Electric Vehicles

I can’t imagine how many fault codes an EV has.

Actually EVs seem like they should be simpler in that respect than what we are driving today. That is the attractive part to me, but the battery life and charging needs are the big detractors as far as the car itself goes. I still can't justify using fuels like NG remotely to generate electric power to run a vehicle vs just using fuel directly in the vehicle ... too much loss in energy conversion and transmission.

For long distance trips, hauling, and towing we need to be pursuing Natural Gas vehicles. Something you've been advocating for years.
If the true reason for the push to eliminate gas/diesel vehicles was reducing pollution they would be pushing for expanding the NG distribution system and NG vehicles.
What do you think of the push for Hydrogen?

I have an older Coleman model. Used that thing camping dozens of times.

Coleman is great for vehicle camping. Propane or white gas

But the absolute best camping stove I've used hands down is the Primus Omnifuel. Canister, white gas, gasoline, diesel or kerosene fields can be used. Heavy, but built like a tank.

The only thing it doesn't burn is alcohol.

I drive a sedan because I don't want to drive a truck on a daily basis, but there are times I'd kill for a truck. The last time I had both it was a PITA between moving one to get to the other and the wife telling me I had too many vehicles. I can see with the new cabs in trucks why a lot of people just go that way and drop the car.
My truck is the four door crew cab. I kick myself for not buying one sooner.

Reactions: AM64
When you buy an EV does the home charging system and installation come with it? What would people that live in apartments do?

It wouldn’t be long before those free charging stations suddenly have a credit card slot. And I’m sure the gov would just take the loss on funds from the gas tax. We all know that’s just going to create the mileage tax they want to implement now.

I spoke to a stranger for 10 minutes the other day about his Tesla. One it is fast as F. It takes about 30 minutes to charge at a commercial 230/1 outlet. Said it would take days on a home charged 115/1/60 circuit, which is honestly a major hurdle for home owners.

It wouldn’t be long before those free charging stations suddenly have a credit card slot. And I’m sure the gov would just take the loss on funds from the gas tax. We all know that’s just going to create the mileage tax they want to implement now.

Not gonna give up that fed gas tax for sure.

I used to work for Ingersoll-Rand and back around 1995 or so and the big thing was remote NG compressor stations I actually saw a UPS NG truck yesterday

VN Store

Back