Florida granting teaching licenses to military + spouses.

So you’re admitting you now have no problems with this law or would you like to tell me what part of it you are claiming reads that way
In an effort to combat teacher shortages, the Florida Department of Education is enlisting military personnel and veterans to teach in the state’s classrooms without a bachelor’s degree requirement.

Requirements for the five-year temporary teaching certificates for veterans include:

So you admit you really haven't a clue?

In an effort to combat teacher shortages, the Florida Department of Education is enlisting military personnel and veterans to teach in the state’s classrooms without a bachelor’s degree requirement.

Requirements for the five-year temporary teaching certificates for veterans include:

So you admit you really haven't a clue?

What am I missing here? I don’t have a clue about what and what do you think you just showed me?

Unless it’s just that you were wrong

Attachments

• 76B1E527-E14A-46DD-9AF8-D31B77FBC9D8.jpeg
    76B1E527-E14A-46DD-9AF8-D31B77FBC9D8.jpeg
    339.1 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: 82_VOL_83
It's really not though. That's the problem with surface level thinking.
Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. I would venture that 90% of everything involved with a government entity is overly complex by design. It's not that hard. And if your 'surface level thinking' comment was meant as a zinger, it only makes me chuckle at the absurdity of all this that you revel in.

Look at the tax code for a glaring example of government stupidity. To use your continuum nonsense.... schools fall somewhere on that line.

#1 is the key part. I would also believe years 3-4 are more difficult than 1-2 in most majors. At least that was true for mine
You were all about the GPA earlier. At least we put that silliness to bed.

The hours “minimum requirement” outrage is silly too.

What is really upsetting you here?
Is it the conservative angle of all this?

Dude has been all over the place. You forgot his supposed disgust with pandering, which he went to for a little while.

Pandering through lower standards. The right used to mock it

We should hope to have more qualified teachers in the classrooms not less.

Dude has been all over the place. You forgot his supposed disgust with pandering, which he went to for a little while.
My argument has been consistent. The pandering is obvious given the multiple paragraphs in the release devoted to how they're serving and honoring the military

My argument has been consistent. The pandering is obvious given the multiple paragraphs in the release devoted to how they're serving and honoring the military

Consistently stupid.

You’re first offering was “they aren’t qualified to work at my kids preschool”.

Again, who is “they”?

Are you claiming that every person with a bachelor’s degree is a better teacher than any military spouse? That would be a stupid claim. I am confident there are military spouses with great talent. Some have taught home school. Some have run a business. Managed a business for someone. Etc. Your take is really just close minded stupidity.

Consistently stupid.

You’re first offering was “they aren’t qualified to work at my kids preschool”.

Again, who is “they”?

Are you claiming that every person with a bachelor’s degree is a better teacher than any military spouse? That would be a stupid claim. I am confident there are military spouses with great talent. Some have taught home school. Some have run a business. Managed a business for someone. Etc. Your take is really just close minded stupidity.
Is "they" really that confusing to you? It's the people who would be able to qualify for this but wouldn't otherwise. I thought that was really obvious

I have never made the claims you keep trying to pin on me. It's a really lazy way to debate where you attach a false attribute to someone then attack it

Pandering through lower standards. The right used to mock it

We should hope to have more qualified teachers in the classrooms not less.
Call out the pandering. That’s fine.

I’m not seeing the “quality” concerns here, especially compared to Teach For America.

Are we upset over the “who” here?

Call out the pandering. That’s fine.

I’m not seeing the “quality” concerns here, especially compared to Teach For America.

Are we upset over the “who” here?
Good grief I'm not upset? Why are you so attached to that? You all are funny with this 🤣

A person who graduated is most likely a better candidate than one who didn't. There's a big difference in the qualifications

Not really based on seeing the quality in a school with the requirement vs one without

Teachers 20yrs ago didn't need degrees?
Did I say 20 years ago teachers did not need degrees? Or did I call out a specific degree?

Which one did I clearly say?

Last edited:
Is "they" really that confusing to you? It's the people who would be able to qualify for this but wouldn't otherwise. I thought that was really obvious

I have never made the claims you keep trying to pin on me. It's a really lazy way to debate where you attach a false attribute to someone then attack it

“They” is a lazy term used when you have no real argument. There isn’t a “they”. There are individuals. This policy opens up the jobs to more individuals. That is a good thing.

Clutching pearls cause the government removed barriers.

This should be celebrated. The only mistake is not removing the barrier for every adult.

I literally highlighted it for you. They’re receiving a temporary certificate. You’re just making things up at this point
lol......5 years.
(go back and look at what you highlighted - find the word provisional - what's that? You can't?)
Even CERTIFIED teachers have to re-new their certificate every 5 years.

We agree that you don't really know what you are talking about and should stop embarrassing yourself.

VN Store

Back