Electric Vehicles

Not really. I have watched a couple of races.
If you get a chance read up on the technology. The battery pack is a work of art. Won’t ever see the street but I do appreciate the technology. A top fuel dragster won’t ever see the street either but you can still appreciate the horsepower and 4G acceleration

So that sounds like a level 2 charger right? And as long at it fits your needs then it will obviously work for you.
I don't know what "levels" chargers are rated. It's the standard T home charger. A buddy and I put a 60A breaker on a 240 circuit and wired it around the garage door with metal conduit. I prob have $250 in materials.

Nikola Recalls All Battery-Electric Trucks, halts sales after Fire probe

Aug 11 (Reuters) - Nikola (NKLA.O) said on Friday it was recalling all the battery-powered electric trucks that it has delivered till date and is suspending sales after an investigation into recent fires found a coolant leak inside a battery pack as the cause.

Nikola recalls all battery-electric trucks, halts sales after fire probe

If lefties/environmentalists were actually smart, they’d be clamoring for nuclear energy as that would actually give us a CO2 free method of increasing the grid capacity to support a widespread transition to electric vehicles. But no, shut down the coal plants, replace them with inferior capacity renewables that fluctuate constantly, and proceed to watch the rolling blackouts/brownouts ensue. Real smart.

I don't know what "levels" chargers are rated. It's the standard T home charger. A buddy and I put a 60A breaker on a 240 circuit and wired it around the garage door with metal conduit. I prob have $250 in materials.
Yep that’s a level 2. Level 1 is 120VAC and level 2 is 240VAC. And yep on materials I’d do the same thing as I know how to do it. Your Tesla will charge at 11kW if you’re gonna own a Tesla I’d think you gotta spring for the level 2 charging socket in your garage to get the full capability out of the vehicle you paid for.

Tesla did it right. They designed in the capability to use the available wall power on a 240VAC circuit and give their owners the maximum flexibility. One of the examples earlier will only charge at 6kW with a very similar battery size so it would take twice as long to charge. A needless burden on their owners I’d say.

Reactions: AM64 and kiddiedoc
If lefties/environmentalists were actually smart, they’d be clamoring for nuclear energy as that would actually give us a CO2 free method of increasing the grid capacity to support a widespread transition to electric vehicles. But no, shut down the coal plants, replace them with inferior capacity renewables that fluctuate constantly, and proceed to watch the rolling blackouts/brownouts ensue. Real smart.
Put up hydrogen electrolysis separator plants ran from the new micro nuke scalable reactors and go all fuel cell on the EVs. If we’re gonna piss away tax money and actually put in infrastructure let’s do it one time and be done with it.

Reactions: NorthDallas40
Watching this tool trying to equate the amount of ore required to mfg a 1500+ lb battery pack compared to all the considerably smaller electronic devices he keeps marching out has been one of my most enjoyable laughing points in this exchange. 😂

He’s got a 82kW battery in his Tesla and he likely paid for a level 2 charger. It’s going to be around 10 hours for a full range of charge. (Edit: 11kW max AC charge rate that fits an 50A circuit so 6 or 8 hrs depending on battery). Again I don’t need you to tell me how long it takes to charge I can calculate it. You’re the one that needs the marketing brochure. But tell us about your level 1 charger in your Bolt that’s got you all enamored. Then I can go look up the specs and calculate it.

Oh and the truly hilarious part in your post is it’s pretty clear you don’t have a level 2 charger at home. Now I really understand how you have to convince yourself you did the right thing 😂

Speaking of tool, it took a few to install the level 2 --

i.e. My family member who owns the vehicle indeed has a level 2 (Cost of materials was part of the intitial Cost of Vehicle purchase / some type of rebate incentive) -- the level 2 system was installed at the house, within a few days of when the vehicle was purchased.

Like Doc, the charging is absolutely no issue at all (within the parameters of today's current Grid system) -- about as simple as plugging in a Smart Phone.

This particle vehicle is never ran down to near 0-1% charge (such that, it only requires approx 2 hours to get back to 100%).

