Fantasy Baseball Questions

Masterson and Sanchez would be the two best "sell high" candidates as I think Lester is gonna have a great year. Buccholz as well. My order, based on who I'd prefer to keep vs. what I could realistically get in return:

1. Lester (Only for a top 20 CI)
2. Buchholz (Similar to Lester)
3. Sanchez (Probably your best option to trade and get a good return)
4. Masterson (Most expendable, least valuable)

How did you conclude Masterson as the least valuable?

pitcher scoring is based on fielding-independent pitching so home runs **** you hard. I wish there were someone better to just drop him for, whether I am contending or not.

Am I starting James McDonald tonight, or no?

It is at PNC, and even with his complete collapse in the second half of last season I can still only name a few bad outings at PNC (SDG and Cubs x2). That being said he is a lot like playing russian roulette so who knows
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Sanchez is the safest pick of those four, to me.

Also, vol2013, we know you love Dools but you can probably change your thing under the username if you so desire.

Good point, completely forgot I had even changed that. Am always on mobile and don't see it
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Lester and Buch are the real deal in my opinion, as biased as it is hah I am a huge Masterson fan as well, he is a tough pitcher and I think Francona will be a great manager for him. I like that Indians team aside from Jason freakin Kipnis right now.

That Jmac debate is killing me right now too, I really don't want to start him tonight, but I would be pissed to miss out on 7 innings of one run ball with like 7 k's. If you guys want I'll bench him tonight to guarantee that line for you.

I have to be careful with my questions now that I'm playing against some fellow VolNationals. Don't want to tip my hand, or lack thereof.

I am really liking that how that Hanrahan trade has worked out thus far. It also adds to his fantasy value that Hurdle recently said he doesn't want Grilli pitching more that 3 days in a row, but is fine with Melancon going 5 days and Melancon will be given the save opportunity in those situations

I picked up David Ortiz in my roto league. He cleared waivers and was just sitting there as a free agent. I think he still has a lot of value at 37 years old, considering the numbers he put up last year.

I believe he's supposed to be back in the lineup very soon.

Any thoughts on Brandon Crawford?

He's not going to give you much power. His career best year home run wise was 10 in the minors, and I looked it up the other day and he's actually only hit one or two home runs in his career off lefties. Not going to give you many steals either. Not a bad average guy, though I bet he finishes below the .315 he is at now.

9 by 9 head to head.. 12 team league and i have been offered Josh Hamilton and David Freese for Beltre.. My gut tells me yes but just need some input

9 by 9 head to head.. 12 team league and i have been offered Josh Hamilton and David Freese for Beltre.. My gut tells me yes but just need some input

I have Beltre and he has not produced like I had hoped. Freese is starting to get warm. Hamilton will put up the numbers eventually. That line up he's in will protect him. I wouldn't hesitate.

Hamilton was a top 20 pick pretty much everywhere. He will more than make up the difference between Beltre and Freese. Run, do not walk, and accept that trade.

I picked up Chris Johnson (no one had claimed yet) yesterday. Have Beltre already, offered up Freese for Betancourt and was accepted. Good move? I have been lacking in RP. He has 7 saves this year.

VN Store

Back