Florida granting teaching licenses to military + spouses.

Who on here has had a child (or grandchild) graduate in the last few years?

My child graduated from a private Christian kindergarten 3 months ago and her teacher didn’t have an undergrad. Both the teacher and the child have a better grasp of micro economics than 3-4 people in this thread. Not naming names of course.

Yes the pool is expanded to married people who attended a couple of years of school and barely passed.
Barely passed? Sounds like 60 hours with a minimum GPA.

Is that “barely passed”? I’d wave the GPA requirement for high scores on the Praxis btw.

What are you really mad about here? There is something else going on here.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Barely passed? Sounds like 60 hours with a minimum GPA.

Is that “barely passed”? I’d wave the GPA requirement for high scores on the Praxis btw.

What are you really mad about here? There is something else going on here.
2.5 isn't setting the world on fire. It's pretty low

I'm not mad about anything except lowering standards because of who someone married

I'm not mad about anything except lowering standards because of who someone married
That is more of a Democrat principal actually which creates quite the quandry

Because your child will have a good teacher? Isn't increasing the pool of qualified people a positive?
Not when lowering the qualifications is the way you increase the pool.
That's like saying that in order to be a pilot, you no longer need to go through the same training, you just need to have ridden in a plane a few times. That would certainly increase the pool of candidates.

Yea, and that is the minimum. Should there be no minimum? Should it be 3.0?

I’m pretty cynical. I know that.
I see a ploy by conservatives in Florida to get more (they hope) conservative voices into public school classrooms.

Are you mad about that possible aspect of this?

That's like saying that in order to be a pilot, you no longer need to go through the same training, you just need to have ridden in a plane a few times. That would certainly increase the pool of candidates.
LOL That is a new level of dumb analogy even for you.

That's only important if the qualifications are meaningful. So what meaningful qualifications have been reduced?

What are the super stringent requirements for Teach For America?

3.9 GPA
Master’s degree
6th Gen American

Anybody know?

One requires a lot more training and technical expertise than the other

VN Store

Back