Fantasy Baseball Questions

Just listening to reports about him losing 2 MPH on his fastball coupled with poor mechanics equals downhill slide. The way he has pitched this year has been an avalanche.

This is my first year doing fantasy baseball, and I was one of those guys that drafted Weaver...now I'm looking for someone I can plug in to his spot that won't hurt me.

Griffin and Jeremy Guthrie are both available in my league. Should I grab one of them or trade for more of a known commodity? I will say I've got Strasburg and Wainright on my staff right now. Cobb, Ryu, and Masterson are also guys that have done well for me so far. I'd probably drop Hellickson or Teheran if I grabbed someone from free agency...

This is my first year doing fantasy baseball, and I was one of those guys that drafted Weaver...now I'm looking for someone I can plug in to his spot that won't hurt me.

Griffin and Jeremy Guthrie are both available in my league. Should I grab one of them or trade for more of a known commodity? I will say I've got Strasburg and Wainright on my staff right now. Cobb, Ryu, and Masterson are also guys that have done well for me so far. I'd probably drop Hellickson or Teheran if I grabbed someone from free agency...

I picked up Griffin and Maholm and both have been lights out.

Looking for some suggestions for my 12 team roto league with deep rosters...

I have room right now to hold about 4 minor league guys in the event they can contribute this year and even have room to keep 2-3 of them going forward. Off the top of my head here are a few guys I'm debating rostering. Anyone think these guys, or any others I might be missing are worth stashing this year or keeping moving forward? *A lot of guys like Profar, Billy Hamilton etc have already been added*

Arenado, Yelich, Rendon

Cingrani, Wacha, Hultzen, Taillon, Wheeler

Looking for impact prospects this year, or guys that should def be contributing next year. Dbake I expect a full report on this ASAP. :hi:

Looking for some suggestions for my 12 team roto league with deep rosters...

I have room right now to hold about 4 minor league guys in the event they can contribute this year and even have room to keep 2-3 of them going forward. Off the top of my head here are a few guys I'm debating rostering. Anyone think these guys, or any others I might be missing are worth stashing this year or keeping moving forward? *A lot of guys like Profar, Billy Hamilton etc have already been added*

Arenado, Yelich, Rendon

Cingrani, Wacha, Hultzen, Taillon, Wheeler

Looking for impact prospects this year, or guys that should def be contributing next year. Dbake I expect a full report on this ASAP. :hi:

Matt Adams (majors) and Oscar Taveras (minors) of the Cardinals.

Dylan Bundy-Orioles
Nick Castellanos-Tigers

Some Gattis fella.

Matt Adams (majors) and Oscar Taveras (minors) of the Cardinals.

Dylan Bundy-Orioles
Nick Castellanos-Tigers

Some Gattis fella.

Good call on Adams, I think he could be pretty good with some regular AB's.

The rest are all already scooped up with the exception of Castellanos.

Good call on Adams, I think he could be pretty good with some regular AB's.

The rest are all already scooped up with the exception of Castellanos.

Yaisel Puig-Dodgers is another to keep an eye on, but I'd imagine he's already taken as well.

Yelich is hurt right now and that's always tricky with prospects.

Based on when they would come up + talent I would rank the pitchers Wheeler(add him asap), Cole, Gausman. I love Taillon, have since the draft, but I don't know if he would be up until 2014. Bundy's elbow makes it an unknown, Hultzen has less overall upside, and I think the Mariners will be most patient with Walker.

Position prospects, idk if Oscar Taveras is available but everyone loves him. Zunino would be one to add... I think he'll be up after all the super two or whatever dates are passed.

It just depends on how long you're willing to wait on guys... Dunno if you're looking for only 2013 impact guys. There are guys I like a lot but I know they'll be better real life than fantasy players right off the bat... not sure if you'd want them.

Four spots for 2013?

Wheeler, Zunino, Taveras, Cole.

If they're available, take them and go. Guys that won't have an impact until 2014 and beyond, like Baez/Soler/Buxton, should stay available. And guys that are better real life than fantasy like Lindor aren't as sought after.

I obviously have to love Rendon he just gets hurt a lot and doesn't have a clear spot. I really dunno on him, hate to say.

Chris Archer is another one that will probably pitch in the majors this year.

And I'm beginning to <3 Robert Stephenson but don't tell VITnati

Last edited:
Wheeler I'm definitely going to add, he has been struggling and went for an MRI I just read, but its on his finger because of a blister? I dunno, not too concerned about that, I agree he should be owned. I like Rendon also, watched a few spring AB's he looks like the real deal, but has to wait his turn I guess. Would add him and/or Arenado, but I have Miggy and Freese now so 3B is my best position depth wise.

Everyone else mentioned is owned, except Soler (Baez and Buxton aren't in my yahoo pool yet)

Add Rendon or Arenado. If you have the roster space, you may as well. Arenado in Coors is nice, too.

I dunno Yahoo's rules on player eligibility... how many games would someone need to play somewhere to be eligible?

I'm assuming D'Arnaud is owned. Hmmm. Bogearts probably is too. Could get Barnes or Webster and wait until the Sox need the help, or Stephenson in Cincy. But Archer will pitch more in the majors this year, I think. Kyle Gibson might, too.

Oswaldo Arcia will probably be a Twin sometime this year and he can hit.

So, I've admitted I don't know much about baseball and haven't followed it very closely the last several years. But it's something I enjoy and I invested in MLB.tv this year so I plan to watch a lot. I decided having a couple of fantasy teams would only increase my enjoyment. I plan to start a league in the next week or two with my son but before that happens I figured I better go through a draft and start educating myself---quickly.

I think I posted this in another thread, but any preference of who has the best online leagues? Mobile tools are important and I wouldn't mind making the father/son league having at least a few keepers.

Tonight, I jumped in an ESPN lobby and drafted a team. There are ten teams in this league and I will post the scoring rules and my roster. I'm looking for any type of feedback I can get including roster moves, strategies, etc. I plan on sticking with this team for better or worse.

I drafted last and I had back-to-back selections. Somehow I missed the deadline once and it auto-picked two players for me, which was aggravating. Again, I'm a noob so be gentle. There are some solid players available in the league and I do have the top spot in the waiver order FWIW.

rules.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-04-13 at 5.02.59 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-04-13 at 5.02.59 AM.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 4

VN Store

Back