Electric Vehicles

Dang. Are those chambered in case you spring a leak in one? Are there inspection/pump out ports?
Yes, airtight bulkheads every 72". Each has a 3/8" bung welded in for pressure test and we can put a tube down in them to pump out if necessary. We also will fill them with water for ballast on the rare occasion that it's need. We do hatch certain sections and we put equipment in them. If we hatch them we put auto bilge pumps in them.

Look at you quoting the national electric code on standard 240VAC plugs! 😀

Yeah there are two common 240VAC plugs. The “dryer plug” is one and there’s one more. The day difference is one plug is 240VAC only with three prongs and the other is 120/240VAC and is a four prong. I don’t do it enough to keep the NEMA styles committed to memory

You know how we used to just change out the "pigtail" on a new dryer to match the outlet. Either you can't do that now, or the guys who deliver appliances just don't want to do the hookup. I wound up changing out the 240 dryer outlet for the currently approved one and had to do the install myself. Wouldn't have been a problem except the wife got the front loaders on pedestals and there are cabinets above. It was a major PITA.

You know how we used to just change out the "pigtail" on a new dryer to match the outlet. Either you can't do that now, or the guys who deliver appliances just don't want to do the hookup. I wound up changing out the 240 dryer outlet for the currently approved one and had to do the install myself. Wouldn't have been a problem except the wife got the front loaders on pedestals and there are cabinets above. It was a major PITA.
Yeah we got front loaders on pedestals too. I hate moving the damn things around.

Reactions: Wireless1 and AM64
Yeah we got front loaders on pedestals too. I hate moving the damn things around.

And for the washer, she got the small one that goes in the pedestal. For the dryer, she got the one with the water line for steam cycle. Because of the utility room arrangement the dryer has to go in first, and do you know how many Y connectors it takes for hot water to two washers and the dryer. If it every leaks, I swear I'm torching the house. The two washer set is heavy ... almost immovable.

And for the washer, she got the small one that goes in the pedestal. For the dryer, she got the one with the water line for steam cycle. Because of the utility room arrangement the dryer has to go in first, and do you know how many Y connectors it takes for hot water to two washers and the dryer. If it every leaks, I swear I'm torching the house. The two washer set is heavy ... almost immovable.

Last year we ditched the pedestals and I stacked them, then built a hall tree and cabinet where the dryer was. I can’t decide which configuration I hated more now.

I changed the pigtail on our dryer the I was 12. Plugged it in and it arced and burnt my shirt collar. Boy was I lucky and not sure what happened. Never will forget that.

Reactions: AM64
Reactions: rekinhavoc

Tesla Profits Plunge 22% as Elon Musk admits the firm 'dug its own grave' with the much-anticipated Cybertruck​

Tesla profits have fallen by 22 percent - as Elon Musk admitted the firm had 'dug its own grave' over the rollout of its ambitious Cybertruck.

Revenue for the third quarter of the year was $23.4 billion down from analysts' expectations of $24.09 billion.

The slump is largely being driven by the company's aggressive price slashing campaign to compete with its growing pool of competitors.

Tesla Recalls Nearly 55,000 Model X Vehicles Over Brake Safety Issue​

Tesla announced a recall for some of its vehicles over a potential brake fluid safety issue.

The recall notice will affect 55,000 of its Model X vehicles from 2021-2023, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) said.

The car may be unable to detect low brake fluid and not display a warning light, failing to comply with the requirements of the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard, NHTSA said.

Could Biden's support for Electric Cars tank his re-election? 'Woke' EVs are now 'political football,' Ford boss warns, as Trump vows to back gasoline engines​

• As the presidential battle appears to be taking the shape of a 2020 rematch, Trump and Biden are facing off on the EV issue
President Joe Biden's support for electric vehicles may tank his re-election chances next year, as the EV rollout continues to run into problems.

In Michigan especially, a swing state that former President Donald Trump won in 2016 and Biden won in 2020, tension over the EV issue has bubbled over into the ongoing UAW strike that continues to impact American car companies.

Tensions only continue to rise as companies like Ford and General Motors spend billions upon billions of dollars designing and building electric vehicles that autoworkers fear may lead to the jeopardization of their jobs.

'They [EVs] have become a political football,' said Ford Motor Chief Executive Officer Jim Farley, as he lamented the increasingly political environment surrounding the subject of electric vehicles.

Could Biden's support for Electric Cars tank his re-election? 'Woke' EVs are now 'political football,' Ford boss warns, as Trump vows to back gasoline engines​

• As the presidential battle appears to be taking the shape of a 2020 rematch, Trump and Biden are facing off on the EV issue
President Joe Biden's support for electric vehicles may tank his re-election chances next year, as the EV rollout continues to run into problems.

In Michigan especially, a swing state that former President Donald Trump won in 2016 and Biden won in 2020, tension over the EV issue has bubbled over into the ongoing UAW strike that continues to impact American car companies.

Tensions only continue to rise as companies like Ford and General Motors spend billions upon billions of dollars designing and building electric vehicles that autoworkers fear may lead to the jeopardization of their jobs.

'They [EVs] have become a political football,' said Ford Motor Chief Executive Officer Jim Farley, as he lamented the increasingly political environment surrounding the subject of electric vehicles.

So vote for Trump to help unions? Lol

The Tesla killer? Toyota's EV breakthrough will allow cars to travel 745 miles on a Single 10 Minute Charge - more than DOUBLE the range of most existing electric vehicles​

• Toyota says its new batteries would offer 745 mile-range and 10-minute charging
Toyota has said it is close to being able to mass manufacture potentially revolutionary solid-state batteries that could offer double the range of existing electric cars.

According to Toyota, cars powered by solid-state batteries could have a range of 745 miles, a charging time of 10 minutes and hit the market in 2027 or 2028.

They have been presented by experts as a revolutionary technology that could bring EVs into the mainstream.

Switching to an electric vehicle is out of reach for many Americans, experts have warned, as a lack of access to charging ports mean they fear being left stranded in shorter-range vehicles.

Reactions: KptVFL

VN Store

Back