Fantasy Baseball Questions

Thoughts on Barry Zito?

I picked him up in my league. Done pretty good thus far. I noticed you had Halladay, he has been awful. I dumped him. Probably too soon but all the experts are saying he may be done.

I picked him up in my league. Done pretty good thus far. I noticed you had Halladay, he has been awful. I dumped him. Probably too soon but all the experts are saying he may be done.

Halladay is one of the one's I missed that got auto drafted. I'm debating holding him for another couple starts.

Good roster freak. Closers are usually pretty consistent with scoring like that.

Zito is something like 11-0 in his last 16 starts dating back to last season with a good ERA and WHIP to boot and he had a solid post-season last year. Not a lot of strikeouts, but he's on a solid SF team and is a solid pick.

However, given that your league penalizes pitchers for walks, that would make me slightly more hesitant about adding Zito. Medlen has been a little wild so far this season also.

Freak I have Matt Carpenter in one league and the cards fans would know better, but if he gains eligibility at 2b that could really help you. Uggla could be a drag in a format like yours with points lost for strikeouts.

Freak I have Matt Carpenter in one league and the cards fans would know better, but if he gains eligibility at 2b that could really help you. Uggla could be a drag in a format like yours with points lost for strikeouts.

Was definitely watching the 2B thing with Carpenter. Probably a good point on Uggla.

However, given that your league penalizes pitchers for walks, that would make me slightly more hesitant about adding Zito. Medlen has been a little wild so far this season also.

Still seems like the positives might outweigh the negatives. And I'm not sure there are any starting pitchers available with Zito's resume.

You think? I'm not convinced its that great. Any suggestions?

Yeah, I've won leagues with about 6 closers. Have about 3 or 4 dependable starters, then about 5 or 6 good closers is what I like to do in points leagues like that. Watch the Dodgers and Royals situation closely, Jansen and Herrera, if given the opportunity, will be elite. They are 8th inning guys right now.

Yeah, I've won leagues with about 6 closers. Have about 3 or 4 dependable starters, then about 5 or 6 good closers is what I like to do in points leagues like that. Watch the Dodgers and Royals situation closely, Jansen and Herrera, if given the opportunity, will be elite. They are 8th inning guys right now.

I'll keep that in mind. Thanks.

Is a backup catcher worth considering? Not sure if the position is worth trying to maximize at bats, or not.

And what about Soriano? Any value there? He's off to a dreadful start.

Is a backup catcher worth considering? Not sure if the position is worth trying to maximize at bats, or not.

No. I usually have one or no bench position players also. I use those spots on pitchers

In 10 team leagues, I tend to not keep any reserve pitchers unless I wind up with pitchers that are too valuable to drop. You can usually find capable replacements on waivers. As far as your catching situation, you can take advantage of Mauer's multi-position eligibility and move him around to 1B/CI. I'm not sold on Morneau and wouldn't be inclined (personally) to have him starting at all times, but I guess it would depend on who else could you get at catcher. Would they be more valuable than Morneau?

Here are the top available catchers sorted by 2013 production in my league.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-04-13 at 10.51.20 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-04-13 at 10.51.20 AM.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 6
Here are the available pitchers sorted by total fantasy points in my league this season.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-04-13 at 10.53.38 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-04-13 at 10.53.38 AM.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 8
I'd pick up Zito

Definitely thinking about it.

If I understand how this waiver wire works, I basically can pickup anyone I want right now since I'm first. But if I try to pick up another player, I assume I have to pick him up and then allow all the other teams the chance to take him.

I also just noticed there's a 12-game limit on pitchers each week but it only seems to count starters.

VN Store

Back