Fantasy Baseball Questions

Yea I really like Bailey, Hosmer and Desmond, but now his pitching staff will be Price, Gio, Harvey, Sale, Zimmerman, Haren...stacking young arms I respect it, but I just feel like there is so much quality pitching out there its easy enough to get during the season. I'll always lean to hitters over pitchers.

Yea I really like Bailey, Hosmer and Desmond, but now his pitching staff will be Price, Gio, Harvey, Sale, Zimmerman, Haren...stacking young arms I respect it, but I just feel like there is so much quality pitching out there its easy enough to get during the season. I'll always lean to hitters over pitchers.

Any smart fantasy player should. Hitters are much more consistent and reliable from year to year.

Which is why I shipped Gallardo out sooner rather than later even though I love him. If he has a great year this year, whatever, probably wasn't gonna win the league anyway. And if he totally tanks he is really dead weight in the style of league I'm in. Best return I could get.

Yea I like the Gallardo move, another guy that just seems to never live up to the ability. Gotta be a shrewd GM in this fake baseball life.

Well I'm also in a league where the scoring very much penalizes HRs... so if he goes south it'll be awful. Even if he had a really good year I wouldn't get better return than that at the deadline.

One acquisition left for this week. Should I pick up Brandon Moss and play him over Moustakis? Or use my number one waiver priority and get Salvy Perez and drop Mike Napoil at Catcher?

Moss will face a LHP tonight then Scherzer, Verlander. Hmmm. Why not keep Napoli and grab Salvy?

That's the way I'm leaning. Someone gave up on him too early.

Last edited:
Jason Kipnis. I ended up investing heavy with him this year on a couple teams, is he any good? Obviously its early, but I can't get a read on him, I think he was possibly waaay overrated going into this year.

Hit .260 last year with 10+ home runs and 75+ RBIs. Not sure he's going to provide you much more than that on a year to year basis as that was really his first real year getting full time at bats at age 25. I don't believe his ceiling is much higher.

Hit .260 last year with 10+ home runs and 75+ RBIs. Not sure he's going to provide you much more than that on a year to year basis as that was really his first real year getting full time at bats at age 25. I don't believe his ceiling is much higher.

He was injured the second half.

I'll sign up for his line last year in a second. Anywhere in the neighborhood of 80 runs and rbis with 15 hrs and 30 steals I don't care if he hits 250.

I'm just far from confident in him, but I do like their lineup this year.

Play in a league that uses something beyond batting average.

I can honestly say, I feel like I've never even seen Kipnis hit. I have neverrrrr been able to get a feel on him at all.

Play in a league that uses something beyond batting average.

I can honestly say, I feel like I've never even seen Kipnis hit. I have neverrrrr been able to get a feel on him at all.

This is exactly where I'm coming from.

As for the other point, I've been trying to convince my big league to switch from avg to obp/ops for a couple years now with no luck.

Tell them they're all ****ing idiots and sleep with their mothers intermittently until they switch.

He had 672 plate appearances. I assume you're saying he was dealing with nagging injuries in the 2nd half?

Yea, plus with all their additions this year, Bourn, Swisher, a healthy Asdrubal and Santana, I was banking on more production. Its still real early, but haven't seen it yet.

Or text them every single time any player they own walks and say "shame you don't get credit for that in fantasy."

VN Store

Back