George Floyd was actually an evil man.

An underlying issue here is how much importance an officer should put on a suspect's claim that "I can't breathe" or "these handcuffs hurt!" or "ow my arm" to change what they are doing. People feign such things all the time, or at least exaggerate them. If cops "let up" in the wrong circumstance that can have a bad outcome.

They are between a rock and a hard place. Let up and have the suspect scurry away or get physical control; don't react and with 20/20 hindsight an argument can be made the suspect was telling the truth and could not breathe.
See? You can be reasonable. Why can’t you apply that same reasonableness to other situations?

Reactions: Rickyvol77 and AM64
Ok, so why are you already saying he should spend his life in jail before he has been convicted? That’s the point. Watching CNN doesn’t make you one thing or another. I watch it from time to time and I’m not liberal.

Lucky for Chauvin I’m not the judge and will not be part of the jury unless they come to Oak Ridge TN for jury selection, so I can have an opinion about the case just like others who believe Chauvin should walk free.

Floyd wasn’t convicted either, but he is dead.

GF had drugs in his system. Got it.

If Chauvin hadn’t had his knee on GF back, or had Chauvin let him up or moved off him when he said he couldn’t breathe, would GF still be alive?

I don’t know, but by any reasonable standard it isn’t unfair to say Chauvin contributed to his death. It further isn’t unreasonable to assume had Chauvin moved him in a sitting position or gotten off him while he was begging he would still be alive.

Floyd wasn’t a good man, got it. But at that moment neither was Chauvin.
Contribution doesn’t denote guilt. His method of submission and restraint was in compliance to policy.

Criminal or not 3 police officers watched as another cop continued to kneel on a mans neck who was handcuffed and begging for his life. Why did they not stop him?
A few reasons. 1)Floyd had been saying he couldn’t breath before he was ever on the ground and refused to sit in the vehicle. 2) the procedure of restraint was 100% compliant with use of force guidelines. 3) Floyd outweighed Chauvin by at least 100 pounds and we can’t tell how much pressure was on his neck.

Reactions: Rickyvol77 and AM64
A few reasons. 1)Floyd had been saying he couldn’t breath before he was ever on the ground and refused to sit in the vehicle. 2) the procedure of restraint was 100% compliant with use of force guidelines. 3) Floyd outweighed Chauvin by at least 100 pounds and we can’t tell how much pressure was on his neck.

But mostly because the unspoken rule is that cops don't correct other cops, lest they be viewed as weak.

Fentanyl will make people do some really terrible things sometimes as well.

Reactions: AM64 and Rickyvol77
Yep. You have no idea what those officers were thinking.

Edit: Liberals are like superheroes. You can read people’s minds, control the weather, and more!

I know a number of policeman, they all look out for one another to a fault, where the unwritten rules are far more important than the written ones.

Challenging another cop on scene for roughing up a habitual felon is pretty low on at the bottom of the list of things they're concerned about.

Speaking of superhero's, it appears as if you're living in a world outside of reality yourself.

Last edited:
Reactions: AM64 and AirVol
So, the mob gets to decide what is the “right” verdict?

Correct. If the left-wing lunatic mob thinks Chauvin will NOT hang in the town's square there will be Hell to pay.
They've already beefed up the court hose and buildings & will call in more police or national guard if needed.

Last edited:
Reactions: AM64

#1 - So put your knee on his neck? You made an argument against the officer.
#2 - He was not resisting arrest. He was cuffed. It was absolutely excessive and not necessary to engage in a discouraged procedure.
#3 - This is were you defer to the suspect begging for their life.

Correct. If the left-wing lunatic mob thinks Chauvin will NOT hang in the town's square there will be Hell to pay.
They've already beefed up the court hose and buildings & will call in more police or national guard if needed.

That is not the mob deciding the verdict. That is the mob’s reaction to the verdict that you are describing. Big difference.

Reactions: W.TN.Orange Blood

VN Store

Back