Last edited:
Watching this tool trying to equate the amount of ore required to mfg a 1500+ lb battery pack compared to all the considerably smaller electronic devices he keeps marching out has been one of my most enjoyable laughing points in this exchange. 😂

No matter what you refer to them as, you should pay attention --

Speaking of tool, it took a few to install the level 2 --

i.e. My family member who owns the vehicle indeed has a level 2 (Cost of materials was part of the intitial Cost of Vehicle purchase / some type of rebate incentive) -- the level 2 system was installed at the house, within a few days of when the vehicle was purchased.

Like Doc, the charging is absolutely no issue at all (within the parameters of today's current Grid system) -- about as simple as plugging in a Smart Phone.

This particle vehicle is never ran down to near 0-1% charge (such that, it only requires approx 2 hours to get back to 100%).
😂🤡 so it’s got a 24kWh battery to fully charge huh Ronald? Or you never drive it more than 50 miles before you plug it back into a level 2 charger. Lol.

IMG_2533.jpeg

Last edited:
Literally, one of the dumbest pieces I've ever read. I'll let someone else dissect it.

"For the record, I'm not in favor of the government banning EVs or e-bikes or just about anything. I just believe that we should make policy decisions based on real and factual risk assessments, not false scares and sensationalism."

"For the record, I'm not in favor of the government banning EVs or e-bikes or just about anything. I just believe that we should make policy decisions based on real and factual risk assessments, not false scares and sensationalism."
If that's true, why is the author including e-bikes and "other devices" in a diatribe against EVs? Do we get any stats breaking down how many actual vehicle fires there were? Why is the only anecdotal story about an e-bike shop? How many were toy hoverboards? Does he have a proofreader to spell check his article before posting?

Reactions: rekinhavoc
If that's true, why is the author including e-bikes and "other devices" in a diatribe against EVs? Do we get any stats breaking down how many actual vehicle fires there were? Why is the only anecdotal story about an e-bike shop? How many were toy hoverboards? Does he have a proofreader to spell check his article before posting?
This is probably about creating a crisis that allows a different ( probably less efficient and more expensive solution that would never be a chosen option) storage technology to flourish.

I am getting a really good chuckle out of this uninformed tool expecting government to make his life better and solve his problems 😂

When you are taking advantage of Medicare, you might feel differently. Ask farmer's about their subsidies and price supports, the needed using Medicaid. The government does a lot of good things whether or not yahoos want to admit it.

😂🤡 so it’s got a 24kWh battery to fully charge huh Ronald? Or you never drive it more than 50 miles before you plug it back into a level 2 charger. Lol.

Perhaps you are confusing the lay people on here, with your electrical engineering degree jargon (sometimes that background is necessary, but not in this case, as the industry-engineers have pretty much figure it out, at this phase) --

it's simple: a "level 2" power adapter of some sort was installed at the house ;

having 100% charge, the vehicle is driven around town, approx 50, 80-120 miles per day (end of day: approx 180 miles is remaining on the charge, but normally not used) ;

every day after usage, after sundown or approximately before or several hours thereafter but usually prior to midnight, the vehic is plugged back into the level 2 charger (just like a smart phone) -- if it's been driven 80 miles, charge time is approx 2-3-4 hours / ready for next day well prior to sunrise of the next day -- the next morning, it's ready to drive (i.e. drive, plug in, unplug, drive, repeat << all from the convenience of "home," just like a Smart Phone or mobile tablet, or electric shaver or drill).

For Cost of level 2 charger: duck duck go it for your area, "cost of level 2 charger for home"

So that sounds like a level 2 charger right? And as long at it fits your needs then it will obviously work for you.

If you get a chance read up on the technology. The battery pack is a work of art. Won’t ever see the street but I do appreciate the technology. A top fuel dragster won’t ever see the street either but you can still appreciate the horsepower and 4G acceleration

Interesting. I've been providing you with industry-related battery technology data (but you refer to it negatively as "marketing brochure" then you turn around and advise others to "read up on" technology).

I am getting a really good chuckle out of this uninformed tool expecting government to make his life better and solve his problems 😂

Again I don’t need you to tell me how long it takes to charge I can calculate it. You’re the one that needs the marketing brochure.

VN Store

Back