EndZone USA communist kickball thread.

And I'll add that they all wish they were pitchers. I'm always amazed when I watch minor league ball (singe-A) at how good the batting is, but the pitching is definitely the weak link. Half-way decent pitchers get moved up.
Glory to the pitchers. So many other ways to get that glory in football or basketball

Reactions: VolNExile
If Willie Mays and Henry Aaron were growing up today, they'd likely never play baseball (or soccer)..

The pay for play in soccer (especially) and baseball has hurt those sports in America....

The Dominican Republic has .0001 of the world's population and a per capital GDP that approximately travel sports annual cost but they have 12% of MLB players.....
I don’t think pay for play has hurt soccer much if at all. Soccer is still a niche sport. Great athletes want to play the other sports, not soccer.

I love soccer, I was part of the original soccer revolution of the 70s that didn’t materialize.

I don’t think pay for play has hurt soccer much if at all. Soccer is still a niche sport. Great athletes want to play the other sports, not soccer.

I love soccer, I was part of the original soccer revolution of the 70s that didn’t materialize.

Part of the reason for lack of elite athletes for soccer and baseball is cost associated.

There's more color at a KKK rally than there is at a high-end travel baseball tourney or soccer tourney.

This isn't a comfortable topic but Willie Mays and Hank Aaron likely don't play baseball if they were born 40 years later....

My son played HS soccer in the mid-late 80s. The basketball coach was his coach. I went to tournament in Kingsport, and my son had to explain the rules to one of the refs.
He still believes it will be the #1 sport in the US one day.
Well, basketball was invented as the first version of indoor soccer, so there’s that.

Tell your son to keep the faith! ❤️

Reactions: Go aeiou
Part of the reason for lack of elite athletes for soccer and baseball is cost associated.

There's more color at a KKK rally than there is at a high-end travel baseball tourney or soccer tourney.

This isn't a comfortable topic but Willie Mays and Hank Aaron likely don't play baseball if they were born 40 years later....
I think your argument can be valid for baseball, I just don’t see it with soccer.

You can look at the percentage of black players in MLB and assume Mays and Aaron may have played other sports. But also, basketball and football grew in popularity - football exponentially- while baseball leveled off and began to decline.

Most elite athletes of the last couple of generations grew up wanting to play pro basketball or football instead of baseball. I do think the cost of baseball is a factor, but not the only one.

I played in the 60s, the nascent nerddom that birthed your 70s bloom. My high school club played one friendly before the principal nixed us for having long hair. “Can’t represent the school unless you cut your hair. Doesn’t matter that you’re just a club without official school support. No haircuts, no club.”

Edit: That was in 1970.

Reactions: Go aeiou
I played in the 60s, the nascent nerddom that birthed your 70s bloom. My high school club played one friendly before the principal nixed us for having long hair. “Can’t represent the school unless you cut your hair. Doesn’t matter that you’re just a club without official school support. No haircuts, no club.”

Edit: That was in 1970.
I needed help wiping my ass in 1970.

Reactions: VolNExile

VN Store

Back