Fantasy Baseball Questions

Definitely thinking about it.

If I understand how this waiver wire works, I basically can pickup anyone I want right now since I'm first. But if I try to pick up another player, I assume I have to pick him up and then allow all the other teams the chance to take him.

Yes

Add Rendon or Arenado. If you have the roster space, you may as well. Arenado in Coors is nice, too.

I dunno Yahoo's rules on player eligibility... how many games would someone need to play somewhere to be eligible?

I'm assuming D'Arnaud is owned. Hmmm. Bogearts probably is too. Could get Barnes or Webster and wait until the Sox need the help, or Stephenson in Cincy. But Archer will pitch more in the majors this year, I think. Kyle Gibson might, too.

Oswaldo Arcia will probably be a Twin sometime this year and he can hit.

Good list here, thanks. I was surprised that Bogearts, Barnes, Webster, Gibson, Arcia all are unowned. I'm gonna go with Arenado in Coors for now and definitely monitor the other guys and see what happens. Tempted to grab Webster though, I think he will be a big time starter down the road.

I like Bogearts the most out of all those but arenado is closer. Webster and Barnes it's hard to tell a difference really.

Definitely in a keeper league. Lots of talent, more k's and plays on a solid team. Zito has just been on fire for a while now, but count me in the skeptical camp.

This one isn't a keeper league.

Personally, I just can't take the plunge on Zito. I know he has the big curve, he plays in a big park, faces the Padres often, but he was sooooo bad for a stretch there and he throws like 85.

But hey, no denying he's on a helluva roll now and you aren't playing for money so why not right.

After reading VN's thoughts about dumping Halladay, I reclaimed him this am. He made it through waivers. He has had a solid performance today.

After reading VN's thoughts about dumping Halladay, I reclaimed him this am. He made it through waivers. He has had a solid performance today.
Yes he did. For now, I'm happy I held him.

Looking for 1B/3B help, which hot pitcher should I try to get something out of?

Lester
Buchholz
Masterson
A. Sanchez

One. Im trying to work out something, but he doesn't really have what I'm looking for. I have six SP's in the top 10 including Kershaw, who isn't for trade, and Maholm. Just trying to.figure who to deal.

Im in first, so I don't have to do anything, but still trying to upgrade Rizzo, in a 10 team mixed, non keeper. Really trying to get something for a hot pitcher while I can. Just trying to decide who. He had Allen Craig, but traded him. Someone like him would be perfect

Goldschmidt would be a good one to get. And only play Rizzo against RHPs. But, cheaper, maybe Konerko?

I would own Shelby Miller over zito. I always take raw stuff over deception though. Miller will definitely have a positive K/rate and a much higher ceiling than zito. Also backed by a pretty good lineup for Ws

Looking for 1B/3B help, which hot pitcher should I try to get something out of?

Lester
Buchholz
Masterson
A. Sanchez

Masterson and Sanchez would be the two best "sell high" candidates as I think Lester is gonna have a great year. Buccholz as well. My order, based on who I'd prefer to keep vs. what I could realistically get in return:

1. Lester (Only for a top 20 CI)
2. Buchholz (Similar to Lester)
3. Sanchez (Probably your best option to trade and get a good return)
4. Masterson (Most expendable, least valuable)

VN Store

Back