Fed tax break on that car currently? And I’m just wondering for my own curiosity as I’d guess for you it was just found money and likely didn’t influence your decision.
I looked it up and answered my own question. At the current MSRP prices all Model 3’s qualify for the full $7500 tax break. It is a significant incentive admittedly. But again … picking winners and losers. Don’t blame anybody buying one for taking every cent of the rebate though.

That’s great if it fits you. In my case I need a light truck/SUV for my needs. Hauling my boat and other stuff and traveling. I have yet to see a vehicle in my segment of interest I’d ever consider owning. For a short range day driver with performance interest it’s a much better fit.

What was MSRP on yours $54k? And what is the BEV Fed tax break on that car currently? And I’m just wondering for my own curiosity as I’d guess for you it was just found money and likely didn’t influence your decision.
54995. 7500 credit. And yes, it definitely influenced my decision.

Reactions: NorthDallas40
I looked it up and answered my own question. At the current MSRP prices all Model 3’s qualify for the full $7500 tax break. It is a significant incentive admittedly. But again … picking winners and losers. Don’t blame anybody buying one for taking every cent of the rebate though.
i hate the tax break definition as well as it’s implementation..talk about unequal and deceptive
higher one income the better the net

54995. 7500 credit. And yes, it definitely influenced my decision.
I looked it up like I posted above. Comes out to like $47k for that level of performance. That’s an amazing price point if it fits into your life and home that can’t be ignored. Enjoy it and go make more dumazz Hellcat owners cry 😂

btw..how is the sound system..I used to have a Monsoon in my Jetta..it was so loud and badass
My Honda is meh

and yes I still rock like a teenager
Word is that the M3P has an "unbranded" B&O system. I believe 15 speakers, two amps, and a nice sub. It is probably the most awesome sound I've ever heard in a stock vehicle. The Dolby Immersive sound is really cool too. Loud, crisp, and deep heavy bass.

And yes. I rock it out. The spotify playlist "Bass Arcade" is fun.

I looked it up like I posted above. Comes out to like $47k for that level of performance. That’s an amazing price point if it fits into your life and home that can’t be ignored. Enjoy it and go make more dumazz Hellcat owners cry 😂
It's actually quite unbelievable to have that level of performance at that price. It became a no-brainer once I looked into it.

Tesla 'insider' Breaches Personal Data of more than 75,000 Employees

An insider breached the personal data of 75,735 current and former Tesla employees.

Tesla knew about the breach the day it happened, on May 10, and began notifying affected employees Friday. It cited "insider wrongdoing" as the cause of the breach, which included Social Security numbers.

Tesla 'insider' breaches personal data of more than 75,000 employees

Word is that the M3P has an "unbranded" B&O system. I believe 15 speakers, two amps, and a nice sub. It is probably the most awesome sound I've ever heard in a stock vehicle. The Dolby Immersive sound is really cool too. Loud, crisp, and deep heavy bass.

And yes. I rock it out. The spotify playlist "Bass Arcade" is fun.
15 speakers is nuts

Tesla 'insider' Breaches Personal Data of more than 75,000 Employees

An insider breached the personal data of 75,735 current and former Tesla employees.

Tesla knew about the breach the day it happened, on May 10, and began notifying affected employees Friday. It cited "insider wrongdoing" as the cause of the breach, which included Social Security numbers.

Tesla 'insider' breaches personal data of more than 75,000 employees
I saw this article. It really has nothing to do with EV technology it more has to do with morons in cooperate IT and HR

I’d have to go count the ones in my F250 King Ranch but I think it’s double digits the way Ford counts coaxial speakers and the sub under the rear seat is decent. Many people ding the sub but I find it adequate

wait a minute..i could of counted tri axle Sparkomatics as 3 speakers each in HS? My cred would of skyrocketed..

1692474000179.jpeg

I saw this article. It really has nothing to do with EV technology it more has to do with morons in cooperate IT and HR

If this thread was ONLY about electric vehicle TECHNOLOGY, there wouldn't be any posts about electric vehicle sales figures, electric vehicle prices, or tax credits for electric vehicles.

If this thread was ONLY about electric vehicle TECHNOLOGY, there wouldn't be any posts about electric vehicle sales figures, electric vehicle prices, or tax credits for electric vehicles.
Not really what I said. As I was pointing out it only relates to EVs as it was moron employee at Tesla that did this. That’s all. Just thought it would fit better in another thread

If they work as advertised, like any commodity, they will sell themselves. Worked on me. 12 months ago, I thought they were a passing gimmick. Several friends/reports and some reading opened my mind. Now, I think it's the best car purchase I've ever made.

I've told everybody that the best part about my wife's Tesla was the sales experience- no dealer BS, you pay what everyone pays, and can build the car and order it exactly the way you want it.

Reactions: kiddiedoc
I've told everybody that the best part about my wife's Tesla was the sales experience- no dealer BS, you pay what everyone pays, and can build the car and order it exactly the way you want it.
I really wish all new car sellers would do away with the haggle game. It’s a needless PITA and outdated.

Reactions: AM64 and KptVFL
If they work as advertised, like any commodity, they will sell themselves. Worked on me. 12 months ago, I thought they were a passing gimmick. Several friends/reports and some reading opened my mind. Now, I think it's the best car purchase I've ever made.

Recall the early days of mobile phones (the large, cream colored ones) -- Realtors and others had them, but not the majority of others. If hydrogen takes off, you'll possibly have another option to select from in a few years.

Last edited:
Needs and desired usage matters too. I’d buy one for the Red woman provided we had something else to travel in. But they’re nowhere close to a working operational work truck. I’m simi retired but I still play around as a handyman and taking care of properties. That requires an f250.

I’m looking forward to the black outs when we reach 30% EV and the electrical grid collapses.

As a nation (as Vols or any nation), we ought to consider,

as to what good would this do to our neighbors, families, properties and economy as whole (including diesel/fuel pumps; diesel mechanics, etc) in such event. IMO, it's interesting that this type of forward looking thinking received any Likes.

These are just my opinions (based on past experience and education / reading and watching folks around).

I trust that we can all continue to have open forum discussions (and that the Grid remains running so that this Thread will remain functionally operational for everyone).

That is additional cost for the home wiring. At that’s an 1800 lb battery to push those vehicles. Your EV rose colored glasses are going to crack.

Oh I can’t wait to see the long lines for the $100k+ BEV SUVs, Ronald 😂🤡

And I don’t care about the parking issues that isn’t my line.

Note: it's NIL that needs "the marketing"

Please explain, what good does it serve, to keep referring to me by that name (and also alongside that emoji).

Here's a novel idea (as there is great focus on NIL all over the Board): we can ponder which UT sports player might TVA select, to market its future in EV --

"TVA is helping drive innovation in the Tennessee Valley and helping you drive the newest tech in transportation.

We are excited to be working with a broad coalition of partners to increase the use of electric vehicles (EVs) in the region. Our shared goal is to pave the way for more than 200,000 EVs on Valley roads by 2028."

Electric Vehicles (tva.com)

You’re the one that needs the marketing brochure. Now I really understand how you have to convince yourself you did the right thing 😂

VN Store

Back