Florida granting teaching licenses to military + spouses.

So 5 jobs will be filled that would have went empty. One of them will do a great job and the other 4 will not be rehired?

I'm not seeing the problem.

Still unclear where you get 4 bad hires.

Why is a college educated experienced teaching professional making bad hires at such a high rate?

Reactions: Rickyvol77
So 5 jobs will be filled that would have went empty. One of them will do a great job and the other 4 will not be rehired?

I'm not seeing the problem.

The problem is the teachers unions and their partners, the Universities that “educate “ and certify teachers losing control of the hiring process and potentially the billions of dollars in union dues that go along with it. Teachers unions exist to educate like McDonald’s exists to provide nutrition.

I freely admit that there will be one success for every five failures. That's an unacceptable ratio.

Your predicted 80% how do you believe that compares to current teachers and why do you think there will be a dramatic difference

The problem is the teachers unions and their partners, the Universities that “educate “ and certify teachers losing control of the hiring process and potentially the billions of dollars in union dues that go along with it. Teachers unions exist to educate like McDonald’s exists to provide nutrition.

Yea, I’ll be interested to see the hurdles admin will jump to avoid ever hiring one of these folks.

You bring some retired business owner in that has military experience and can kick ass teaching math. Great, you just stirred up a hornets nest in your school among the incompetent teachers. What principal is going to make that move?

Reactions: Rickyvol77
I pointed out how many days the teachers in my child’s district work. I specifically pointed out what they are off for and added it up. I also never threw out a dollar figure, that was another poster. Try again.
Ok. I'll try again.
The first post below is the dollar figure.
Your response follows.
That's equivalent to about 66k annually if working full 12 months. Starting out.
Yes sir. Plus retirement. Not sure what their situation is with medical/dental etc. I guess it varies from district to district.
Sounds like you are in full agreement. His numbers are recalculating 47k at 8 1/2 months to 12 month, which as I said, is total BS.
Nobody works 12 months. The average is 230 days.
Compare 8.5 to 10 if you wish. Or 10 to 11.5.

Why is a college educated experienced teaching professional making bad hires at such a high rate?

I don’t think he really believes that number. He’s saying “so what “? To the number that the Pearl clutcher threw out. Like I nod my head when my daughter talks about Santa.

Reactions: allvol123
I'm obviously right. It's not even a debatable question. Lowering the standard will obviously increase the pool of talented qualified candidates. What about that could you possible disagree with?
The whole premise. Take away all requirements and you will have the biggest pool of qualified candidates. That's your premise.

Ok. I'll try again.
The first post below is the dollar figure.
Your response follows.

Sounds like you are in full agreement. His numbers are recalculating 47k at 8 1/2 months to 12 month, which as I said, is total BS.
Nobody works 12 months. The average is 230 days.
Compare 8.5 to 10 if you wish. Or 10 to 11.5.

And I went back and clarified my statement by saying that my premise was that teachers got about an extra month and a half. You went all the way back and multi quoted all of that but still can’t answer my simple question about the success rate of teachers in the APS cheating scandal. Bad boy……

Greater success to me would mean an increase is kids graduating HS with employable skills, greater proficiency in math and language and fewer kids needing remedial classes in college.

Managing/ maintaining a checking account and the ability to not get scammed when buying a car. It would make me happy if they taught these things. But maybe I’ll get more enjoyment teaching them myself.

Because it is hard to know before you actually see them in action, which is precisely why observed student teaching is of such critical importance. One shouldn't need a college degree to understand that simple concept.

Your predicted 80% how do you believe that compares to current teachers and why do you think there will be a dramatic difference
Because current teachers went through an observation phase before they were issued a certificate.

Because it is hard to know before you actually see them in action, which is precisely why observed student teaching is of such critical importance. One shouldn't need a college degree to understand that simple concept.

You mean to make sure that they don’t do anything like participating in the falsification of standardized test scores for financial gain??

And I went back and clarified my statement by saying that my premise was that teachers got about an extra month and a half. You went all the way back and multi quoted all of that but still can’t answer my simple question about the success rate of teachers in the APS cheating scandal. Bad boy……
I have no idea what their success rate was, but whatever it was, it was completely overshadowed and rendered mostly moot by their decision to cheat.

Kind of like Trump, whatever success one wishes to attribute to him is completely overshadowed and rendered mostly moot by his unlawful attempt to steal the 2020 election culminating in the Jan 6th fiasco.

Greater success to me would mean an increase is kids graduating HS with employable skills, greater proficiency in math and language and fewer kids needing remedial classes in college.
I agree with that.

Absolutely.

Bull****. My Dad has a degree in mechanical engineering and couldn’t teach math or science to Elon Musk. My mom has no undergrad and spent about 15 years as a public school para-pro and an actual teacher at private schools that didn’t require a degree. She doesn’t even have room for the awards that she won. That piece of paper has no bearing on whether someone can teach.

You mean to make sure that they don’t do anything like participating in the falsification of standardized test scores for financial gain??
What?
There are teachers who do wrong.
There are military personnel who do wrong.
There are lawyers who do wrong.
Doctors, plumbers, truck drivers...................................
What point does that make. Your whole APS tangent is nonsense and totally irrelevant.

VN Store

Back