George Floyd was actually an evil man.

“A Hennepin County autopsy ruled Floyd's death a homicide, caused by “a cardiopulmonary arrest while being restrained by law enforcement officer.” ... A private autopsy commissioned by Floyd's family also ruled the death a homicide, but found asphyxia was the cause of death.”
As Derek Chauvin stands trial in the killing of George Floyd, the world watches Minnesota | Duluth News Tribune

Next?
A heart attack while being restrained isn’t the same as a heart attack caused by the restraint.

I tend to think that the length of time will prove to be a major factor, if not the deciding one. But we aren't sitting in the courtroom for the entirety of this and people cannot second guess the result on what they read/hear on CNN or Fox or MSNBC or Breitbart. Take your pick.
Why are you so sensible on this topic? Stop it! It’s freaking me out!

Basically, this will come down to the length of time against the contributing factors of drugs, resisting, etc. I don’t at all envy any of those involved in this case as everyone loses here and there’s no way to 100% assign blame to either party. It’s going to be an entire judgment call and those tend to go the way of the police who have to make life and death decisions in real time. There’s no way Chauvin goes without any charges but I seriously doubt he gets murder.

Last sentence in #1 is irrelevant to the case. For #2, how long are they taught to maintain the hold? For 8-10min while the person is cuffed and unconscious? I highly doubt that's the technique taught. #3 there are conflicting reports. That's why he gets to go to court
His use of drugs is very important to the case bc without them he is probably still alive..... the 8-10 minutes will be argued about in court whether that matched procedure..... I haven’t paid that close of attention to the case.... when did chauvin realize he was iunconscious?

Reactions: AM64 and Rickyvol77
I’m catching up to the fact that you are basing a serious accusation on what you prefer to be true rather than what standards and evidence say is true.
Isn’t that what a lot of people are doing regarding Chauvin? None of us have seen all the evidence yet. You’re doing the same thing everyone does. If you agree with the accusation it’s fine but if you disagree then you call people out.

Well, aside from a policeman, I also know two sheriffs deputies and a FWC officer.

I told them about you, they all think you're a wannabe.
That is funniest damn thing you’ve ever typed! Are you a high school girl?
“I told them about you, they all think you’re a wannabe.” LOL!!!! Thanks for the laugh this morning.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
“A Hennepin County autopsy ruled Floyd's death a homicide, caused by “a cardiopulmonary arrest while being restrained by law enforcement officer.” ... A private autopsy commissioned by Floyd's family also ruled the death a homicide, but found asphyxia was the cause of death.”
As Derek Chauvin stands trial in the killing of George Floyd, the world watches Minnesota | Duluth News Tribune

Next?
I didn't realize the two autopies found different causes of death.....both concluded homicide but different causes.....wonder how the jury will reconcile that.

I didn't realize the two autopies found different causes of death.....both concluded homicide but different causes.....wonder how the jury will reconcile that.

Experts, probably.

Here's an article about just that. It lays out the timelines, the wording and most importantly, context. If you're really interested in sorting the wheat from the chaff, read this article, penned by a physician.

George Floyd’s Autopsy and the Structural Gaslighting of America – National Clinician Scholars Program at UCLA

If you're not interested in reading it, in a nutshell - the autopsy findings were cherrypicked and then misrepresented by Floyds detractors to shore up a defense.

"By inaccurately portraying the medical findings from the autopsy of George Floyd, the legal system and media emboldened white supremacy, all under the cloak of authoritative scientific rhetoric. They took standard components of a preliminary autopsy report to cast doubt, to sow uncertainty." and "Without this important medical context, however, the public was left to reconcile manipulated medical language with the evidence they had personally witnessed. Ultimately, the initial report overstated and misrepresented the role of chronic medical conditions, inappropriately alluded to intoxicants, and failed to acknowledge the stark reality that but for the defendant’s knee on George Floyd’s neck, he would not be dead today."

"On May 29, the country was told that the autopsy of George Floyd “revealed no physical findings that support a diagnosis of traumatic asphyxiation,” and that “potential intoxicants” and preexisting cardiovascular disease “likely contributed to his death.” This requires clarification. Importantly, these commonly quoted phrases did not come from a physician, but were taken from a charging document that utilized politicized interpretations of medical information. As doctors, we wish to highlight for the public that this framing of the circumstances surrounding Floyd’s death was at best, a misinterpretation, and at worst, a deliberate obfuscation."

Last edited:
A heart attack while being restrained isn’t the same as a heart attack caused by the restraint.

I do not fully agree but it’s pointless to debate given the evidence. The former is probably not a homicide, which is what both examiners ruled happened in this case.

They both found 1 cause of death. Homicide. The other factors are underlying and possible contributors.
With the visual evidence and the sentiment behind it, in conjunction with the fired officer’s flagrant background, it probably will not be a good day Derek Chauvin. However, he’ll probably get what he tried to plead to originally: 3rd degree murder.
Officials: Chauvin was ready to plead to 3rd-degree murder

Experts, probably.

Here's an article about just that. It lays out the timelines, the wording and most importantly, context. If you're really interested in sorting the wheat from the chaff, read this article, penned by a physician.

George Floyd’s Autopsy and the Structural Gaslighting of America – National Clinician Scholars Program at UCLA

If you're not interested in reading it, in a nutshell - the autopsy findings were cherrypicked and then misrepresented by Floyds detractors to shore up a defense.

"By inaccurately portraying the medical findings from the autopsy of George Floyd, the legal system and media emboldened white supremacy, all under the cloak of authoritative scientific rhetoric. They took standard components of a preliminary autopsy report to cast doubt, to sow uncertainty." and "Without this important medical context, however, the public was left to reconcile manipulated medical language with the evidence they had personally witnessed. Ultimately, the initial report overstated and misrepresented the role of chronic medical conditions, inappropriately alluded to intoxicants, and failed to acknowledge the stark reality that but for the defendant’s knee on George Floyd’s neck, he would not be dead today."

"On May 29, the country was told that the autopsy of George Floyd “revealed no physical findings that support a diagnosis of traumatic asphyxiation,” and that “potential intoxicants” and preexisting cardiovascular disease “likely contributed to his death.” This requires clarification. Importantly, these commonly quoted phrases did not come from a physician, but were taken from a charging document that utilized politicized interpretations of medical information. As doctors, we wish to highlight for the public that this framing of the circumstances surrounding Floyd’s death was at best, a misinterpretation, and at worst, a deliberate obfuscation."
That’s why you wait for trial..... both sides are going to twist facts to make their side seem better..... wonder which side these two incoming scholars at UCLA lean towards.... I bet they tend to be more towards the “woke” side.

I don't know, elaborate.

Are you sheepishly attempting to imply something? If you are, just own it.

So in the Air Force we don't really have a movie that represented us. Iron Eagle maybe, or the first Transformers. The Navy has Top Gun, or Navy Seals (depending on how you like your cheese). The Army? Too many to name. I just assume that Meet the Parents is the same for the small community of male RN's.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Experts, probably.

Lmao. Damn white supremacy medical examiners and their racist toxicology findings.

So in the Air Force we don't really have a movie that represented us. Iron Eagle maybe, or the first Transformers. The Navy has Top Gun, or Navy Seals (depending on how you like your cheese). The Army? Too many to name. I just assume that Meet the Parents is the same for the small community of male RN's.
The good male RNs become managers and admin. The mediocre ones go on to do something else

I do not fully agree but it’s pointless to debate given the evidence. The former is probably not a homicide, which is what both examiners ruled happened in this case.
But as has been noted on this very thread, that term doesn’t mean there is a crime. The ME has 5 buckets to put it in so it very well could be that no other buckets fit so it was put in that bucket. We won’t know for sure until they testify.

Isn’t that what a lot of people are doing regarding Chauvin? None of us have seen all the evidence yet. You’re doing the same thing everyone does. If you agree with the accusation it’s fine but if you disagree then you call people out.

It depends a lot on what evidence the jury is allowed to see. That's always the strategy - control the message and you control the outcome, and it's what our "judicial" system is built around. It's not like scientific analysis where everything is carefully weighed and measured, the jurors are led by the nose toward generally two conflicting outcomes, and largely jurors don't have the competence to delve into complex analysis even if allowed. Trials are marketing at it's basest.

I see him more as the character in Step Brothers where he insisted on joining the family business. His father is a practicing medical doctor.

Reactions: FLVOL_79

VN Store

Back